• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Oh man look at all that Ming, just waiting for half of it to be gobbled up in one peace deal.

My Ming strategy just boils down to this: Rev/C-Rev. Gov 53. :p Actually that's my plan for anything still alive at the point when I reach gov 53.

1701-1710: Looking for love in all the wrong places.

I was as you maybe guessed at war in 1701, stealing colonies etc. I was planning to attack zee Frenchies again as soon as I finished, but eneded up getting drawn into a different war with them.

OE17011.jpg

So there were two primary wars at this time, one with France, one with revolters.

At first the fights with France were more common, but only slightly.

OE17012.jpg

I peaced out with Netherlands after snagging all their colonies that were 'under construction' then sent my explorer looking for other French holdings.

His slider settings did not allow me to get his WE over 15, so no defections for me.

While searching for French, we found... a Comet! Sigh.

OE17022.jpg

Venice kept sending spies to start revolts, as did many, but it started to annoy me, so...

OE17041.jpg

A pretty big war broke out over that, so it took me a little time to 'kill them all'.

After I was done, I decided to restart the whole process.

Ulm was spamming my COT's constantly with merchants, screwing up my monopolies!! DIE!

OE17071.jpg

And again it took a little while to kill all the other 'thems' in that war.

Brandenburg had been getting on my nerves with spies and a warning, so I took two provinces.

I would have annexed them but someone else got to one of their provinces first, so I left them with 2.

OE17091.jpg

I also revassalized Wallachia because of a mission, got one of my cores on them back.

I got a second core on their other province later and cancelled vassal status.

As the decade came to a close, free money!!

OE17101.jpg

The number of rebels in this decade was pretty nuts.

My army was somewhere around 800kish, and probably half of that was spread around just for rebel destruction.

Last edited:
Is that... A completely occupied France?!
Thats never an easy task.

Also, those really small countries who spam spies are very annoying. It's good you are crushing them!

Is that... A completely occupied France?!
Thats never an easy task.

Also, those really small countries who spam spies are very annoying. It's good you are crushing them!

Completely occupied except for a few islands, although I did occupy most of those as well, but rebels usually broke them free since I didn't leave an army on every island.

It ended up being a very long occupation, just to stop them from expanding while I focussed on other countries. I did let some nations break free in parts of occupied France to annex them, as you will see. :)

1711-1720:

I let rebels take a province in France and one of my own in order to snag a province from France.

Navarra the 3rd was short lived:

OE17111.jpg

Another rebellion freed up Savoy as an OPM in a province I had cored, and they were also short lived.

Soon after this, I abolished slavery! Not because I'm nice, but because it gave me a very small monthly BB reduction.

OE17131.jpg

My next target was Tirol, and they had friends with big armies!

With Bavaria being DOTF for Catholics, they were still 'almost' like the HRE.

I have no idea where they kept getting all the troops from, but I was happy to kill them all in every war.

OE17133.jpg

After making yet another bloody mess, I turned back on Brandenburg.

This started a low level global conflict, but the outcome was of course all about reducing the number of 'thems' in the world.

OE17151.jpg

Luxemburg had finally eaten their neighbor some time earlier becoming a 2PM!

We were late to the party but decided to help them them celebrate by annexing them.

OE17152.jpg

As mentioned before, I now had 2 cores on Wallachia.

Soooo cancelled vassalization status, then ate them.

OE17181.jpg

Then I had an awesome event! Can you guess?

If you picked -stab, you are correct!!

Anyhow, someone asked me earlier how I recover stab so fast, so just to give you an idea, here's a list of Cathedrals and Fine Arts Academies.

OE17182.jpg

Castille... OE blood enemy number one. Not because of history, but because of EU3!!!

For all the times they invaded OE in other games, I happily announce them to be GONE! DONE! OVER! DEAD!!!

OE17191.jpg

I was sooo happy, I decided to attack more people.

Fisrt was Ming, gimme my cores!!!

OE17201.jpg

Then came displaced Great X.

Gimme your coloniez!!!

OE17202.jpg

It was a bloody good time. Ming forces were huge and extremely squishy.

GB was... still GB. They died like before except with fewer replacements.

Then, another stab hit. AWESOME! I killed more people to express my excitement.

A new 2pm revolter country broke free in France, somehow holding 2 of my cores.

How convenient. DIE!!!

OE17204.jpg

Having high diplo leaders results in many border disputes. I love border disputes!!!

Bavaria now had 5 of my cores. Mmmkay. INVADE!!! Oh, already at war... they were defending the other guys.

Whatever, die.

OE17205.jpg

And so the decade ended quite shockingly with wars.

Last edited:
Fantastic war mongering!

What terms will you impose upon France?

Too many successful wars. Cannot comprehend such madness.
Also, hooray for hearts of iron-style France occupation

Well I got stacks of troops everywhere. I mean 800k-850kish in that last update, I build more all the time, so they just attack everything everywhere on every front.

And of course we were successful! We were 'us' and they were 'them'. :)

Fantastic war mongering!

What terms will you impose upon France?

Well the terms for peace are the same with every nation in every war. :) Peace for land until they are out of land. :D

I'm impressed that the Ottoman population has managed to fit in the construction of so much Fine Art & places of worship and peaceful contemplation while conquering most of the world

Ya know, in order to successfully warmonger in a long term kinda way, I need to be a tech giant. To be a tech giant I need a rocking economy. To have a rocking economy I need gobs of magistrates. To have gobs of magistrates I need rediculous numbers of colleges. If I already have colleges, I might as well build cathedrals. :)

Ottoman "Fine Arts" are probably killing people with Daggers and other pointy things :D And Ottoman cathedrals probably look like Temples of Khorne....

I beleive you know the same OE I know!

This is a BB-war ... oh , wait , you're not that infamous!

My BB has it's ups and downs, but I try to always keep it above zero and below the limit.

And now... UPDATE!!!!

1721-1726: STUFF!

As with all wars , there was much killing of thems.

Bavaria would build up huge stacks in our brief 'rest' periods for me to kill over and over again.

While I was killing such a stack, I annexed the target 'them' for 2 freebie provinces.

OE17211.jpg

There was lots of 'them' killing going on globally as well, with my targetted Great X colonies up next on the choppin block!

After wiping our the British army and fleet for the 23rd time, they gave into my bloodthirsty demands.

OE17212.jpg

I gave Bavaria peace after building up my tradition a bit more at their expense.

Ming gave up their cores without too much trouble, maybe something about the loss of rediculous amounts of troops or something like that.

Sooo I declared a couple more wars because they all deserved to DIE!!!

One was with some 'thems' in the North, resulting in me taking land.

OE17231.jpg

Shortly after this, my leader died leaving me with a 5 diplo guy.

I switched gov to admin republic, elected a diplo leader, then switched back.

5 stability later I was crushing down BB again, but with 3 admin came a complete lack of WE reduction so yay me!

More rebels to kill!

OE17232.jpg

Sooo here's a pic of the 'rebel wars' take 78.

All the red sieges are rebels. Good times!

Also note all the rebel notifications in the combat notification bar.

OE17241.jpg

And that's where I'll leave this partial update. Will dig through screens to put another together shortly.

Stuff indeed.

I made one localisation file for my AAR game to change the name, I'll do one for you to change it to "Us" if you want. It won't change the checksum or indeed any game mechanics, as if you were playing it in French.

Stuff indeed.

I made one localisation file for my AAR game to change the name, I'll do one for you to change it to "Us" if you want. It won't change the checksum or indeed any game mechanics, as if you were playing it in French.

It would be cool, but it would still constitute a 'modifed game file' which would violate the AAR rules. :/

1726-1730: STUFF!! (part 2)

After a long occupation, I FINALLY made peace with France!

...so I could then attack them with CB's.

OE17261.jpg

I had 2 CB's on Serbia, one for each province. First I used reconquest to take a province.

I checked my truce timer and YAY!!! Bavaria was now attackable. Mmmkay, time to take my cores.

Wardec->invade->kill, etc.

OE17263.jpg

I made a seperate wardec on Switzerland for having red as their primary national color.

I let rebels take one province from me and one from France, then they broke free as a nation and one more free province for me!

The war V Bavaria was short but extremely bloody. LOTS of WE with my new 3 admin ruler so rebels. YUM!

I took all my cores and the Bavarian Kings Mojo, not that he had much.

OE17265.jpg

Another -stab event. Hurray.

Then annexed Switzerland for being a them.

OE17272.jpg

Nicked a province off Bosnia I had a core on.

Declared war of extermination on Hansa.

As this was going on I -FINALLY- got the one advisor event I'd been waiting on for almost the whole game.

Behold: Extra warmonger power.

OE17281.jpg

And Nevers was never not on my last nerve for spies, merchant spamming, generally being annoying, and thus I declared war border or not.

Actually I'd mostly just been waiting for them to get annexed by someone, but then they became a 2pm when Bavaria and Nevers devided up Burgandy.

So the decade ended with another annexation and rebels dieing in our grand continuous celebration of killing everyone everywhere!

OE17301.jpg

*squees in delight, dances on corpses* Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne! Let the Galaxy BURN!!!!!

Yup.

But.. but.. all of France occupied.. one territory... peace deal...
What is this!

Also, great update as always.

While they were occupied I nicked 4 provinces off of them, then took one in peace. Mostly I just made sure they didn't expand, then took all their cash, leaving them broke, still at war, and with 15 WE. Sooo in the next war, I took more land, and then in the next war, more land...

Good to see that Holland's still independent as i am from Amsterdam.

Great update!

what;'s your personal goal atm? Conquering the rest of Europe or even more??

Holland formed Netherlands. I took everything from them in Europe except their capital which I was going to take next, but Netherlands moved their capital and then released Holland in a peace deal with someone else.

If Holland ever becomes a 2+PM, they'll get absorbed. Or when I hit Gov 53. Sorry. They're one of 'them' so must die.

As for my plans: To kill everyone everywhere as much as I can!

eviloverlord.jpg

THEY WILL ALL DIE!!!

Holland formed Netherlands. I took everything from them in Europe except their capital which I was going to take next, but Netherlands moved their capital and then released Holland in a peace deal with someone else.

If Holland ever becomes a 2+PM, they'll get absorbed. Or when I hit Gov 53. Sorry. They're one of 'them' so must die.

I really hope that day never comes!
Why do you want to wait till you hit government level 53??