• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm going to assume this also applies to multiplayer, since thats all I play nowadays. So much more fun playing with powerhungry, backstabbing players and forging strong alliances and bitter enemies using real diplomacy thats independant of any number scale.

1. Who are you? Ottoman Empire

2. What year is it? 1620

3. Have you lost a war you tried to win? Many. I spent most of the early game struggling against my inexperience with playing the nation and with fighting Steppe Nomads, didn't westernise until about 60 years ago, and got beaten up by Russia, France, and Austria for my mistakes a few times.

4. Are you one of the richest countries? I'm about fifth richest, by a casual estimate. But I'm well behind the top three, and the top nation, Netherlands, earns about 12,000 a year if I have my numbers right.

5. Are you at war? No.

6. What is your main concern? A very aggressive Austrian player along my northern flank who has higher Land technology, a superior economy, and almost the same army.

7.Are you attacking people or being peaceful of both? I spent most of the game expanding hyper-aggressively, trying to make sure that the Western nations didn't steal my land from me. My expansion has slowed considerably but I'm still one of the most aggressive players on the board.

8. Which country are you hating? Austria, for reasons made clear above.

9. Which country are you fearing? Both France and Bohemia, who are stupidly powerful; France because of its rich land, and Bohemia because it holds the seat of Holy Roman Emperor. I especially fear Bohemia, because I recently lost land to Austria and Bohemia may interfere when I attempt to take it back.

10. Who are your allies? Though alliances seem to shift a lot in multiplayer, I've remained firmly allied with my fellow muslim nation Oman for practically the entire game. I also enjoy being friends with the Netherlands, who generally gives me very generous War Subsidies during war.

1. The Hanse

2. 1487

3. Nope, closest was a 4 year delay while I rebuilt a transport fleet, but I won in the end.

4. Always

5. Yup, with Yemen and the Ottomans at the moment

6. This games goal: hold every spice, ivory, tea, chinaware, coffee, sugar, tobacco, and cotton province in existance

7. I've done more colonizing then attacking thus far, but gotta attack to complete the goal, so I've had my fair share of wars.

8. None really.

9. I don't fear countries, countries fear me.

10. A small horde of north german vassals I picked up due to subjugation missions early on and Altmark (was an early ally and just never broke the alliance or gave me a reason to break it)

1. Who are you?

Crimea (started 1460ish)

2. What year is it?

1550s

3. Have you lost a war you tried to win?

Yes, against... Ak Koyunlu... they somehow had allies with Venice and Novgorod which spelled doom for me, but I got out with a concession after getting whooped. They've since disintegrated, and most all their bases are belong to us.

4. Are you one of the richest countries?

Top 15, which I'm quite happy with, for an Eastern country, which I've only controlled for a century or so.

5. Are you at war?

Yes, colonizing 2 GH provinces that broke free from AK.

6. What is your main concern?

Muscowy, Overextension, and Europe (so far a nice balance of power between Poland, Lithuania, and Austria has kept them off my back, but I'm worried that I could be 'outgrown' if one of those three dominates the others)

7.Are you attacking people of being peaceful of both?

I'm mostly trying to be peaceful, though I did start wars in which I annexed Georgia (3 provinces leftover from major AK defeat), and Trebizond (revolted in Kaffa, where I had a core)

8. Which country are you hating?

The hordes are beginning to upset me, their low-tax provinces aren't worth conquering and yet as I see Muscowy continue expanding east I wonder if I shouldn't have been more aggressive with them.

9. Which country are you fearing?

Muscowy! Unlike in 1399 starts, if you start a few decades later they do the historical thing, and expand against the other Russians and the Tartars. With every decade they grow stronger in manpower and regiments, while I might be gaining a long-term advantage in wealth and tech. Depending on when the war happens, it could be catastrophic.

10. Who are your allies?

The Ottoman Empire has been on/off allies, I've helped them, they've disappointed me... typical Paradox ally, yes? ;)

1. Who are you?
The glorious empire of Iberia (started out as Castille in 1399, playing Death & Taxes).

2. What year is it?
AD 1631.

Lost is a strong word. When I attacked the Ottomans, I was forced to use all my armies to defeat theirs, leaving absolutely no one guarding the rest of my empire. Austria (the third most powerful country at that time (me being in first place, Ottomans in second)) then decided that they could not let that opportunity pass and they attacked me. After I finally managed to defeat the Ottomans, Austria had occupied the whole of Italy. But I had about twice as many troops, so after some disasterous defeats for the Austrians they accepted a peace in which I offered some minor concessions (removal of 2 cores, canceling a OPM vassal and a swat of money). It was worth it though, since that war saw the Ottomans completely destroyed, allowing me to annex the whole of Turkey in three short effortless wars, so perhaps I can't really count it as a loss.

Another war with Britain early in the game was pretty horrible though. I had been moving very rapidly into Italy, making about half my owned provinces non-cores. I don't remember exactly what I did, but somehow got Britain to declare war on me and no matter what seemed to happen, they would not accept a peace. So this war went on and on and on, getting my war exhaustion to the maximum. At this point my emperor decided it was time to die and left his inept baboon of a son on the throne, giving me the overextension modifier, resulting in an average 25% revolt risk over all my provinces. Eventually I managed to buy them off with a small amount of money, but it took a long while before my economy had recovered.

I am the richest.

5. Are you at war?
Not at the moment. I'm peacing out after getting my infamy up to my limit by annexing both Ethiopia and Adal.

That those damn British become too powerful. At the moment they seem content to leave me alone, so I do the same with them, but now our lands border eachother, both in France (though only by a tiny bit) and by the two British provinces in Turkey. I fear it's only a matter of time before the war breaks out and, although I can invade France and destroy their armies without too much trouble, their navy is twice the size of mine and they have all the naval national ideas while I have none, giving them free reign on the high seas.

7.Are you attacking people of being peaceful of both?
I am a bloodthirsty warmonger. Went over my infamy limit twice, though only by a very small amount. The only time when I'm not attacking people is when I'm waiting for my infamy and war exhaustion to disappear.

None really.

Britain. They control the British isles and half of France and they never want to make any concessions in peace treaties because they feel perfectly safe on that island of theirs and I can't invade it, because I stand no chance against the Royal Navy.

10. Who are your allies?
I have three Alpine countries I forced Austria to release: Switzerland, Tirol and Styria.

Last edited:
I just got attacked by Spain in my GB game. 117 British Republican Navy vs 95 Spanish Navy off Porto. Largest naval battle I have ever seen. It did not go well for Spain. They lost Naples (Sicily included) and Egypt, without a single battle fought on land. I destroyed 99 Spanish ships and captured 7. I only had 1 ship even severely dinged up. I really do not know what thy were trying to prove. They are shut out between the St. Lawrence and Panama with forts. Maybe that annoyed them. They took a stab hit of 5 to declare war too. And now they have to spend all their money to rebuild their completely annihilated navy. I fought them the British way. Blockades and spies can be brutal.

Last edited:
1. Burgundy

2. 14-something, I think I am close to Protestant Reformation though.

3. Almost, but not because of my enemies. I was helping Bohemia in a war vs. Denmark and I had planned to take their Swedish provinces and sell them to Sweden, Bohemia was the war leader though and white peaced out. Mah monies...

4. Haven't checked in a while, but I think so.

5. Nope, just wrapped up a war with poor France.

6. Maintaining order in my empire, keeping myself in the HRE position (stupid infamy caused all of the electors to back Bohemia, emperor don't you die now!)

7.I am attacking people, starting with the Lowlands, then moving on to France and England.

8. All of the electors, infamy is no reason to vote for Bohemia!

9. Fearing? None really now that I am emperor, but for most of the game I was sure to only attack fellow HRE members with casus bellis out of fear of Austria/Bohemia attacking me.

10. Provence, Brittany, the Irish States, and all my little spherlings along the edge of my empire.

Sidenote, I am proud to say I became an empire very recently, so even if I don't become the Holy Roman Emperor when my king dies, I am still an emperor. ;)

1. Who are you? Castille - Same game as my last post in this thread.

2. What year is it? 1515

3. Have you lost a war you tried to win? No.

4. Are you one of the richest countries? I'd estimate that I'm one of the top 10 richest countries.

5. Are you at war? Yes, with various North American Natives - Portugal dragged me in.

6. What is your main concern? England has little pieces of land all around my territory, and I think they have more soldier than I do. I want to establish a colonial empire. All I have so far is Puerto Rico, Seminole, Bermuda, Madiera, and The Azores. I want to expand in Central America and up the east coast of North America.

7.Are you attacking people or being peaceful of both? I have only made aggressive moves against Algiers, Granada, Aragon, and The Mamlucks.

8. Which country are you hating? England for refusing to allow me have the clear, complete borders I want. The Mamlucks for refusing to die.

9. Which country are you fearing? France and England for being terrifying and close to me. Poland for being terrifying, though slightly farther away.

10. Who are your allies? Corfu, Trebizon, Funj, and Portugal.

1. Who are you?
France, formerly Burgundy

2. What year is it?
1514 I think

No, though I have white-peaced out of wars that were going nowhere (England lands troops, Burgundy destroys them all, but doesn't have enough of a navy to crush England in return)

The richest of them all, actually

5. Are you at war?
Not right now, but I want to go to war with Castille and crush them again. I also want to break my alliance with Aragon and take Navarra, but then my borders will start to look uglier than before.

Keeping the Spaniards and Portuguese out of my beautiful Americas

7.Are you attacking people or being peaceful or both?
ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK! Whenever I have a casus belli on someone in Europe that is worth attacking, I attack.

Castille and Portugal

None

10. Who are your allies?
Holstein, Albania, Epirus, Morea, Munster, Prussia, Kurland, Armagnac, Avignon, Dauphine, Aachen, Brandenburg, Brunswick, Hesse, Cologne, Munster in Germany, the Palatinate, Silesia, Styria, Switzerland, Tyrol, Trier, Aragon, Pisa, Parma, Siena, Urbino, Friesland, Utrecht, Karaman, Saruhan, Mentese, Ramazan, Tunisia, Ashanti and Benin

1) Who? Tachibana-seeing how the whole Japan thing works
2) 1498 or 9
3) Nah, 3 vs 1 gangbangs are hard to lose
4) #4 of the known world, but I know some Europeans are probably well ahead of me
5) Nope, am Shogun with 100% influence, gotta lose some prestige before it lowers enough for me to wreck the remaining two opponents
6) Uniting Japan, although changing colors to bleh red isn't gonna make me happy
7) do knives in backs count as attacks? more ally betraying in 100 years than probably my last 3 games combined
8) Fujiwara, stupid idiot allies guaranteed Minamoto, my target
9) Not looking forward to seeing any Europeans
10) None. Since my erstwhile allies insist on joining the wrong team in the next war I'm gonna smack them first, preferably during a minamoto regency.

1. Sweden (Need one more province and core, waiting for appropriate mission).

2. ~1680

3. Yes, gave England the Norwegian island province in a peace treaty.

4. Varies. Money must be spend! Good income though.

5. Yes, at war with several fully occupied hordes by tribal nations without colonists.

6. At the moment splitting up Bohemia and removing the hordes from the map (already removed Golden Horde, Sibir, Kazan (thrice) and Qara Koyunlu (thrice)). Confusian (!) Kazakh is almost gone and the Hindu (!) Chatagai and Bhuddist (!) Oirat horde just arrived on my door step...

The other main concern is that "Sweden" is currently written over uncored central asia colonial area...

7. Relatively peaceful, only going after cores, Russians (Pskov, Muscovy and Ryazan left as two or three province minors) and hordes. Unless attacked by the HRE, then all bets are off.

8. Hordes since they keep my cultural tradition low with their constant wars.

9. Portugal / Great Brittain alliance really, the UK has territory all over Europe, Africa and America and a huge naval fleet. Portugal controls most of Iberia (Castille has been banned to Africa save for one province under peasant control!) and a decent colonial empire.

10. In PU with Nizny-Novgorod, allied with Georgia, Siberian Novgorod and recently from Bohemia released Transylvania. Denmark, Finland, Smolensk (in normal Novgorod territory), Anhalt, Saxony, Silesia, Lithuania, Tver and Yaroslav are all one or two province vassals.

1. Who are you? Ottoman Empire

2. What year is it? 1715

3. Have you lost a war you tried to win? In an alternate time line, yes. ;) (Due to mismanaged truths timers, the Timurid horde, all of them, overran the eastern part of the empire while the main forces where engaged against the Golden Horde in the Balkans. An Hungary-led crusader coalition then attacked, making an already hopeless situation worse.) In the original timeline, I came close, but managed to turn things around eventually. Although twice, the crusaders were only stopped before the walls of Istanbul.

4. Are you one of the richest countries? Yes, by far the richest.

5. Are you at war? No

6. What is your main concern? That some crusader nation gains a foothold in India before I can dismantle Persia (in a BB friendly manner).

7.Are you attacking people or being peaceful or both? Both.

8. Which country are you hating? Spain, for giving me so much pain early on, when I had to fight very hard to keep them out of North Africa. Then Bohemia (HRE) with their Austrian allies took over, giving me a hard time after they had established a border.

9. Which country are you fearing? Until recently, Bohemia. But I managed to fight them off a few times now, even gaining some Hungarian territory from them. They even lost their hereditary rule over the HRE somehow.

10. Who are your allies? Hungary (2 provinces, catholic, freed from Lithuania), Tver, Najd, Hedjaz and Morocco (vassals, muslim), and Sokoto and Baluchistan (PUs).

1. Who are you? The Grand Republic of Italy and South America.

2. What year is it? 1668

3. Have you lost a war you tried to win? It depends. ABSOLUTELY losing, no - I have miscalculated and forced to white peace out, though.

4. Are you one of the richest countries? The richest - 13k against 3k - the Ottoman Empire - which is second.

5. Are you at war? No.

6. What is your main concern? It was about securing the South American continent for Italy, up to Panama - mission accomplished.

7.Are you attacking people or being peaceful of both? I aggressively go after cores, when they happen - but I don't attack people randomly, no.

8. Which country are you hating? I'm at peace with the world. I've hated Austria's and France's guts, but not now.

9. Which country are you fearing? Coalitions! I'm pretty sure that France + Austria could grind me to the ground.

10. Who are your allies? Brandenburg, the Papal States (in Elsass-Lothringen) and Tyrol (in Trent) are willing allies. Avignon is a vassal.

1. Who are you? Burgandy

2. What year is it? 1480 something

3. Have you lost a war you tried to win? Yes. Attacked france while they were at war with england. england peaces out less then a month later. Pain ensues

4. Are you one of the richest countries? Nah

5. Are you at war? Currently no

6. What is your main concern? BBB (although I've gotten them to 170 somehow), annexing LOrraine and Savoy, Austria blobbing, vassals being stupid

7.Are you attacking people or being peaceful or both? Warmongering all the way

8. Which country are you hating? Austria (blobing my sphere of influence), the palpatine (HRE leader that loathed me, the vassal that kept pissing off Austria...finnally had enough, cancelled the vassalation and annexed the SOB), ENgland for not joining an alliance so we can crush the BBB

9. Which country are you fearing? BBB, Austria

10. Who are your allies? Lorraine, Savoy, formerlly Hesse and The Palpatine before they pissed me off for being silly

1. Who are you? - Burgandy

2. What year is it? - late 1400s

3. Have you lost a war you tried to win? - draw is the best way to put it, neither side achieved anything

4. Are you one of the richest countries? - More than likely in the top 5

5. Are you at war? - Not currently

6. What is your main concern? - England and Aragon messing with my sphere

7.Are you attacking people or being peaceful or both? - Both, nabbing former French vassals slowly.

8. Which country are you hating? - Bohemia, England and Aragon. Brittany just hit the list too.

9. Which country are you fearing? - Just Bohemia, I plan on dismantling the HRE so this infamy thing can go bye bye after I invade eastward

10. Who are your allies? - Scotland, the rest are all currently vassals, Alsace, Loraine, Tier, Holland, Gelre, and Normandy.

1. Who are you?
-Qara Koyunlu-
2. What year is it?
-1538-
No, but thought I was going to lose a war to Ming. My spies and revolts helped me out on that one.
Yeah I am up there at the top.
5. Are you at war?
Not at the moment.
Turning the rest of the world to the Shiite faith. Also the Ottomans are stacking up on my borders with a much higher Land Tech than me.
attacking like crazy
Ottomans and Rajput
The Ottoman Empire
10. Who are your allies?
Golden Horde, Candar, Byzantium(Shiite), Haasa, Najd, and some other vassals.

1. Who are you?
Hungary
2. What year is it?
Yes
No
5. Are you at war?
Yes, with Poland
Poland and Bohemia allying
Peaceful
Poland (They don't like me :( )
Poland (It's huge)
10. Who are your allies?
Austria, Burgundy

1. Austria

2. 1604

3. Yes, once against France, and once against an alliance of Bohemia + Sweden + Poland and Portugal

4. Number one, and I believe so

5. Just ended a quick war to conquer Switzerland before they are inherited by France

6. To form the Holy Austrian Empire.

7.Both, but war only if there is too much to be gained to compensate for the infamy.

8. Castille and France.

9. France and Castille.

10. Hungary, Transylvania which are vassals, and countless minor princes of the HRE, as well as many little kingdoms in the area near Athens and Achaea.

1. Dali (MEIOU)
2. 1360 (MEIOU again)
3. Don't be silly!
4. No.
5. Not currently, although I am eyeing some neighbours *looks at Indochina*
6. Yuan collapsing and allowing hordes into everywhere
7. Kill zem all! :D
8. Ayyuthaya. Just Ayyuthaya.
9. Yuan again.
10. Shan, Sukothai, Daxia, probably someone else who isn't my vassal.

1. Who are you?

Holy Roman Emperor Burgundy

2. What year is it?

No, but I've had to settle for a white peace once or twice.

Yes. Burgundy's lands are extremely rich.

5. Are you at war?

Usually, in defense of the Empire or in pursuit of a mission-goal. Not right at the moment.

Getting dog-piled by England and France while my army is at the other end of the Empire defending a HRE member-state.

Both. Attacking only to fulfil missions or to force an aggressor to release unlawful territory.

Formerly, France. I balkanized them in the most recent war, so I'm currently hating some German minors who keep dragging me into needless wars.

The aforementioned dog-pile by England and France. Both have cores on my land (and therefore have Conquest cassus belli on me).

10. Who are your allies?

Bohemia. The useless git. Plus the liberated French minors, Champaigne and Dauphine. Holland is a vassal.

1. Holland
2. 1440
3. Lost Bar and Bremen as a vassal to France, but since my goal was "survive somehow" ...
4. Tried my best, but yes
5. Yes, England+me vs. Mailand/Aragon/Genua/Switzerland/Wurttemberg/Baden + few others. iirc I have about 700 manpower left, but we've pretty much won anyway.
6. Since France was smashed, nothing really
7. I wish England would stop dragging me into wars...
8. Münster; annexing non-allied OPM vassals is just plain evil (and I didn't have a diplomat ^^; ) - later on I freed them from their evil Hansa overlords, only to have them excommunicate me...
9. None right now, but probably Great Britain soon enough. Austria is powerful, but busy with whatever it is they are doing...
10. Unstoppable England and useless Denmark, plus some OPM vassals