• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Showing developer posts only. Show all posts in this thread.
Overall there might be more than in CK-I, but province density in the heart of feudal Europe (the Kingdoms of France and Germans) has been reduced. That despite the fact that the CK-I map already had some serious realism issues in those areas as it was lacking not just some random duchies and counties, but actually some quite important ones. And baronies from the look of these videos won't make up for those problems in CK-II (as towns and bishoprics seem to be much too common (particularly towns and that on a 1066 map, that is before the rebirth of cities in Europe), therefore making it impossible to model missing counties as baronies)...

Anyhow, for me the expansion of the map in the Middle East and Africa is okay as some players obviously wanted to see that. But the reduction, even if slight, of provinces in Europe is very problematic to me...

I was the one who made the map with all the provinces or counties as we call them now. NONE of the old provinces have been removed.

A great part was already done in CK1.
And for the few holes, the game could always auto-generate characters (like it did in ck1 with courtiers).

It doesn't need that much of work if they found a way to convert ck1 data files in the ck2 format.

There are more than a few holes, and yes, it is a lot of work. However, we aim to get at least Kings and Dukes in. The rest can indeed be auto-generated if missing.