Crusader Kings II - 1.103 PATCH RELEASED - Checksum WQLL - NOT for problem reports!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Is there any traction to resolve the Mac freezing issues that require a full power off? This game was working well with 1.07, 1.08 introduced these hangs, and 1.10 fixed them, now they are back as of 1.102 (and 03). Can this be addressed soon? I love the game, am very pleased with Paradox's involvement with the community, but it's quite frustrating to have these problems.

There is anecdotal evidence that it's fixed. We'll soon find out, though.

What happens in the mods is hardly relevant to whether vanilla mechanics are right or not.

You beat me to it. :)

@ Prince Michael: regarding de jure drifting out, IMHO Bohemia (at least starts after 895/1003 ) is not the best example for this, IMHO a more a historical one regarding the added potential empires might have been better. Also though it is no secret that I'm not the biggest fan of de jure drift, but a seemingly uneven system doesn't seem totally right to me. However if I read the change log correctly, that only applies to uncreated kingdoms or kingdoms without a king (the latter would need to be recreated in game), kingdoms with a king can drift out an empire.

I am not sure but "Independent kingdoms can no longer drift out of their de jure empires" sounds very much of created kingdoms with a king. Uncreated kingdoms drifting out of empires would be totally non-sensical (and, this has always been like this - what they have changed now that out-drifting is totally removed).

It fixed bigger problems, like England and France drifting out of their empires, and was probably related to the problem under it (that formed kingdoms didn't drift).

The problem you described was fixed already - in some previous patch they made it impossible to kingdoms to drift out of unformed/uncreated empires. Which meant that only if independent England existed and controlled all of her de jure territory for 100 years WITH Britannia existing same time, the out-drift could happen (hardly possible scenario). If the empire in question was not created, kingdoms could not out-drift.

So, what I mean is that the reason you described cannot have been the reason for the newest change. Maybe they just decided the ERE should have eternal CB for Sicily, Croatia, Georgia etc., regardless of their potential independence from 867 to 1453.

I am not sure but "Independent kingdoms can no longer drift out of their de jure empires" sounds very much of created kingdoms with a king. Uncreated kingdoms drifting out of empires would be totally non-sensical (and, this has always been like this - what they have changed now that out-drifting is totally removed).
Kingdoms only drift out of empries if the empire exists and they're not a part of it, OR they are a part of another empire. Before now only one of those conditions was possible, so this is a welcome improvement for me at least.

What happens in the mods is hardly relevant to whether vanilla mechanics are right or not.

Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa;), I must have misread this. Then it appears Paradox wants to keep neat empires; still one might wonder whether this means that kingdoms need to stay in their initial empire or that they can only drift in another empire, but they can't drift out an empire. OTOH I've never been the biggest fan of the current de jure drift system, especially the short 100 year period. Though the option to disable allow de jure assimilation everywhere in the defines was a IMHO huge improvement, since it limits de jure drift to de jure duchies bordering that de jure kingdom (or the duchy containing the assimilating kingdom).

Last edited:
I' pretty sure it means drifting out of an empire.
In my observe game the kingdom of sicily drifted out of the ERE, leaving behind a dejure non-empire area. Like it. No, love it actually,....if only it hadn't been Pisa.

edit: oh wait, the Kingdom of Sicily title might have been destroyed and the territory became dejure Pisa and thus drifted out of the ERE, as Pisa isnt dejure ERE.
Hmm....should have kept a save. Damn.

Last edited:
I' pretty sure it means drifting out of an empire.
In my observe game the kingdom of sicily drifted out of the ERE, leaving behind a dejure non-empire area. Like it. No, love it actually,....if only it hadn't been Pisa.

1.103? If that's true, it contradicts the info given in the patchnotes. I don't know anymore what is true and not... :(

But if that's true, it's great! And I don't know what exactly has been changed (since in some earlier patch where they already changed the drift to what it was intended to do).

1.103? If that's true, it contradicts the info given in the patchnotes. I don't know anymore what is true and not... :(

But if that's true, it's great! And I don't know what exactly has been changed (since in some earlier patch where they already changed the drift to what it was intended to do).

Well i suppose it's just like TheDarkMaster writes above in post#65
Kingdoms only drift out of empries if the empire exists and they're not a part of it, OR they are a part of another empire

My mind is drifting..... :confused:;)

Do i really understand Doomdarkish ? Nah, not at all. See my edit in above post.

Last edited:
Your Sicily out of the ERE was because of the Pisa drift. But what exactly has been changed, I don't understand. As I see it, the way TheDarkMaster suggests, has been in the game already a few patches ago. But the 1.103 patch notes are pretty clear to me.

Hopefully a dev will confirm it either way and put an end to the speculation and confusion.

I take it you refer to scripted bastards creating new dynasties? There won't be a hotfix for that, but perhaps something in the future.

Now all that's left to wonder it's if it will be a DLC or a patch feature. A Catholic/Theocracies DLC and cadet branches as a free feature on the patch would be like touching heaven.

Bwahaha. Did nobody noticed? There is "for modders only" enatic succession in game files. I hadnt got the chance to test it yet, but still. You would think people would go crazy by now? :laugh:

Bwahaha. Did nobody noticed? There is "for modders only" enatic succession in game files. I hadnt got the chance to test it yet, but still. You would think people would go crazy by now? :laugh:
That was in the last patch, people did give quite a lot of praise for it being added in the last thread.

That is a very funny joke.
Thanks for the patch but please keep the patch going to fix the bugs paradox.

I know. I am a funny guy. Unlike you ...

Anyone else noticing the Magyars/Hungary being WAY overpowered since this patch, or is my game some strange fluke?

They ate all of the Byzantine Empire except for some territory in Georgia, Sicily and Croatia in just about 50 years.

203770_screenshots_2013-07-05_00002.jpg

Anyone else noticing the Magyars/Hungary being WAY overpowered since this patch, or is my game some strange fluke?

They ate all of the Byzantine Empire except for some territory in Georgia, Sicily and Croatia in just about 50 years.

When Hungary invaded and got Cumania, I just killed the King and all was nicely divived beween his two sons. Then, the one son that got Cumania, faced an independent faction which, naturally, lost as he didn't have any of that extra troops. His brother was really late to stop the bloodshed.

I have the steam version 1.102 and want to play my game further. I somewhere have read, that patching the game does not allow me to load my old save games?
What Do I have to do to continue my game? Or can I let Steam patch my game without troubles?

I have the steam version 1.102 and want to play my game further. I somewhere have read, that patching the game does not allow me to load my old save games?
What Do I have to do to continue my game? Or can I let Steam patch my game without troubles?
Update, this is a small patch, meaning save-games are compatible.

I am sorry, I did no get this information in the first post, just read the changelog.
But since I am not always watching the forums, how can I be sure that a atch does not kill my save games? Is there any option? Disabling updates in Steam does not work, it will enable itself after a restart and will then update.