• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It really is the greatest looking map Paradox has ever shelled out.

It really is the greatest looking map Paradox has ever shelled out.

I'd have to agree with this, it looks ruddy beautiful.

And regarding the number of provinces (Someone said 3247?) how does that compare to the original Vicky?

Edit: And my question is emu'd, bah! xD

I guess this map is about the same size of the Hoi3 map, but with far fewer provinces? The extra bendiness in province borders really makes it look better, more than either Eu3 or Hoi3.

It is the same size, so for those of you who want to mod in a HoI3 total of provinces into the game the opportunities are there.

Nice looking map and nice looking sprites. And I'm very happy to see that the CLIO team work has been put to a very very good use. I wonder if Xie or OHgamer ever thought when they started that their mapwork would serve for a second installement of vicky one day, :) I bet they feel quite proud...

Wow, that looks really impressive! And the fact that you are going to use volunteer work from fans as a base on which to build features in a new game, that is groundbreaking in this scale, I think. You really deserve some applause for that. :)

So will this map have the same number of provinces as Clio or will it have more?

Oh, this is my first nitpicking so bear with me :D :

about the sprites, perhaps their attitude is too mmh, I wouldn't know how to explain it... dinamic?, modern?, action-packed? :D Perhaps a more XIXesque attitude with the rifle on their shoulder as in parade or guarding Buckingham Palace gate...

It's just a suggestion for the final ones, I know that these ones are alphas, and for their looks I bet they are made over HoI3s infantry sprotes.

EDIT: Oh, in fact this is my 2nd nitpicking. My first one was with the cover, I didn't remember.

I'm always worried about the maps of new games and I'm always grumbling about them after I see them. I have nothing to grumble about thus far. Its only one screenshot, but its by far the best terrain map that I've seen from PI. Great job!

can we see a counter sometime soon? Sprites are fun but kind of like playing with dolls.

I share everyone's enthiusiasm. I like how it looks, I also am relieved there won't be 10000 provinces in it. There's one downside I have to notice though.

CLIO means we're playing a flat world again, not a real round globe, doesn't it? :-|

I share everyone's enthiusiasm. I like how it looks, I also am relieved there won't be 10000 provinces in it. There's one downside I have to notice though.

CLIO means we're playing a flat world again, not a real round globe, doesn't it? :-|

It's the same map engine as HoI3, EU:R and EU3. So yes there is not going to be a real round globe.

Really, really nice terrain textures... Clear and soft :)

The idea is that they will represent something of the units strength, maybe in number of regiments, or in thousands..

It would be nice to see this feature in EU3 one day... Really miss it from EU2, it makes empire management much easier: you know how many troops are there at a glance (at least there could be an option to turn it off/on).