• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't "Project armstrong" formerly knows as "Supersecret"? It was supposed to be a new IP?

Ughh! Speaking as someone who works in IP, I hate people calling a computer games franchise an "IP" - intellectual property can be anything from copyright in books/films/photos/software etc. to patents and trademarks. Would you call a book an "IP"? A film?

Wintery landscape does not support space game though.

The wintery landscapes are project Nero, which I personally think could well be HOI4.

"Send out war rocket Ajax to bring me his body!"

It's new [game series] riffing off the Flash Gordon idea...

Please, please Paradox, get a license from Queen for this idea . . .

Ughh! Speaking as someone who works in IP, I hate people calling a computer games franchise an "IP" - intellectual property can be anything from copyright in books/films/photos/software etc. to patents and trademarks. Would you call a book an "IP"? A film?

IP is easy to write and thuis was used. What was meant was that "supersecret" was said not to be a continuation of any current title.

The wintery landscapes are project Nero, which I personally think could well be HOI4.

No, wintery landscape (with pine trees) was for this also. link

IP is easy to write and thuis was used. What was meant was that "supersecret" was said not to be a continuation of any current title.

He's probably referring to the cliff pic.

But, if that wintry forest scene is for this, I'm calling it as a pic from the Winter War in Finland.

IP is easy to write and thuis was used.

But it doesn't mean anything like "computer games franchise" to anyone who knows anything about intellectual property.

So both of them have wintery pictures as hints? Paradox, trolly and trollier . . .

No. Like this.

w3uWR.png

Nope. This is Victoria 3. Rocket refers to the Locomotive:
Stephenson%27s_Rocket_drawing.jpg

The codename and rocket stuff is just to confuse you :)

It would just be logical to continue with V3 after Ck2 and EU4, with the option to continue your game in the Industrial Age. It was also said that there were no new expansions for V2 in the pipeline, which again hints at a re-issue of the game.
The only other viable option is HoI4, with a V2-rocket on the loading screen - but I doubt that, V3 has much more room for improvement and more pressing issues to resolve than HoI4 and would make more sense to produce now to create a continous timeline with games based on the same engine & convertability of savegames for grand campaigns.

My guess is for modern.

Rockets weren't a big thing in WW2, were they?
They're already making a cold war game.
It's one of the two main eras in civilization that's not in game yet (aside from Dark Ages).
Future ... ehh ... First of all I don't really see them doing ahistorical. Also, I don't think rockets would be a big thing in the future. In the future, space ships are all the rage. :cool:

It would just be logical to continue with V3 after Ck2 and EU4, with the option to continue your game in the Industrial Age. It was also said that there were no new expansions for V2 in the pipeline, which again hints at a re-issue of the game.
The only other viable option is HoI4, with a V2-rocket on the loading screen - but I doubt that, V3 has much more room for improvement and more pressing issues to resolve than HoI4 and would make more sense to produce now to create a continous timeline with games based on the same engine & convertability of savegames for grand campaigns.

That is a good point.

Seriously guys, a rocket in the loading screen...

This could mean anything between nothing and everything.

Like all "hints" they give us, nothing will lead to the solution.
If you were PI, would you risk your surprise announcement by giving the community anything useful?
Ships!
Cool, are there any paradox games without them? ;)
A rocket on the loading screen!
Wow, as useful as "you will need steam"...

So come on be patient and we will see the announcement of HoI 4 and Rome 2 next week. ;)

So come on be patient and we will see the announcement of HoI 4 and Rome 2 next week. ;)

And miss all the fun of the quesswork? Are you nuts?

... Off course they are ment to tell very little. But some of them do narrow down the possibilities. Like "the rocket" = no ancient era game.

All we know now is that it's either fantasy or set in or after the 20th century.

Status
Not open for further replies.