[Dev Team] 3.11.3 "Eridanus" Open Beta Available on Steam

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

MrFreake_PDX

Lt. General
Community Ambassador
10 Badges
Feb 20, 2020
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
Hello Stellaris Community!

In time for the weekend (a long one, in some cases), the dev team has prepared a 3.11.3 "Eridanus" Open Beta! This beta addresses some issues that have been left over from the 3.11 release.

The 3.11.3 "Eridanus" Open Beta is an optional beta patch. You have to manually opt-in to access it.
Go to your Steam Library, right click on Stellaris -> Properties -> Betas Tab -> select "3.11.3_open_beta" from the drop-down.

Improvement
  • The Plasmic trait can now be removed from species if you want to clean up your species tab.
Bugfixes
  • Fixed global ship designs country type restriction so awakened empires are not allowed to use ai transports
  • Fixed refugees happening every day instead of every 90-180 days
  • Fixed secondary species in random empires not having a habitability trait.
  • Fixed the Abandoned Gateway event not taking into account ruined gateways from the Galatic Doorstep and Imperial Fiefdom origins
  • Fixed the accidental nerf to Civilian difficulty
  • Fixed the Luminary Bloodline not being inherited
  • Fixing council positions not being kept for GC:s after adding civics.
  • Made removal of expired leader from leader pool only happen on refresh
  • S875.1 Warform no longer disappears from leading their ship
  • The Grave Guardians will no longer trap you in an infinite first contact loop.
  • The Kaleidoscope no longer double dips in your income from trade
  • The Parvus event chain will no longer end too early removing all in progresses special projects.
  • Updated some text on the Galactic Community UI that was still referring to envoys instead of Delegates
  • Various anomalies and dig site events no longer try and give leaders the Hyper Focus trait if they already have it, instead they level the trait up.

The 3.11.3 full release will come at a later date, but we wanted to get these fixes into our players' hands as soon as possible. If you experience bugs or any other issues with the 3.11.3 open beta, please make a bug report!

Thanks for playing Stellaris and have a great weekend!

Please note save compatibility is not guaranteed between versions. Should you experience bugs or other issues, please first create a new, unmodded save and see if the issues persist. If the issues persist on a new unmodded save, please make a bug report!

Edit: a previous version of this post contained the line: "Added a familiar Friend after you explore Astral Rifts." This was mistakenly added to these patch notes, and is not included in the 3.11.3 "Eridanus" Open Beta.

Last edited:
  • 29Like
  • 5Love
Reactions:
Improvement
  • The Plasmic trait can now be removed from species if you want to clean up your species tab.
I have I believe a better improvement. Change the Plasmic Relic to instead allow the trait to be applied to one Species of the players choice, and any template under that species. Since many players will have multiple species in their empire it would be still be used multiple times and wouldn't make an even bigger mess of your species list.

• 4Like
Reactions:
I have found a very minor but anoying bug:
When using the randomise naming shipset in ship builder UI,
sometimes it will tell me I can't save a specific randomized name because it is already taken, even though it isn't by any of my shipset.

I have reported it here officialy with more details

Last edited:
Blorg?

• 2Like
Reactions:
I've reported this as a bug/suggestion like 4 times across here and Reddit in highly visible places, it really really needs implementing. It's my favorite playstyle and it's absolutely crippled by this one annoying recurring problem.

Oppressive Autocracy + Void Dweller starts the game with 50 crime on day 1 and a completely unused Commercial Zone building. There is not enough time to buy minerals and build a Precinct House before crime events start, locking you absurdly oftenly into a -20% resources output for 10 years on your homehabitat from the outset of the game. This makes it completely unviable for multiplayer. Please replace Oppressive Autocracy/Void Dweller's Commercial Zone (which again is unused at game start, nobody works the jobs unless you're Thrifty) with a Precinct House.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I've reported this as a bug/suggestion like 4 times across here and Reddit in highly visible places, it really really needs implementing. It's my favorite playstyle and it's absolutely crippled by this one annoying recurring problem.

Oppressive Autocracy + Void Dweller starts the game with 50 crime on day 1 and a completely unused Commercial Zone building. There is not enough time to buy minerals and build a Precinct House before crime events start, locking you absurdly oftenly into a -20% resources output for 10 years on your homehabitat from the outset of the game. This makes it completely unviable for multiplayer. Please replace Oppressive Autocracy/Void Dweller's Commercial Zone (which again is unused at game start, nobody works the jobs unless you're Thrifty) with a Precinct House.
Bugs should be reported here. Reporting things in random threads, especially on Reddit is not the correct way to submit bug reports. :)

• 1Like
Reactions:
can be just added to bug list from this post by dev team ?
The devs who add bugs to the bug list are in the Bug Report forum. That is the point.

Reactions:
a thot MrFreake_PDX can pass message for them
This is how reports get lost. If it gets reported on the bug report forums, it then gets logged in our internal bug tracker per the usual process. Bypassing processes is what causes reports to get lost. :)

• 1Like
Reactions:
This is how reports get lost. If it gets reported on the bug report forums, it then gets logged in our internal bug tracker per the usual process. Bypassing processes is what causes reports to get lost. :)

Reactions:
  • 4Like
Reactions:
Thanks.

I actually already made this report a couple months ago but it got overlooked, thus why I started posting it elsewhere.. I was kind of expecting it to get snuck into the bug crunch patch as it's a pretty easy fix.

• 3Like
Reactions: