• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
1581-1590 The vendetta against England

More war V hordes. More colonizing. More meh.

I saw a small British fleet sail past my territory in India. Not sure why, but it just annoyed me. They were still alive, and that alone was cause to kill them.

OE15831.jpg

I looked around and saw they were at war with a couple countries in the East Indies.

W. T. F.

I decided that right then, I was going to take them out. I wasn't sure how, but I was going to do it.

I moused over and declared war. DIE!

OE15832.jpg

I sent out my ships in the Indian region to engage the small British fleet. There was a pitched battle between his 4 warships and my 3 warships and 10 cogs. Eventually, I scored victory!

I tried to attack a second British convoy. This time, a large fleet showed up and crushed my navy!

Hmm. I did the math. With so many ships way over yonder, what was defending the British Isles?

I loaded my main fleet with one assault stack and sent it out on a posible one way trip to Ireland. When I got there, I saw about 35k British troops in Ireland. Crap!

I diverted my attack to the British main Isle and my assault stack found no enemy near and level one forts all over the place.

OE15834.jpg

I saw no defenders and no navy!

My navy rushed back for a second 10k stack while my assault stack went crazy. In just a few months, I'd captured most of the British Home Island!!

Finally, an enemy fleet showed up. It was small enough for me to engage and score a victory, large enough for the loss to be significant for the Brits.

OE15841.jpg

With that fleet reparing in port, two more fleets of transports were sunk by my navy. He had substantial forces just across the water in Ireland, but couldn't bring any of them home.

His fleet came back out with a few reinforcements and again they were beaten back, costing him 3 more transports in the process. He was now down to maybe a dozen!

OE15842.jpg

Another group of 4 cogs was sunk. I knew strategically, there was no way he could bring enough troops home to be any threat to my 25k forces present there.

Finally after a LONG time, the rest of his large ships showed up, forcing my fleet into port. By this time, I'd captured all of the British Home Island, and it was just a matter of time.

I kept trying to send a stack to the Orkneys, but one of his two fleets kept blocking my passage while the smaller of the two British fleets kept me blockaded in. I devided my naval force into 3 parts, made up of a big ship fleet, and 2 groups of cogs. I took a gamble using my cogs as cannon fodder for my large ships, and sent them all into the smaller British fleet letting the cogs arrive 1 day before the large ships.

At first, the cogs took a heavy pounding, but then my large ships destroyed his large ships fast enough to prevent any of my cogs from sinking. The naval power balance swung heavily towards OE with that victory.

OE15852.jpg

The fight was over extremely fast, before his second fleet could return to aid or get revenge. I put my fleet to dock quickly, giving them several months to repair. My tactic had been a stunning success! In similar fights durring the last war, my navy had lost, but now I had a 1 level tech lead in Naval and by letting my transports take the brunt of his attack, my fighting ships stayed strong throughout the fight.

The British economy was a wreck. Their WE shot up to Max in just a few months. In the war screen, their score dropped straight to zero.

With my fleet largely repaired, I decided to attempt the tactic a second time on the other large British naval force. Again, the result was a devistating victory.

OE15853.jpg

The British were now down to 3 cogs! I loaded my armies up and sent them to Ireland, crushing the British completely and occupying the entirity of the British Isles.

then this!!!

OE15861.jpg

I was in a regency since right after I started the war V GB. It would have to wait, but I now had a party date with Vijayanager!

I squeezed GB until their economy collapsed and they fell into bankruptcy. -Then- I sued for peace.

OE15862.jpg

My new King came to power with all his 3-5-3 greatnes, and had an almost equally bad heir! I had had enough overextension. I changed government to Admin republic, picked an Admin ruler and got a 9-3-8! F yea! The bad diplomacy thing would need to go, but he could wait until after stability was back up first.

Then I declared war on Vijayanager and their ally Deccan.

Deccan was annexed and Vijayanager cut in half.

OE15874.jpg

I then attacked Yemen using my mision CB to grab Mecca.

OE15881.jpg

With a high RR and infamy, I spent the rest of the decade building up my economy, killing rebels, and insulting the other leaders of the world while stability recovered.

Last edited:
Impressive victory over Britain, especially outmanouvering their navy

But, I'm worried you're losing your 'edge'

With a high RR and infamy, I spent the rest of the decade building up my economy, killing rebels, and insulting the other leaders of the world while stability recovered.

I mean its pretty peace-minded to worry about things like stability, infamy, economics and the advantage of high RR is ... more revolts?

I mean its pretty peace-minded to worry about things like stability, infamy, economics and the advantage of high RR is ... more revolts?

Lol, I was still fighting and expanding. :p Just not in a way that gave me more BB.

And tbh, more than anything I was building more armies, and moving them around. The 'rest of the decade' was only like 1 year from the last BB costing war. :)

But if they all revolt NOW, then they won't have any revolters for future eras of boring peace!

Plus they need taxes to kill people.

1591-1600 I'm still alive!

Right at the beginning of the decade, Portugal took a couple provinces in India which was very convenient. I invaded.

I wiped out all of their forces that I was able to see. I occupied all their provinces I was able to reach, then I just waited for them to give in.

I had two awesome events. Meh, lose stab. Then, lose more stab! It was great fun. We celebrated the stability loss by killing rebeles. They died, diligently doing their part to maintain OE tradition.

While waiting, I invaded Vijayanager again. They responded by giving up several provinces, cores, and money. Clearly they were understanding the nature of OE cultural values. It was so nice of them, the Sultan vowed to annex them later. It was Zzzz not worth screenshots.

Finally, in 1595, Portugal gave me what I wanted. Almost instantly afterwards, Castille insulted me! Pshhh!!

OE: Mmkay, Wardec!!! Damn Spussians needed to die more!

This was the statistical breakdown: !!!

OE15961.jpg

My land advantage had leveled out somewhat, but the first engagements of the war went largely in my favor, with only one loss to the Spussians in Iberia. My navy killed everything it found in the water.

OE15962.jpg

The Bavarians drove south into Italy in force. Those dudes were... well, tough. In even fights or fights where I had a slight advantage in size, they beat me every time. So, I stopped fighting them evenly, or with only a slight advantage. :p

In Britland, I again occupied their home Island, but it took much longer this time as they had most of their land force at home. Good for them! They all died.

In Iberia, it was also much tougher this time around. The odds were fairly even in terms of local troop strength, but the Spusians failed to pres the advantage a couple times when they had it, and thus ended up with me capturing their entire homeland.

In Russia, things were definitely in my favor, and I cruised through most of western Russia with only 30k forces there to fight back.

The Bavarians were the tough ones. They had solid troops, and in large numbers. The back and forth in Italy required me to send reinforcements.

For my next NI, I took QFTNW. I would need to hunt down the Eurobums in the Americas eventually, and it was annoying to not be able to fight them effectively on all fronts.

OE15971.jpg

I drove up my WS to just over 90, but I didn't make peace. Instead I held Castile and England in a deathgrip, savoring the moment!

I pushed Bavaria back into the dark forrests of Germany, and watched them all struggle! Then, Bohemia, again not invited to the party, showed up anyway!

I peaced out with Castille and friends taking some prime territory, money, etc.

The new war looked like this:

OE15992.jpg

I thought I would steamroll right over the top of the Bohemians, but I made several mistakes with my armies moving into the region. Right away, I wiped a 25k Bohemian stack, then sent two stacks at his second 25k stack in Hungary. The timing was to spread out between the two, and this second Bohemian stack had a crazy good general. He wiped the first stack right before the second landed, then wiped the second as well.

AARGH! I was angry! I sent in a third stack that had just arrived, hitting him at low morale, and the third stack also wiped. No kidding, in les than 3 weeks, that 25k army killed about 35k of my forces.

I'd go on, but that's about where the decade came to an end.

Its the beer that must be making these various Germanic types so difficult to crack. Even the impostor non-German Germanics.
2011-SPG-Poster_JenniferEng.jpg

I mean, if I had this as part of my tradition I'd definitely fight harder to keep it... :cool:

well trying to get my economy rolling has required me to diversify tech a bit more, and my sliders are decent for land, but not completely pro-land. The biggest thing is just the fact that my armies are spread acros a 360 degree front so I usually need to grab 2-3 rebel killing stacks and asemble them into an army killing stack, but my timing was off with Bohemia and one army arrived to far ahead of the others. :) Part of the problem is with so much non-cored territory, my army is very small for the area it needs to cover.

To address that picture... usually the girls in the clubs only look that good -after- you drink lots of beer. :) And I lived in Germany for 6 years, they don't generally dress like that or wear much make-up unless they're prostitutes. :p

I mean, if I had this as part of my tradition I'd definitely fight harder to keep it... :cool:
The "St. Pauli" mentioned in the picture is actually something lots of people fight for.... it's the soccer/football club with the most active fandom of hooligans :D
Anyway, looking really nice there, aren't you afraid that you will eventually run out of european majors to kill?

The "St. Pauli" mentioned in the picture is actually something lots of people fight for.... it's the soccer/football club with the most active fandom of hooligans :D
Anyway, looking really nice there, aren't you afraid that you will eventually run out of european majors to kill?

The entire point of this game is to avenge OE for all the times they seem to get gang-banged by Europe in DW 5.1 England and Castile do it the most (so are getting the 'brunt' of my attacks) but often enough even other 'friendly' countries will jump in to beat up OE. Thus why I will kill them all. :)

Maybe I've missed something, but why do you call Prussians Spussians?

Another entertaining update!

1601-1610 Yup.

Well I was fighting wars. Again.

Okay! So Bohemian armies put up a goof fight, but not for long. They were cut down by the continued flow of my troops into the area. Unlike the last time, I used arty to capture territory instead of trying to assault everything, but I did use assalut stacks which did do some assaulting.

While I was subduing the naughty Czech peoples, more smugglers wanted to run rampant, but this time I said no!

OE16041.jpg

I started a war with the Netherlands just to wipe out their fleet and be a jerk.

Finally, after building up some WE for the Bohemians, I gave them peace for land.

OE16052.jpg

Then Vijayanager was invaded in the name of mindless killing of 'them'.

They exchanged land for peace also.

OE16062.jpg

Then I attacked GB again because they are -sooo- them.

FINALLY! The Bavarians recognized my rotten temperment towards them, and elevated me again to my rightful place!

OE16065.jpg

There was lots of killing of them all over.

Then I was heinously insulted!!!

OE16091.jpg

OE response: Wardec-> Invade.

Prussia had some good troops. They all died.

The English territories being occupied decided they wanted to be winners and not losers and they wanted to be 'us' and not 'them' so this started happening:

OE16101.jpg

Then guess who wanted to join the party again? Silly Bohemians, never waiting for an invitation!

I made peace with Prussia: You get peace, I get land.

OE16104.jpg

And that was that.

France, Bavaria, Prussia. The only "them" left worth mentioning. Come to think of it, the French haven't been making war against you that I can notice.
Asian "them" isn't even worth mentioning at this point. It would go thusly:
OE Sultan: WAAAAGGGGH!!!!
Asia: AIIIGGH!!! Here, take some land.
OE Sultan: Awww, dey izn't even good for a propa' fight anymore.

1611-1620

Bohemia again fought well but they were crushed by the odds.

OE forces wiped out Czech stacks before driving into Bohemia.

OE16111.jpg

British provinces kept defecting, and soon Great Britain changed their name!

They became Great... something I can't read.

OE16121.jpg

My forces went scouring the globe in search of British holdings. I captured territory in the Americas and in Africa.

The defections kept happening while this went on.

OE16141.jpg

After putting the crunch on Bohemia, one of their provinces decided to defect as well.

Finally, I gave the Great X nation peace for land.

OE16181.jpg

Then I annexed Vijayanager.

After a long occupation, I gave Bohemia peace as well, reducing them to 3 provinces:

OE16201.jpg

Right after this, I got a warning?!!

Pshh mmkay, guess who was getting attacked next?

OE16202.jpg

OE to the world: You suck. Die.

I can't believe I didn't see this earlier! This is gold! Finally the Ottomans are reaching their rightful place.

Triumph for the Ottomans!