• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
NapoleonComple - That was a surprise I must admit, but it does show how low the bar for success in Slovakia is - anything that isn't a complete disaster must be celebrated.

Kurt_Steiner - Have no fear, I will show you how it is worse.

loki100 - How to break this gently... I'm not sure that's the best long term plan for Slovakia. But then I'm not sure there even is a best plan, so perhaps it doesn't matter?

Nathan Madien - There is always a reason! It's just they aren't always good reasons, but they do exist.

Archam - A rare glimpse of sunshine in a constant cloud of gloom.

Baltasar - At the risk of repeating myself, does Slovakia even know about ferries?

eqqman - Very true. How else would you know to ignore it without some telling you it wasn't important and/or didn't exist?

KyrionMyrthar - Huzzah!

24th June 1944
24th June

Having decided to leave the service by service review until Tuka calmed down, Tiso and Tuka instructed the General Staff to give them a high level briefing on Slovakia's situation.

"Why are we on the roof again?" Tiso asked.

"I've no idea." Tuka replied.

The men looked out from the rooftop at the incredible vista. The Ministry of Defence in Bratislava was the tallest building in Slovakia, towering almost 10m above ground level. From that incredible height the men could see a short distance down the dirt track that lead to Vienna.

"We really need to speak to someone about developing a better alternative to muddy roads." Tiso said.

Ppx21HD.png

Progress! At least here Slovakia knows the technology they don't know, instead of not even knowing what they don't know. Pruzinsky's team was particularly pleased when they worked this one out.

General Malar's head poked out of the ladder leading to the roof, followed shortly by the rest of him.

"General why did you ask us onto the roof for this briefing?" Tiso asked.

"It was on your instruction Mr President." Malar replied in confusion. "You asked for a high level briefing and you can't get higher than up here on the roof."

Tiso was too depressed even to sigh.

Last edited:
"It was on your instruction Mr President." Malar replied in confusion. "You asked for a high level briefing and you can't get higher than up here on the roof."

Tiso was too depressed even to sigh.

This was awesome!

Not a single shot has been fired so far in this AAR and Tiso is already going mad.

Tiso may want to consider taking a plane out of the country... no planes? A cab? Horse and carriage?

Chariot?

Avindian - Glad you liked it. :)

loki100 - I hope I haven't peaked too soon....

Rae - I don't think it's giving too much away if I say 'No'.

Kurt_Steiner - Well wouldn't you?

NapoleonComple - Walking is probably his only guaranteed option if we're honest.

24th June 1944
24th June

As Tiso took a quick break for a stiff drink, it was left to Tuka to tell the general exactly what it was they actually wanted. After he had finished shouting, Tuka explained.

"We want a high level briefing as in a general overview. A simple explanation of the current situation in the war without any unnecessary details." Tuka said.

"Ah, you'll be wanting our strategic situation report then." Malar replied, handing over a single sheet of paper.

Tuka read the document. It didn't take long

"What on earth is this?" Tuka asked.

"It's a concise analysis of our military situation." Malar explained.

"There's nothing on this paper apart from one very rude word!" Tuka yelled.

"Yes, the General Staff feels that adequately sums up our military situation." Malar said.

Tuka briefly considered joining Tiso for a drink, but decided to fight on.

"We were looking for a slightly more detailed explanation than that. We were also expecting something with maps so we could see what the situation is." Tuka said, taking no chances.

"Oh you wanted to review the big picture? Why did you just say?" Malar said.

Barely resisting the urge to throttle the general, Tuka followed him into the map room of the Ministry.

"Here you go Prime Minister, the big picture." Malar said, gesturing at one of the walls.

GTMduXP.png

The Slovakian General Staff's 'Big Picture'. Best we don't mention this to Tiso, I'm not sure he'd cope.

Last edited:
I love how Slovakia is barely distinguishable on the Slovakian Hight Command's map. I think there are a few pixels of light blue above Hungary but I'm not even sure !

Obviously Tiso can't trust his generals, he should review his troops personaly at once ! (and provide us with screens of his men :p)

• 1Like
Reactions:
Obviously Tiso can't trust his generals, he should review his troops personally at once ! (and provide us with screens of his men :p)

No reason not to, since it can't possibly take long.

On the bright side, if the Slovaks have no roads, it'll take the Soviets marginally longer to conquer the place...

I admire Tuka's self-control. General Malar is a fine specimen of the Slovak army, meaning that his utter incompetence still surprises me, even after all the other displays of incompetence. Applying a throttlehold seems like a perfectly acceptable reaction.

"Sir, we appear to have discovered a formerly unknown state during our advance!"

"How is that possible comrade; you're in the middle of Europe!"

"I don't know sir, but it looks like it has been cut off from the rest of civilisation since 1800! One of the locals just asked me what a radio is!"

"We have discovered new land men! We shall be the first to bring glorious Communist civilisation to this land of... what is it called?"

"Well the locals call it "Slovakia."

"Comrade, you're an idiot."

"What does that make you sir?"

"There's nothing on this paper apart from one very rude word!" Tuka yelled.

I have the unmistakeable feeling that my Winston Churchill may have to say something about this.

Hmm, where are Slovakias glorious and invincible armies, do you get any fighting done or do the Germans hug all the glory?

A picture of the combat efficiencies (or rather their lack of it) would be fun :)