• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Oh cripes, CLIO? I'm so so happy you have that on board, great move! I'm definitely looking forward to seeing it in action.

BRAVO!

That is one good looking map! I really like the look of the fields.

Will fields increasingly cover provinces as they are developed?

Will provinces that receive huge amounts of immigrants have growing urban areas shown?

Will railroads and industry be as naturalistically depicted as the fields?

That would be my dream. I don't think we can expect that, but it would be insanely awesome.

Idea: graphical feature

nevermind.
+1 for the urban graphics during the coarse of the game, if urbanization occurs.

If you compare the two, it seems they are pretty close, at least for this small part of the map.
But I'm sure there are small variations

Vicky 2
CLIO
Looking a little more closely on the two maps, it seems that you have chosen different seazones than in clio. The CLIO map has a sea zone division from the top of jutland to the middle of the Gothenburg region

Here was a perfectly good map of the Victoria era, with the added benefit that the community made it so no one is going to need to complain about the province boundaries.

Ain't you mr. Optimist :rofl:

Vicky version of Clio got slightly more spelling errors compared to its HoI3 variant (nothing suprising with so many people contributing), but its still leaps and bounds ahead of the maps in earlier games.

And no, it's not map whine. It's a compliment.

I wonder if this means EU4 will annex MEIOU >_>

Must say I really like the look of the map (at least what's shown). Terrain types look easy enough to distinguish from another and the colours are pleasing to the eyes.

the map looks great.... :cool: , will there be any chance to convert eu3 to vic2, too?

We would need some sort of soap opera style story line to explain the gap. Like all of the world's rulers woke up from a coma or something like that. So probably not.

What do the numbers under the unit sprites represent? They are different than in DD 1 (there they were "999").

What do the numbers under the unit sprites represent? They are different than in DD 1 (there they were "999").

The idea is that they will represent something of the units strength, maybe in number of regiments, or in thousands..

The idea is that they will represent something of the units strength, maybe in number of regiments, or in thousands..

Vicky should probably use brigades, whereas HoI should have used regiments. But I digress.

The idea of using something made by the community is very good indeed, this will hopefully set an example for the whole gaming industry to follow and strenghten the relationship between the players and the developers. :D *Applause*

Plus...Indonesia will now have at least a decent map to begin with...

Noice!

Though, I have to ask: Does the Clio project avoid the Clausewitz engine SNAFUs? Just look at South America in HoI 3...

(It's a great game, but some borders there were badly mauled up :D)

The map is generated on the Clausewitz Engine the borders are from CLIO.

Oh cripes, CLIO? I'm so so happy you have that on board, great move! I'm definitely looking forward to seeing it in action.

BRAVO!

+1. Great move to use Clio.