Is external leader pool cannibalising "regular" one intended?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

TranscendentalDragon

Hic Sunt Dracones, they/she
14 Badges
Mar 31, 2021
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Federations
If so, it's asinine. If it isn't, it needs to be fixed ASAP. I no longer build Interstellar Recruitment Office even though I like Xeno-Linguistics paragons, and it's hard enough to get governors governing home planets without my leader pool being 100% foreigners...

• 1Like
Reactions:
If so, it's asinine. If it isn't, it needs to be fixed ASAP. I no longer build Interstellar Recruitment Office even though I like Xeno-Linguistics paragons, and it's hard enough to get governors governing home planets without my leader pool being 100% foreigners...
Yeah my last playthrough i was only able to hire one admiral at a time from my own species every 4 years or whatever the cooldown is, but i had the pick of the litter for foreigners at least like 4-5 of them. quite goofy since i was a fanatic xenophobe and for rp purposes I'm not about to hand any xeno a leadership position. this was the case for other leaders too, though not quite as bad, at least the other categories had 2 leaders in them to choose from.

It definitely feels like what you said. the external leader pool eating away at the internal one.

Reactions:
It is very frustrating, and I don't believe we've been given an answer so far as to whether it is intended behaviour that as time goes by the internal pool is not fully repopulated every 5 years or not.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Im not seeing this exact problem oddly enough. I still have 3 leaders of each class in my internal pool, with 1 subject. But the numbers are not matching up. Im a democracy that has +1 leader pool and i also took aptitude which is another +1...and i think you get another +1 leader pool from techs maybe? Either way, i should have at least 5 leaders of each class in my internal pool.

For what it is worth, the workaround I've been using since first experiencing and reporting it in the first tech beta (though it might be an older issue as I had minimal time to play 3.10) is to create a 1 planet scholarium and occasionally a 1 planet prospectorium early containing only my species and with no independent diplomacy (to avoid migration) to help populate the external leader pool with leaders of my species, who get higher levels and special traits to boot.

It is not a perfect solution, since the external pool will be polluted with candidates from federation members or migrant treaties (or wherever it is external leaders come from), but it does mean that I frequently have access to original species leaders even when the internal pool isn't populated on refresh - and that I have an effectively greatly expanded "internal" pool on the 2215 and 2220 pool refreshes most of the time.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Definitely not intended.

Looks like they're getting generated and then culled the next day.
Oh, thank goodness it's a bug and not intended. Look forward to that being fixed.

Definitely not intended.

Looks like they're getting generated and then culled the next day.

I'm so glad this wasn't intended.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I 'fixed' this by automatically pausing the game when the leader pool refreshes.

It's an option somewhere in the menu that handle the toast & regular notifications.

As soon as I unpause the pool get's wiped.

I'll keep it this way untill they fix it.

Reactions: