• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Last edited:
Really cool :cool:

Just finished watching the first one. Naval system speculated on: kings have limited transports, then role of merchant republics; balance of church and state sounds cool; realms remain integral, with William I "King in England, Duke in Normandy," which I like. And a surprise at the end... All sounds great. I look forward to seeing the next one, but the loadtime is slow.

Edit: Saw the second one... lot's of good stuff about relations with vassals, plots, relations with family members including what seems to be martial alliances (your son-in-law needs help...)

Also check out this third video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFMaOdJvBvE a 31-second bit on changing the appointment of bishops to "Crown Investiture." I hope the Pope doesn't find out ;)

Last edited:
Fantastic stuff!

There's just one thing I don't like: that castles give you troops while towns give you money.

That's not the right way to see it. First, I see an important lack of royal towns, but they could as weel be the county capital owned by the king. Let's give that to imagination.

But it's important to check that towns did gave troops. Actually, they provided with MOST of the troops. Militians. Armies of half-trained (some were, some not, though) men able with spear and pike, with sense of formation and units. With its own military organisation.

But, still, I have to say, I love the concepts in the videos. I love them. Most of them show a great portrayal of High Medieval ideas and politics. Congratulations to Paradox, really. It's awesome.

PS: Plots. I love it. Anyone said Titus Andronicus?

Great stuff!

There's also an interview with Doomdark on Gametrailers.com:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/debut-overview-crusader-kings/709566

New things afaik:

- Every start date is possible in the timeframe (and the scenarios in CKI will return)

- The game ends in 1452 (did we know this already?)

- Mercenary/Pirate groups: The White company (/other condottieri) and the Victual Brothers.

- More region specific laws

The relics feature sounds pretty important and cool to me. Sounds like a reason to play the game, meat on the dynastic bones. I might be wrong, but I imagine implementing a feature of this nature would give a lot of scope for very interesting mods/expansions as the community gets to grips with these war targets (by which I mean, potentially important reasons to send you or your heirs off to war in the hope of scoring something because your rivals have had successes and you're losing legitimacy because you're looking pretty unfavoured in the eyes of God...).

Haha, I notice that they put in Absolute Cognatic.

How embarrassing for Drachenfire!