Crusader Kings II - 1.103 PATCH RELEASED - Checksum WQLL - NOT for problem reports!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I am sorry, I did no get this information in the first post, just read the changelog.
But since I am not always watching the forums, how can I be sure that a atch does not kill my save games? Is there any option? Disabling updates in Steam does not work, it will enable itself after a restart and will then update.

Copy your entire CK2 folder to another folder - then launch the game from that folder (not steam, obviously).

By the by, original post says:
All v1.10x save games should be fully compatible.

867: Slightly strengthened the initial Magyar army

shouldn't they be in need of being weakened instead ? they are by far too much easy play.

I am sorry, I did no get this information in the first post, just read the changelog.
But since I am not always watching the forums, how can I be sure that a atch does not kill my save games? Is there any option? Disabling updates in Steam does not work, it will enable itself after a restart and will then update.

To truly disable updates with Steam you have two options: 1) copy your CK2 folder over to another place and launch the game from there – Steam won't touch that; or 2) disable automatic update for CK2 from Steam, then never launch CK2 through Steam, but directly from game folder (or via a shortcut) – with automatic updates disabled Steam still updates the game every time you launch it.

shouldn't they be in need of being weakened instead ? they are by far too much easy play.

They got nerfed too much in the last patch. I haven't played this one yet, but judging by people's pictures it's gone the other way again :p.

Still, I'll check it out for myself. Everything else (and maybe the Magyars) look good; thanks a lot, devs :).

I just installed 1.102 and 1.103 back to back since I did not have much time to play recently. I have the right checksum when I start the game : WQLL. Once in the game (savedgame) I notice several counties that are unavailable and unplayable, labeled as ''no character'' and coloured dark grey in the Independant Realms map filter: Amalfi, Bar, Tjust, Möre, Lepiel, Roslavl, Sharawrah ... When I resign and go back to the menu the checksum change to VQLL. I use the GG version with several DLCs but no mod. Is anyone else having the same thing happening ? Any way to fix it ? TIA

I just installed 1.102 and 1.103 back to back since I did not have much time to play recently. I have the right checksum when I start the game : WQLL. Once in the game (savedgame) I notice several counties that are unavailable and unplayable, labeled as ''no character'' and coloured dark grey in the Independant Realms map filter: Amalfi, Bar, Tjust, Möre, Lepiel, Roslavl, Sharawrah ... When I resign and go back to the menu the checksum change to VQLL. I use the GG version with several DLCs but no mod. Is anyone else having the same thing happening ? Any way to fix it ? TIA
NOT for problem reports! Please post in Tech Support.

Update, this is a small patch, meaning save-games are compatible.

Also, if you're worried about it, when you start the game directly from your desktop (not using Steam) it won't update. Just an FYI.

Will Rollo the Viking get his own lands anytime soon? I do appreciate, and I sure others do too, that he is a pagan at the start now, and is in Norway, instead of a Christian in Holland. Still, it's a bit of a pain have to either take land as his lord, or invade his lords lands to then give him land. Just a little gripe.

Will Rollo the Viking get his own lands anytime soon? I do appreciate, and I sure others do too, that he is a pagan at the start now, and is in Norway, instead of a Christian in Holland. Still, it's a bit of a pain have to either take land as his lord, or invade his lords lands to then give him land. Just a little gripe.
You are better off not doing anything for him. He has a claim, and given the adventurer system he is actually fairly likely to go and assemble an army. I have seen him try numerous times, and won a few of them.

Where would he have land?