• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It was a massive exploit, and not how the game was meant to be played.

Now that one has been closed off find a new way to get round the problem :)

Agreed. This game is not about conquering the world but about making your family gain in prestige and power. I actually like that you now have to think more like a ruler in those days and delegate power instead of just simply amass it under your own boot. Those who want 'mindless conquering' have EU III to play.

Last edited:
I've got a little issue. It seems like when i resign a game and get the dynasty score screen, the pictures of the individual Rulers that usually appears in the right of the screen are now missing.

Even so it makes the game much more easy, I think children shouldn't automatically gain the same education as the guardian. It should be from the same kind of education, but in my opinion a children should be able to become an misguided warrior if the guardian was a brilliant strategist (and the other way around). The game is full of random effects (just like real life), so this mechanism seems almost like cheating. Sure, I want my rules to be midas touched all the time, but this feels too easy.

Even so it makes the game much more easy, I think children shouldn't automatically gain the same education as the guardian. It should be from the same kind of education, but in my opinion a children should be able to become an misguided warrior if the guardian was a brilliant strategist (and the other way around). The game is full of random effects (just like real life), so this mechanism seems almost like cheating. Sure, I want my rules to be midas touched all the time, but this feels too easy.

they can, they dont always become exactly the same as the guardian, it depends on the guardians teaching skill.

Curious, has anyone else experienced the 1.05c hotfix not showing up for download at GG? 1.05 as well as 1.05b are there, but the recent 1.05c does not appear.

Curious, has anyone else experienced the 1.05c hotfix not showing up for download at GG? 1.05 as well as 1.05b are there, but the recent 1.05c does not appear.

Yes, but the 1.05c from the game launcher should work fine ... I hope :)

Is there a way for me to go back to an earlier patch (1.05b)?
I was playing a game with the CK2+ mod and after this patch the save file just shows and empty map, no characters, nothing.
And I did update to the newer mod version as well to see if that would fix it, didn't work.

Well Steam automatically updates everything. Whilst you can specify it not to download future patches for a game you already have installed, once you're up-to-date there's no way of going back to an older version of that game. Also, once you uninstall and re-install a game it will always add all patches on top of the base game.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure that's how Steam works.

Well Steam automatically updates everything. Whilst you can specify it not to download future patches for a game you already have installed, once you're up-to-date there's no way of going back to an older version of that game. Also, once you uninstall and re-install a game it will always add all patches on top of the base game.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure that's how Steam works.
That's exactly correct. The upside is that everyone is on the same and latest patch level (which saves a bunch of support issues), the downside is a bad or incompatible patch causes problems like this. IMO Steam should have a half-way point between "apply every patch immediately" and "apply no patch and don't even tell me there is one", where it reminds you every time you play there is a patch, and you have to explicitly say "no" to stop it applying it, until you are ready to upgrade.

Yes, they should really add a "Notify and confirm before update" function, along with a better offline mode that doesn't need any preparations besides installing the game.

I use it nevertheless, but never for any Paradox titles besides mainly online ones (Magicka and Mount and Blade). For me, Paradox games = GamersGate buy ;)
Especially because of betapatches and the ability to rollback a game to the version i want!

I've got a little issue. It seems like when i resign a game and get the dynasty score screen, the pictures of the individual Rulers that usually appears in the right of the screen are now missing.

I've also had this issue since the first release. I thought it was the fact that I was playing an older version, but it still happens in 1.05c. The resign screen simply says "After playing 0 characters you have..." and no rulers scroll on the right side of the screen.

I can't update to 1.05c

I have the GamersGate version, and when I click on "look for update", all it does is to show a link that doesn't do anything. Instead it says I have security issues.

The patch is not available on the GG page, anywhere, and there's no way to download it from this forum.

Edit: I draged the link into my browser, which made the downlaod start in my browser.

Conclusion: You fuckups, don't use IE in your apps, damnit!