• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
this is brilliant! I am so excited about the forced "no white peace thing" as I can get. Can you even imagine the potential of that?!? I am sure the PDM mod will exploit it to its fullest extend. I can't wait for the fussion of the old GW mod and this!

So, let me get this right: you're actually complaining on a FREE patch that ADDS CONTENT and not just bugfixes? A patch to one of the most content/feature-heavy expansions PI has ever released?

The whole movements system is barely noticeable in vanilla. And foreign investment doesn´t make a huge difference either.

BTW, any chances we´ll se changes or improvements there? Maybe make plurality more important?

Don't give them any ideas. I would never buy a game that I would have to pay to update it.

For bug fixes? No, I wouldn't either. For new content and features? Absolutely. I'd happily support them with my $5.

The factory build interface also has a new neat information tooltip which show you an estimation on output value vs input costs to give you an idea if this type of factory is worth buying:
2GTBQ.png

The output value turns red if the margin for profit is very small (5%) as you will probably want to actually be able to pay your workers salaries.

Can we get that info for capitalists' projects too?

Wow, these are great additions. I especially like the Great War mechanic! I was wondering what happened to patch 2.2 but this definitely made up for the delay! :)

The problem, unfortunately, is that rebels can't be victorious while a war is ongoing. So nationalist rebels could overtake their cores, and not only would they have to wait for the war to end before they could declare victory, but the invading nations might have to fight them in order to achieve victory.

But I suppose there's only so much one can do about that.

We can pray that they make rebels more complex, like Commies fighting Fascists and the ability to support nationalists in a country you're at war with. For the next patch maybe Paradox? Pretty Please?

Very good to see Great Wars added though, the gold frame is a nice touch.

Is this for Vanilla or is it AHD only?

Also, is the update going out to mac users too?
Pwease :sad:

Has no-one told paradox that these days they should be charging £5 for every new feature added after release? Lovely free patch!

Judging from this and what seems to be going on with CK2, I'd say it looks like PI is going to make the sensible business decision that the consumer goodwill and loyalty from adding content for free is worth the effort. In principle though, I agree that while bugfixes should never never never ever cost money, some content updates could.

And btw, I too dream of a more expanded rebel system with different rebels fighting each others, rebels forming provisional governments in occupied areas allowing limited production and diplomacy, and maybe a porting over of the civil war system from EU: Rome. Might be the stuff for an expansion rather than patch though.

I'm assuming it'd be a bad idea to have both this patch and the GW mod installed at the same time. Looks like I'm going to have to only extract the files required for everything but the changes for the GW system with this patch since I like the mod far better.

Can we get that info for capitalists' projects too?

I second this. While I don't mind leaving my capitalists to run a muck, but it would be nice early on to make sure they're building things that are beneficial.

its a specific wargoal called great war capitulation, but works much like cut down to size. I dont know the details about how the great wars mod work, but any disassembly of a country I think is already handled by the existing mechanics, eg the attackers can demand release of countries (AI in 2.3 is more interested in this) and during terrible wars nationalist rebels are not unlikely to pop up.

there are a ton of countries, imaginary and otherwise that could be added. We decided to add 3, but ended up with 5. Doing a united states of south america did come up, as well as a greater scandinavia, but truth is you could go on forever :) I hope some mod adds them though
You know, I always fancied a decision that would Mexico to join the USCA or maybe Tanu Tuva:cool:.

Anyway, these are cool add ons, thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.