• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So i've been holding this off because i'm unsure how to describe myself and my experience with city builders.

My names Matt, i'm 20, and I have a deep affinity for city builders. I've grown up playing all sorts of games on PC in a variety of categories but city builders have been quite a common one. My earliest is with Sim City 4 when I was younger and probably my first foray into the city building genre. I've played other games as well including Pharaoh which I consider one of my favorite type of city builders as it's such a timeless game for its age. I have also played Cities XL which I got a decent amount of time in but I don't really like it as it's simply not a city builder for me. You can have big cities but it's kind of wonky and the interface isn't the best. I've also played the Tropico series with regards to the 4th and 5th game. I find those games are fun but only for a short while as you're really limited in what you can do plus you also have to deal with Kalypso and their DLC practice which is annoying. I've played quite a bit though and I dodged SimCity 2013 because of the fact that it was EA and Maxis still doesn't have a good reputation as of the past couple of years. I'm glad I did though because I was turned off the moment it required an online connection in order to continue to play the game. Not to mention the very small city sizes.

That's my experience with city builders. I love em though. I always go back to them.