• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
That map is totally not helpful, now I have loads of questions!

Isn't kopenhagen the place that should have "DRUGS" written all over it, or are the streets no longer filled with needles (not to mention Christiania)?

Nah, they actually do more drugs outside Copenhagen. And who can blame them? There is nothing to do outside Copenhagen. But still, the drug traffic is big in Copenhagen, which is what is implied by 'GANG WAR', because they are fighting for territory over where to sell drugs.

Why are there lots of people called Brian?

I don't know, but a lot of guys from Fyn are named Brian.

What part of Greenland is at war with Canada?

Hans Island lies between Greenland and Canada, in a disputed zone where the border between Denmark and Canada isn't clear.

Are nice cars cheaper in Sweden?

While cars may seem expensive to a Swede, they are still considered cheap compared to buying a car in Denmark. Our registration fee is 180% of the car's value. That fee can be lowered by meeting some emission standards and/or buying it for work purposes (effectively saying you won't use your back seats for passengers), being an ambassador or for working in closed areas (such as an airport). The colours of Danish number plates indicate the price difference.

Then there are the annual fees and insurance. These are also quite expensive.

Generally speaking, it is not uncommon for wealthy (but not wealthy enough) people to move to Skåne to get a nicer car because the fees are significantly lower, and then still work in Copenhagen. Although, Swedish number plates are terribly ugly, so why bother in the first place? The nice car's looks is just going to be ruined by the Swedish number plate.

Do you have troubles with Malmö gangs coming over to Copenhagen to wreck havoc?

Even in Malmö, people cannot decide whether they are mostly Danish or Swedish. Besides, the gangs mentioned are Danish gangs fighting over territory, not Swedish intervention.

What does a Danish hipster look like, and do they smell like stale coffee and an absence of dental hygiene like in Sweden? Also are they as "PC"?

Well, I thought hipster was someone who used old stuff sort of ironically, but apparently in Danish terms it just means has a moustache. I guess women cannot be hipsters in Denmark.

And I guess political correctness never really caught on in Denmark.

Do Danes living close to the German border speak German?

There is a lot of German minority near the border, but generally speaking Southern Jutlandish sounds very different from Standard Danish, to the point where often I can't even understand what they are saying. And they all shop in Germany anyway (because it's so much cheaper).

What part is it that smells like cow? I see a lot of fish, where are my milk bringing friends hanging out?

Basically anywhere outside Copenhagen, I guess. But most cows are in Northern Jutland, around the area where it says fishermen.

What's that herring place? I had no idea there existed a Danish island there, is that map really for reals?

Bornholm is a silly place. We keep trying to lose it to Swedes in wars, but each time they rebel against their Swedish masters and rejoin Denmark. We desperately tried to get rid of them to the Soviet Union in 1945, whom stayed there until 1946, but unfortunately, the West decided that a Soviet base just south of Skåne would be too beneficial for their control of the Baltic, and thus we were forced Bornholm back.

Danfoss is located on Als, which is basically what everyone knows about Als. Danfoss makes half the world's thermostats on radiators. There is a decent chance that the thermostat on your radiator is Danfoss.

I hope that helped.

Actually realized that discussion had no reason to be here, there are other channels to talk about such controversial subjects. Back on topic, let's get to know one another!

(Deleted that discussion to avoid going OT)

Denmark 170m highest peak, Singapore...164m. Singapore wins. Wait. Denmark 43000km2, Singapore 720km2... Okay. Denmark flatter. Regardless, more frequent floods is our future.

I always suspect city building game has the most diverse demographics in the world, possibly the most universal genre, however niche it is.

I have come across similar discussions on SC4 and CXL forums. I would wager on subjective observation, citybuilder sim today is 60% male 40% female, median age 35 yo plus minus (12-70), evenly spread across nationalities and ethicity. And just to flatter ourselves, above average intelligence and/or educated and/or less xenophobic than average.

40% female would be "controversial". I could be bias there, but methink female gamers in the sim genre are under-catered to.

What about The Sims (without appeasing gender stereotypes, that game is popular among females)?

Besides, there are more female gamers than male gamers anyway.

Why not? Gender differences amongst gamers isn't particularly controversial is it?

I was sort of surprised that 40% of city sim players are female, but then again, it does strike me as genre more women would be interested in than perhaps other genres, such as FPS's.

Your gender stereotypes are showing! They are not just playing mobile games.

The Sims is 40% male apparently. Surprising for some I guess.

And RedRalph do you mean talking about The Sims is not okay, or talking about nationality, cultural diversity, male/female preference for game genre is not okay?

EDIT: Just to be clearer, by "controversial" I mean 40% female in citysim genre could be an exageration on my part. Most people perceive this to be a extremely male genre.

I hope the girls will make themselves more visible. :)

The Sims is 40% male apparently. Surprising for some I guess.

And RedRalph do you mean talking about The Sims is not okay, or talking about nationality, cultural diversity, male/female preference for game genre is not okay?

Just to be clearer, I mean 40% female in citysim genre could be an exageration on my part. Most people perceive this to be a extremely male genre.

I have no say about what is and isn't acceptable, I'm just pointing out there are two very active threads in OT where gamers demographics are being debated at length.

Greetings all... I'm a random person from Malaysia... also got caught up in the Cities Skyline hype mainly because of the steaming pile of a game that was launched last year :laugh: