• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
1681-1690

NI 8 was scientific revolution, then I changed Patron of the Arts for Smithian Economics and a 3 point stab hit.

With lots of Fine Arts Academies, I didn't need it anymore.

Then I got a nice BB removing event!

OE16823.jpg

I made peace with Prussia:

Give me land and cash, give up cores.

OE16824.jpg

I made a similar deal with Castille, and also warned Sweden who I knew would attack them.

Castile absorbed their vassal Finland ad Sweden invaded them. I wiped out the Swedish Army and let Castile beat on them for a while.

I got a free University in London and another -1 stab hit, then made peace with Flanders:

OE16852.jpg

I jumped into a couple wars via PG/warnings, beat up a few people and took their lunch money.

Then I started a war with the French!!! It would be the first of many aimed at their colonies, which I could get for the discout price of 1 BB each.

OE16882.jpg

At the same time I started a war v Scotland who I had a core on.

I had a nice event giving me more free money because I obviously didn't have enough, and Scotland was annexed.

The war V France took a heavy toll. My armies did tons of assaulting and fighting, but the huge attrition I took could not be sustained for long.

I had naval supremacy, but wasn't sure where the French navies were running around. One of my fleets took a pounding when his main naval force hit a small group of transports with only light warship support.

The attrition drove up my WE very fast and made me bring the war to a quick close, taking some territory in North America.

This shot shows the fight in France right before the end of that war:

OE16891.jpg

My next target was the Inca, who would be gobbled up by someone else if I didn't do it first.

As that war was going on, I got some free land tech!

OE16901.jpg

And that was that. :)

Ha, I knew you were going to say I was psychic. ;)

Inca surviving until 1690 is impressive. Though I suppose it is because none of the European countries are able to eat them.

Good update!

I wonder how much Ottoman art is just military scenes or repurposing the bodies of those since killed?

Good job with the inevitable war with france. but well, attrition sucks.

Sir! I took a screenshot durring the next war V France just to demonstrate how much it does indead sucketh.

Good update!

You are too kind, as always.

Nice job, glad to see you kicking some French but. Especially as I'm having some trouble with them in my AAR

The imprintation of boot upon the buttocks of said 'thems' is not only a duty, but a pleasure.

I wonder how much Ottoman art is just military scenes or repurposing the bodies of those since killed?

It is shamefull to waste such things as corpses when they can serve a greater purpose in art and life such as 'the wind chimes of the fallen' or 'skull-bowling'.

Now... Update!

1691-1696 The OE riptide! (Mostly just a huge group of destructive troops who rip things up, not related to currents.)

So there I was. Killing 'them'. Life was good. The Prussians were still there, and really just shouldn't have been. War was declared. Troops rolled in assaulting things and killing people.

The Inca had actually grown... by annexing colonies from people who were busy dying while fighting me. This made the annexation cost a bit spendy.

OE16922.jpg

Of course I still was going to keep killing people, BB limits or not.

Flanders had a core of mine, so...

OE16932.jpg

They had lvl 4 forts. Mmm hard to take down.

NOT! check out how long this 4k garrison held out. The 'new' super-assault stacks would not be denied.

OE16933.jpg

Fortify that! Didn't even break a sweat.

Mmkay, on to business.

It took as long as it took for my troops to walk a couple provinces and repeat that performance to end the war.

While I put the squeeze on Prussia, I had a +2 stab event, so used that to swap NI's. Colonial ventures dropped for global viceroys.

Who needs colonists when so much of Europe has done the colonizing for me??

OE16934.jpg

Changed crappy mission for another crappy mission... vassalize Khorastan. Pshhh why not annex them?

Stupid missions!!! But it did come with a BB reduction so not so bad really.

Castille had 4 provinces I had cores on, so they were next.

They called in friends. Their friends were... squishy!

OE16942.jpg

After lots of killing, I gave Castille peace for my cores.

OE16951.jpg

I annexed Prussia, then at peace for the first time in... no idea how long, I sent diplomats to some of my vassals.

Be freee!!!!! Until I kill you.

OE16953.jpg

The peace lasted 3 months and a couple weeks while I moved troops around.

I'd sent colonies to border French colonies to get the colonialism CB to apply to more provinces.

Then, I invaded.

OE16954.jpg

The French troops were completely outclassed by the OE forces that hit them on 3 continents.

A relatively even fight with the French having better force structure and morale against one of my assault stacks lasted about 8 days and ended like this:

OE16955.jpg

I drove across French holdings all over, then made peace for colonial territory soon after the war started.

10 provinces, cash, revoke cores, etc for 10 infamy.

Just how much WE can I build up in a few months of fighting the French?

Have a look:

OE16957.jpg

Yes, you are reading that correctly, 1.34 WE -per month-.

Ahah, I love the "After an even fight that lasted eight days" you show some of your casualties and their annihilation xD

Btw, that's some nasty WE, and some NASTY empire! Great job :D Long live "us"!

Such carnage! Nicely done.

Wow, wow, wow! That is a very good looking map. You should make a decision to change your name after you've destroyed Them to change your name to Us.

That would be cool but it would violate the AAR rules. No modded files. :)

Ahah, I love the "After an even fight that lasted eight days" you show some of your casualties and their annihilation xD

Btw, that's some nasty WE, and some NASTY empire! Great job :D Long live "us"!

Well my army was larger but had just assaulted 3 provinces back to back before the fight so had less morale and was also 85% infantry. His stack was at full morale and neither of us had a terrain bonus in the fight, and we both had 7-8's on our first two combat rolls so it was 'close' to an even match in terms of just pitting troops against eachother without much luck involved. But I had a tech advantage and the 'us' advantage while they were 'them' which of course is a modifier that dooms them to failure.

Such carnage! Nicely done.

Thank you.

Update!!!

1696-1700: OE = devil incarnate?

As noticed, I had a rather high BB, just under my limit at the end of the last update.

This resulted in a bunch of events firing off in rapid succession that give +15RR to a random province, bla bla something about OE being devil spawn or something. Sooo I got that in a ton of places.

I also had about 9 WE when my troops finished walking out of France, so revolts popped up all over the place.

I actually had 20k troops wiped by rebels in 2 seperate fights lol, damn Delhi -6 terrain modifier with 16k rebel stacks. It took a while for more armies to walk there and the rebels took over the province before I killed them. :)

I fought in several wars where I just killed people and took money but not land, low level warfare to keep attrition and BB declining.

I vassalized Jalayarids as per mission, reducing BB by 2 more points.

I saw Pom place several colonies over the last few years, so once they had a chain of 6 or so, I declared war and stole about 10 total from them and their allies.

I killed lots of peoples and ships, and that war was still ongoing when the century turned.

World map looked like this:

EU3_MAP_TUR_17001116_1.jpg

Sorry I didn't post screenshots this time like normal, but it was pretty boring tbh and I had a really long day today so searching through tons of screens to pick a few out to demonstrate the Zzzzness of these 5 years seems silly.

Funny to see the French be the most succesful european colonizing power, wonder how long that will last.
And that WE must really hurt, really fast!

Who is that brown blob in China and Indonesia. And is that the remnants of Portugal in Australia?