• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
1. Who are you? Holland ->Netherlands

2. What year is it? 1530

3. Have you lost a war you tried to win? No

4. Are you one of the richest countries? Of course I'm the richest

5. Are you at war? Yes, with the France I helped create, to destroy Burgundy. And United Iberian Castille to prevent them from colonising the Americas.

6. What is your main concern? My constant 14-20 colonies sinking all my money short-term. And staying the only colonial power.

7.Are you attacking people of being peaceful of both? Inside Europe, no. Netherlands must stay within the Lowlands!

8. Which country are you hating? Le big blue blob

9. Which country are you fearing? Le Blob allied with Trollemia and the Habsburgs

10. Who are your allies? Unitil 5 months ago, France. Now, my 6 German OPM vassals.

1. Who are you? The Glorious Mali empire

2. What year is it? 1440

3. Have you lost a war you tried to win? Not until now

4. Are you one of the richest countries? I'm Mali, my rulers have an history of increasing inflation by throwing gold nuggets at the paesants while in foreign countries

5. Are you at war? No

6. What is your main concern? Westernize. And them pesky europeans.

7.Are you attacking people of being peaceful of both? At the moment I'm peaceful, but I intend to integrate a couple of minor coutries in my empire.

8. Which country are you hating? Darfur because they're being dicks attacking constantly Blobhiopia and drag me in. Also Almohads because they want my gold.

9. Which country are you fearing? Europe. All of them.

10. Who are your allies? The mighty Kanem-Bornu empire. Together we are Africa.

1. Who are you? Najd!

2. What year is it? 1467

3. Have you lost a war you tried to win? Lost is a strong word. I attacked mamluks with the intention of taking 4-5 provinces, only got 1

4. Are you one of the richest countries? Yes, by far

5. Are you at war? Yes, just finished beating the Mamluks (again) and I think the timurids are trying to attack me. I'm also preparing for a TSC

6. What is your main concern? Tribal succession crisis. Also converting Africa/Asia/Europe to Sunni.

7.Are you attacking people of being peaceful of both? All infidels shall perish!

8. Which country are you hating? Najd. Stupid tribal succession crisis.

9. Which country are you fearing? See above answer :p

10. Who are your allies? My trusty Casus Belli - "Tribal Conquest"

1. Who are you? Aztec.

2. What year is it? 1530

3. Have you lost a war you tried to win?
No. But my 2nd invasion of Zapotec failed pretty hard because I did not see that they were guaranteed by Maya. I had to white-peace.

4. Are you one of the richest countries?
I doubt it. I have 2 gold provinces, lots of sugar and a CoT in Tenochtitlan but that's it.

5. Are you at war?
Yes. Atm with England and I dont know if I will survive because that damn Architectural bla bla event for free +2 innovative still did not fire! Portugal dragged me into 2 wars either. Don't know why but Europeans somehow hate peaceful animists.

6. What is your main concern?
Like Habemous_Zlatan: Westernize. And them pesky europeans.

7.Are you attacking people of being peaceful of both?
Besides the swallowing of Zapotec and some Maya territory I am pretty peaceful. Europeans are destroying my utopian society model. If I shall westernize before destruction my animist wrath will come!

8. Which country are you hating?
England and Portugal.

9. Which country are you fearing?
Again like Zlatan: Europe. All of them.

10. Who are your allies?
Mosquitos and Tequila.

1. Who are you?
Spain (Started as Castille)

2. What year is it?

No

Don't know. Probably yes.

5. Are you at war?
Currently no.

Tons of rebels, possible war against France

Except Aragon and Portugal (the first one I conquered, the second I forced a PU on) I never attacked a Christian nation.

Sweden. Managed to almost dominate Scandinavia and threatening the Brits, my allies.

France, mostly. My almost only land border, and I am more Naval than Land.

10. Who are your allies?
My PUs (Milan and Corsica. I Inherited Portugal), Great Britain and a few nations I released in Africa and S. America.

1. Who are you?
Austria (first time I have played them--started this morning).

2. What year is it?
~1420

Yes! Dogpiled by Bohemia, Naples, and Hungary on day two when I tried to take Northern Italy from Milan. I got Brescia and Cremona, but had to give up Krain and Gorz. I have since taken Verona, and at the moment am crushing Hungary for my land back (GH is my friend!).

Middle of the pack. I have enough money.

5. Are you at war?
Yep.

Bohemia, but not for very long. I'd guess France after that (they seem to be winning vs. Burgundy).

DoW Milan on about day two.

Bohemia, but I always hate them. Castille, but I always hate them.

See #6.

10. Who are your allies?
Swiss, and Salzburg after I forced a tasty vassalization.

1. Who are you? (NOV->)Russia

2. What year is it? 1715-ish

3. Have you lost a war you tried to win? Almost. I intervened when Bohemia attacked OPM Krakow, what I didn't count on was that Austria and HRE Hesse would join in (together with assorted vassals and opportunists). When a few hundred thousand enemy soldiers were amassing in eastern Bohemia I was quite nervous. Managed to WP all 'cept for Austria (war leader), which then I could force to release Siena due to lots of won battles.

4. Are you one of the richest countries? My total yearly income is about twice that of the second on the list.

5. Are you at war? Not ATM, will be soon (horde debris doesn't count).

6. What is your main concern? That Bohemia will cause too much trouble in a balkanised Baltic/east European region.

7.Are you attacking people of being peaceful of both? More to the warmongering side.

8. Which country are you hating? Hmm, Bohemia or maybe snake-Manchu (STAY OUT OF PERSIA!).

9. Which country are you fearing? No single one, but I don't want to fight a HRE+Austria+Bohemia alliance again without proper preparations.

10. Who are your allies? I think the word you're looking for is "vassals": Riga, Lithuania, Crimea, Trebizond, some whasisname country in central Asia, I think that's it.

Last edited:
1. Who are you? England.

2. What year is it? 1401.

3. Have you lost a war you tried to win? Apache Tomcat Error 1399-1821.

4. Are you one of the richest countries? Yep, number 1.

5. Are you at war? Yes, but only with one half of Europe. Currently at war with France, their numerous vassals, plus Scotland (should be my vassal in a year's time) & Naples (!) their allies in one war, & Castille in another war to PU them. I might war dec what's left of Granada, just for the Crusade bonus too, but need to clobber two pesky Castillian stacks first. I'm taking it slowly this game.

6. What is your main concern? That Aragon & Hungary may get legitimate rulers before I can PU them.

7.Are you attacking people of being peaceful of both? I am attacking lots of people.

8. Which country are you hating? I am pouring the hate on France at the moment, per usual. Come to me my beautiful cores.

9. Which country are you fearing? Borders tend to expand. At the moment I'm near Ireland, Scotland, & bits of France. As time goes by, I'll be near to lots of others.

10. Who are your allies? Portugal, Hungary, & Burgundy (thanks Burgundy by the way for keeping the French army busy whilst I go & vassalise Scotalnd, try not fo get defeated before I PU Castille please).

Nice thread btw.

Last edited:
1.Mercklenburg
3.Yes
4.Yes
5.No
6.Forming Germany
7.Mostly peaceful, waiting to become stronger.
8.Teutnic order, Maybe wrong writen... in any case (TO)
9.TO
10.Austria,Bavaria and Poland

1.Brunswick
3.No
4.No
5.No
6.Forming Germany eventhough I'm HRE. Can't pass reforms.
7.Both
8.France and Austria
9.France
10. My loyal vassal horde of OPM's. Oldenburg, Munster, Aachen, Madgeburg, Saxony, Wurzburg, and Mainz.

1. Milan

2. 1430-ish, don't feel like looking

3. Not yet

4. No

5. No

6. Austria declaring war, bringing in allies.

7. Attacking people, attempting to form Italy.

8. Austria

9. Austria

10. Hungary, Switzerland, Small italian vassals

1. Who are you? The mighty Sultanate of Sulu

2. What year is it? 1763

3. Have you lost a war you tried to win? Burgundy fought me to a draw over the provinces of South America that rightfully belong in the sultanate's sphere but are temporarily being administered by Burgundy. I had to WP out several times in early wars when my target suddenly had a large Indian ally to support them. I am not proud of this but I did have to concede defeat to Mutapa when I was attacked by Portugal and they sank my entire transport navy off the coast of Africa.

4. Are you one of the richest countries? Yes

5. Are you at war? Not at this moment

6. What is your main concern? Overexpansion

7.Are you attacking people of being peaceful of both? Initially peaceful but recently have turned to expansion as several countries refuse to acknowledge my right to rule the Americas.

8. Which country are you hating? Two province Navarre. Their 24 ships sank 88 ships of mine in a quick series of naval battles of the coast of Spain. I guess being 23 tech levels ahead has some value.

9. Which country are you fearing? Navarre. Until I squash their navy there will be no resolution of my rights to rule South America.

10. Who are your allies? Until recently...Kongo. They 'decided' to join my great enlightened nation in the last few years. Poland isn't an official ally but they seem to work with my best interests in mind even though they officially hate me.

Last edited:
1. Who are you? Great Britain

2. What year is it? 1670

3. Have you lost a war you tried to win? no

4. Are you one of the richest countries? yes

5. Are you at war? no

6. What is your main concern? keeping good relations with the Emperor (Bohemia) while i have a big chunk of provinces he wants back in the Empire.

7.Are you attacking people of being peaceful of both? I'm opportunist.

8. Which country are you hating? Burgundy for they have been succesfully very agressive all along the game, crushing France and Spain.

9. Which country are you fearing? Bohemia, which is Emperor and covers half of Asia (cored) until China (huge manpower).

10. Who are your allies? Bohemia...

1. Byzantine

2. 1475

3. Yes, against a monster golden horde. I only lost a couple of Georgian provinces so it wasn't too bad.

4. I'm getting there, 8th or so IIRC

5. Not at the moment but its the first rest in a while.

6. Getting control of the Med and then reclaiming Italy

7. Attacking people, it seems a necessity for The Byzantine Empire.

8. Castille, they are defender of Catholics so they got dragged in whenever I DoW venice, naples, sicily etc.

9. France, my first war with them just finished and they are pretty scary (in my other games they've generall been kept in check by the english and burgundians.

10. Montenegro (2PM vassal), Dulkadir (1PM vassal), Bosnia (3PM)

1. Who are you? Ottomans, previously France. This game I'm switching to different countries if I get too bored, powerful or both.

2. What year is it? 1467

3. Have you lost a war you tried to win? As the Ottomans, yes. Very bad starting position when I switched (Rebels everywhere, Golden Horde rampaging, low stab, Castille on rampage etc) so I had to cede provinces to Castille. Temporarily.

4. Are you one of the richest countries? No.

5. Are you at war? Not right now.

6. What is your main concern? Fixing the economy/stability. Build power, get allies. Retaking Greece if a good opportunity shows up.

7. Are you attacking people of being peaceful of both? Both.

8. Which country are you hating? Castille. Golden Horde.

9. Which country are you fearing? Castille and France (defender of Catholic faith)

10. Who are your allies? Serbia... :(

1. Japan

2. 1704

3. Yes, i can manage European mega-alliances now but couldn't when I wasn't westernized.

4. Yes.

5. Currently consolidating, so no.

6. Carving myself an empire while staying below infamy limit at all costs.

7. Whenever infamy is colored yellow, it's time for war.

8. Castille, Bohemia.

9. Mega-Ottomans.

10. None.

1. russian federation (i'm still muscowy)
2. 1420
3. those damn hordes ! :mad:
4. no (not yet,it's a new game after all) ;)
5. yes, with the traders from novgorod, they only spend time to trade, not train boy into man :cool:
6. the bloody hordes ! :mad:
7. war is the way of life in russia ;)
8. i hate those hordes :mad:
9. have no fear to the hordes, numbers are all they have, we'll win against them soon :cool:
10. russia stands with no ally, only vassals, althrough we still need brandenburg for now :closedeyes:

I have abadoned the Mali game for being so OP even Europeans couldn't scratch me.

1. Who are you? Sicily. Yeah, Sicily.

2. What year is it? 1420

3. Have you lost a war you tried to win? I have been very sensible and did not wage wars I wasn't certain I could win

4. Are you one of the richest countries? No, really not.

5. Are you at war? Yes, against TO. But I'm just war taxing my way out of the wars since, well, they're on the other side of the multiverse.

6. What is your main concern? The Ottomans may want to subdue the greek people under my dominion. This I can't allow.

7.Are you attacking people of being peaceful of both? Peaceful. Since I've already conquered a good portion of Greece and I am Naples' overlord, I can concentrate in trade more than conquering.

8. Which country are you hating? Actually no one, and for once I'm grateful to the Castillians for having crushed my biggest enemy (which was my biggest bro once), Aragon.

9. Which country are you fearing? Ottomans, Hungary if they decide I'm not worth their friendship.

10. Who are your allies? Hungary, Epirus (vassal) Albania (Vassal), Denmark, Savoy and, of course, Naples.

1. Who are you?
Moscow

2. What year is it?
About 1450

Yes, one with golden horde... one time i won with them, but they revieved with 80k stack, so i decided that i should pay the tribute. Better than dieing.

Yes, 6th or so i am not sure.

5. Are you at war?
Not now. But will be sooner or later with sibirian horde.

Hordes. And Novgorod-Lithuanian aliance - novgorod itself is weak but, lithuania is not so much.

Attacking people. From the very beggining

Golden Horde

Golden Horde

10. Who are your allies?
Teutons and Brandenburgians. Maybe i should also ally with bohemia... but i don't wanna see them blobing in my crimea.

1. Who are you?
Malacca -> Malaya

2. What year is it?
Mid 1500s.

I've won every war that I started (I'm pretty careful about my DoWs), but Ming and friends beat me up a bit recently in a war of their own.

Yes.

5. Are you at war?
No, I'm still recovering from being kicked around by Ming.

Ming. Also Europeans.

Mostly colonizing, but I've been taking bites out of Indochina every now and then.

Ming.

Ming.

10. Who are your allies?
Nobody. I don't like relying on AI allies if I can avoid it, since they drag me into pointless wars and more or less make wars a gamble (if I declare a war I can win alone then why should I care about my ally, and if I declare one I can't win alone then if my ally peaces out early it can be disastrous). I generally only ally countries to stop them declaring war on me (since sometimes countries insist on declaring Reconquest regardless of relations, military access, etc) or in very special circumstances (like the PU-ganks in early game japan).