• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Map is really brilliant! At least, this little point of Europe ;)

And philosophy is fair for me: each game has it point. Vicky2 needs more 'political' provinces (looking more for culture, economy...) than HoI3, where terrain should be the main factor.

So congratulations (and CLIO people too).

Finally, how many provinces and states are you thinking about?

EDIT: emu'd

I sure like how you tackled the map problem.
CLIO is definitely a good starting point for a Vicky map. and the detail looks superb. from the looks of it, the most realistic map to date.

Reminds me the way HoI2 tackled with commanders/ministers problem, simply using the modding project that was going around in HoI1 to compile ultimate collection of those.

CLIO project is the best equivalent of that - throughly researched and adjusted couple of times with adjustments often coming from people with detailed knowledge about the areas. Mistakes in province names and positioning, compared to the usual scale of the problem in Paradox games, should be minimal and caused more by coder mistakes, then by poor research.

That is one good looking map! I really like the look of the fields.

Will fields increasingly cover provinces as they are developed?

Will provinces that receive huge amounts of immigrants have growing urban areas shown?

Will railroads and industry be as naturalistically depicted as the fields?

Nice looking map, well done!
Are there two different types of borders? A thick one and a thin one? I'm pretty sure they are not national borders. So, can I assume there are several provinces combined in a region?

Are there two different types of borders? A thick one and a thin one? I'm pretty sure they are not national borders. So, can I assume there are several provinces combined in a region?

Yeah.. state and province borders, same concept as in hoi3.

That is one good looking map! I really like the look of the fields.

Will fields increasingly cover provinces as they are developed?

Will provinces that receive huge amounts of immigrants have growing urban areas shown?

Will railroads and industry be as naturalistically depicted as the fields?

i dont think so, but one can hope

states and provinces are the two borders you can see.

Yeah.. state and province borders, same concept as in hoi3.

Thanks for the answer. Don't have HOI3 (yet), wrong period, but I'm definitely looking forward to Vicky2 :)

Does the different map than HoI3 mean that an official save game converter from Vicky 2 to HoI3 is now impossible?

No, Revolutions and HoI2 had different maps but we managed to work something out.