• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Just updated to 1.05c via steam and now, whenever I mouse over my character's portrait, I get an immediate CTD. Guys come on. I love ya but this is a game where you spend dozens of hours on a single dynasty. Please figure out how to patch and make it save game compatible.

register your game, and post in the tech support

Just updated to 1.05c via steam and now, whenever I mouse over my character's portrait, I get an immediate CTD. Guys come on. I love ya but this is a game where you spend dozens of hours on a single dynasty. Please figure out how to patch and make it save game compatible.

that is completely unreasonable and would stand in the way of serious progress of the game.

no.

that is completely unreasonable and would stand in the way of serious progress of the game.

no.

Maybe in a fighting game where save files don't mean much, but when you spend dozens(i.e.multiple) of hours on one dynasty, patches better be save game compatible. Either that, or make a way to "clean" the save game file or port over the essential stuff to a new save game file. We pay money for the game to work.

I'm not mad at Paradox, but if my contacts list all of a sudden became unreadable because of a firmware update on my cell phone, should I just create a new one. No of course not. Same thing. And BTW, I have posted this in the Tech Forums now.

Maybe in a fighting game where save files don't mean much, but when you spend dozens(i.e.multiple) of hours on one dynasty, patches better be save game compatible. Either that, or make a way to "clean" the save game file or port over the essential stuff to a new save game file. We pay money for the game to work.

I'm not mad at Paradox, but if my contacts list all of a sudden became unreadable because of a firmware update on my cell phone, should I just create a new one. No of course not. Same thing. And BTW, I have posted this in the Tech Forums now.

The only thing you're in control of is your own behavior: Make a backup of the game directory before the next major patch, and finish your game from that. And then go back to the newly-patched version. Paradox has shown a great deal of initiative by issuing two hotfixes in as many days. Not many companies do that. Stop complaining, and be more grateful.

Games =/ Contact Lists on Phones.

Thank you Paradox for these quick hotfixes!

So ya, they made a great game then they broke it...

...and subsequently fixed it again. I think people's frustrations are coming from Steam and Paradox are getting hammered for it.

The Paradox team are human, not an all-seeing production line of robots. Humans make mistakes. All we can ask is that game-breaking bugs are repaired (which they were and in a very fast turn-around). I think some members of the forum need to get some perspective. Paradox Interactive is a business and probably don't have the time or resources to sit around playing CKII campaigns to check if a random bug has occured. The bugs were spotted by forum members and repaired.

I don't mean to have a pop at anyone of the forum and I honestly think that everyone here is intelligent and friendly. It's just that sometimes there seems to be a real lack of respect and appreciation for the work that Paradox puts into it's games and community. The game has been available for around 2 months and has had roughly 5 patches to make the game a better experience for us for free. Gratis. Nada. Maybe we should show a little more respect next time and drop the "I want it fixed NOW!" attitude.

Again, sorry to bring this up. Just thought it should be said.

I just want to say that Paradox has done a great job with CK2. I haven't been very pleased with their last few releases but CKII is an awesome game and I love the support that its getting.

I just want to say that Paradox has done a great job with CK2. I haven't been very pleased with their last few releases but CKII is an awesome game and I love the support that its getting.

Mee three. Best release and still the best game of all of them. I never played another game as much except maybe Civilization II and Medieval Total War. ;)

Fully agree. Not only where the initial 1.05 patch full of nice changes, but to also see hotfixes being released quicker then most 'big companies' would manage is awesome. My favourite 'minor' change is the + relation between fathers and their children since it´s doesn´t make sense that a parent detest their child just because of some minor differences of traits.

The new rebellion mechanic is fantastic. I started a game as the count of Gelre, and got stumped when the HRE hit medium crown authority. But once the next Kaiser took over, rebellions broke out and he couldn't stomp them fast enough before a couple managed to break free. Now we are back to Autonomous Vassals, so I can finally start working on all those claims that I fabricated in the boring years.

It only takes a few years of waiting patiently while war score increases to break free, and I find the Kaiser goes after the big fish first so there's a good chance that at least 1 or 2 small fish can break free.

I have a question about joining wars but wasn't sure where to put it.
I'm the Byzantine emperor and my nephew (of my dynasty) is the king of Georgia, and is currently being invaded by the Mongols. I can't seem to join their war, but this seems like something I should be able to join. Is it a bug or is this meant to be?

I'm playing with 1.05 and am finding the 'new amass wealth once trait' a real downer. is there any other way to permanently increase stewardship during lifetime?
marrying can help with a few points but i'm finding it crap to have to give away all my captured territories. Its a real game spoiler for me it was one of the winning attributes of the game to see how much you could increase your demense in a single lifetime.BOOO!

I'm playing with 1.05 and am finding the 'new amass wealth once trait' a real downer. is there any other way to permanently increase stewardship during lifetime?
marrying can help with a few points but i'm finding it crap to have to give away all my captured territories. Its a real game spoiler for me it was one of the winning attributes of the game to see how much you could increase your demense in a single lifetime.BOOO!

It was a massive exploit, and not how the game was meant to be played.

Now that one has been closed off find a new way to get round the problem :)