Dev Diary #14 – United Kingdom Beta AAR –December 11, 2009

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So I noticed that India is a seperate nation, is it playable as a satellite?

Edit: The IC days for a level 4 battleship is now 4080. That is quite a drop off from the 7300 in Armageddon. Aircraftcarrier costs have not changed.

I hope you meant "408" and "730" - 20 years to build a BB seems a bit too much to me :p ;) . Or is it maybe IC multiplied per days of production...? Then it would fit.

Has there been any changes to the land doctrines? I assume that there hasn't been, since there are no screenshots of them. Or maybe you are just trying to build suspense?

I have been told to roleplay as much as possible. That is what the United Kingdom built historically.

Edit: The IC days for a level 4 battleship is now 4080. That is quite a drop off from the 7300 in Armageddon. Aircraftcarrier costs have not changed.

Whoa! Does a BB cost the same IC/day and less days, or does it still take the same length of time and cost less IC? Or is it both...?

Hmm. For BB-IV (from HoI2 Wiki) it's 730 days for 10 IC, so now it's about 550 days for 8~ IC?

How much did Ship Assembly Line take off the build time? It was something massive, like 200 days or something...

It seems that France is spamming militia.
Can't wait to see the results of Fall Gelb.
Will you send a BEF?

In Arsenal of Democracy radars are actually useful. Not only do the give combat bonus, but they actually direct you fighters on air superiority missions to enemy aircraft. No longer will your fighters be wandering aimlessly while the enemy is bombing you.

Fantastic. :cool:

in arsenal of democracy radars are actually useful. Not only do the give combat bonus, but they actually direct you fighters on air superiority missions to enemy aircraft. No longer will your fighters be wandering aimlessly while the enemy is bombing you.

fantastic. :cool:

+1

Do radar installations help to find enemy ships as well? I think this would make sense.

Specifically, could they detect CVs and direct planes accordingly? That would make December 7 a much happier day for the US. :D