• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Breaker of Chains and Mother of Dragons

Thaiga

Dragonsdottir
7 Badges
Apr 24, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II
  • 500k Club
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Stellaris
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
This is a companion History Book AAR to my other AAR, The Dragonkin. This one focuses on the whole Realm in the reign of one character, as I've been playing and looking and messing around all over the place for this one and then been playing solely with one family in the other one.
Breaker of Chains and Mother of Dragons

An account on the reign of Queen Daenerys Stormborn of House Targaryen,
the First of Her Name, Queen of the Andals, the Rhoynar and the First Men,
Lady of the Seven Kingdoms and Protector of the Realm
QWKKpuukDNMORWMZIDFghw22x5YuEFhME-LWvdWvIyRA0NYKBCFWBRAiCeypdor0BcSC0TzP-qqQNNdDpZ60YPNz3QHetRndKCutiLc3MDYJ_lx9oGdG0Kvt_dr3PDIw_v33JSPv

by Archmaester Vaemond,
the White Raven of Citadel

Contents

Preface
The Marvelous Reign

The Royal Family
The Red Woman
The Silver Mare
The Twisted Priests

The Seven KingdomsEssos
The Crownlands
Houses of the Crownlands
Commanders of the City Watch of King's Landing
Queensguard
Past Lord Commanders
Queensguard in the year 360AC
The Small Council in the year 360AC
Notable Events in the Crownlands
End of House Hayford and Rise of House Hartford
End of House Rosby and Rise of House Bullhart
End of House Stokeworth and Rise of House Warfield
Tides High and Low
Why Not Celtigar?
Fealty change of Houses Darry and Roote
Disgrace of House Chyttering and Rise of House Wendwater
Rise of House Langward
The Great Cities
The Ones No Longer Free
The Storm of Crows
Krakens of Little Tyrosh
The Disputes in the Disputed Lands
Myr
New Order, Old People
The Nepotism
Lys
Free Range Stags
Lysene Spring
Saera's Sons
Say Cheese
Odd Lann Out
An Escape Goat
The Soap Beyond the Pines
The Stepstones
Liberation of the Stepstones
Houses of the Stepstones
Redistribution of the Isles
Bloodstone
Sunstone
Dark Den
Kraken's Tentacles
The Skulls
Of the Andals, the Rhoynar, and the First Men
Homecoming of the Rhoynar
The Orphan Queen
Green Blood of the Golden Fields
Empty Pockets
Dorne
Houses of Dorne
Notable Events in Dorne
Let the Star Fall
The New Trade League
Chroyane
The Cursed Sorrows
Sarhoy
Atonement of the Dragons
Morosh

The Independent Ones
The Pledge of Braavos
Omission of Lorath
Norvoshi Ultimatum
The Beardless Priest
The Stormlands
Houses of the Stormlands
Notable Events in the Stormlands
Stagsden
The Return of Massey’s Hook
The Stags Leap Forward
Death of the Usurper
Piety, Prayer, and Devotion
Password: "Swordfish"
The Lost Free City Found
The Prince and the Khal
The Slaughter of Horses
Saath
The Hills of Essaria
The Painted Mountains

Sarnor Reborn
Time to Stand Tall
City of Filth
City of Worms
City of Sickness
The Kingdom of Omber
The Reach
Houses of the Reach
Notable Events in the Reach
The Falcon and the Snake
Growing Strong
The Stem
The Gallant Branch
Still Better to be Rotten than Red
The Fall from Grace
The Scandal at the Citadel
Dawn of Valyria
Chronicles of Elyria
Arlie Azantyssy hen Sīkuda
The Land of Wolves
RAMifications
The Soldier’s Road
The Watcher
The Knife
Marbellous Tides
Thousand Mad Men
The Bane of Warmth
Keeper of the Plains
What's in a Name
The Last Song
Monsters' Hideout
Gerpar and Dȳñer
The Westerlands
Houses of the Reach
Notable Events in the Reach
The Disgraced Queen and the Kingslayer
The Old Lion
A Cat of a Different Coat
The Fall of the Mountain
Small Man with a Large Shadow
The Cubs
The Queen Once More
Three Dogs’ Night
The Harpies
Knowledge is Power?
Power is Power
Warden of the River
Going Down All the Way on the Demon Road
The Red Sister
Sons of Harpy Come Again

Lambs to the Slaughter

Blue Lips, Blue Veins, Black Hearts
Great Wetnurse
Fun for the Whole Family
The Iron Islands
Houses of the Iron Islands
Notable Events in the Iron Islands
The Arm of Volantis
The Arm of Norvos
The Arm of Yi Ti
The Great Grass Sea
The Khal of Khals
The Sphinx of Ifeqevron
The Riverlands
Houses of the Riverlands
Notable Events in the Riverlands
Minor Events
Another Matter of Colour
The Men of Ibben
Moths to the Flame
(Un)remarkable
Ib Sar Asylum For The Criminally Insane
(Un)natural
The Bone Mountains
The City of Goats

Yi Ti
Leng
The Bloody Countess
The Vale of Arryn
Houses of the Vale
Notable Events in the Vale
No More Eagles in the Gulltown
Gates of the Bronze Moon
Minor Events
Her(e)sy
The Distant East

The Edge of the Known World
Far Mossovy
The Cannibal Sands and the Grey Waste
K’Dath and the the Land of Shrykes
Bonetown and the Dry Deep
The Cities of the Bloodless Men
The North
Houses of the North
Notable Events in the North
The Wood Foot Bears
Minor Events
Where the Shadows of Men's Thoughts Lengthen in the Afternoon
The Kings in Yellow

A Walk through the Valley of the Shadow of Death

The Saffron Straits, Ulos, Manticore Isles and Marahai

Ulthos

Sothoryos
Yeen

The Basilisk Isles
The Crow-Eyed Krakens
The Wall and Beyond
The Lands Far North
Kingdom of the Free Folk
The Snow Wars
Six Skins of Hardhome
Thenn Thousand Strong
Seal of Disapproval
A Coiled Snake
Think of the Children
A Wooden Face, Corpse White
Nanos Gigantium Humeris Insidentes
Recent Lords Commander
The Butterfly Effect

The Summer Isles

Lotus Point
Head of Stone
Last Lament
Talking Trees
Isle of Women
Swan Fleet
Isle of Birds
Singing Stones
Three Exiles
Isle of Love
Moluu
Fragrant Isle
Bleeding Woods
Indigo Straits
Red Flower
White Flower
Head of Ebony
Head of… Lizard?
Parrotshore
The Bones
Xon
Doquu
Religion
The Olds Gods
History
Customs
I Saw the Face of God and It was Weeping

The Drowned God
History
The Grey King
The Drowned Men
Kingsmoot
Customs
A Song of Rock and Salt

The Seven
History
Clergy
Septons
Noteworthy septons
Septas
Noteworthy septas
Silent Sisters
Noteworthy silent sisters
High Septon and the Most Devout
High Septons past and present
Holy brothers and sisters
Septries
Notable septries
Motherhouses
Notable motherhouses
Customs
Marriage
Trials
Knighthood
Death
God is Red, and Terrible, and Red
Customs
The Night is Dark and Full of Terrors

Mother Rhoyne

The Bearded Priests

Beards of note

The Black Goat
Top Bucks

Blind Boash

Gods of Tits and Wine

The Graces of Gods

Shrouded Isle of the Gods

Sellswords, Sellsails and Merry Men
Westeros
The Wolves of Winter
The Direwolves
The Harborigens
The Forlorn
The Treeburners
The Kingsmen
The Peacocks
The Gatekeepers
The Headtakers
The Stromchasers
The Weeds
The Hellfires
The Bloody Fools
The Sunbreakers
The Maesters
The Bridgertons
The Dancers
The Cobblers
The Gutter Knights
The Black Eagles
The Seagulls
The Pride
The Collectors
The Beastmasters
The Bottom Feeders
The Rafters
The Tollers
The Botley Crew
The Ugly Ducklings
The Dark Stars
The Great Cities
The Golden Company
The Second Sons
The Bright Banners
The Windblown
The Ragged Standard
The Iron Shields
The Maiden's Men
The Gallant Men
The Men of Valor
The Long Lances
The Free Company
The Brave Companions
The Jolly Fellows
The Stormcrows
The Stormbreakers
The Wolf Pack
The Company of the Rose
The Company of the Cat
The Far East
The Unsullied
The Lost Legion
The Shades, The Undying and The Servitors
The Dirtborn, The Stone Herd, The Cinnamon Rolls and The Paraders
The Serpent’s Fangs and The Serpent’s Eyes
The Ruby Light and The Iron Gates
The Pincers and The Hammers
The Unicorns, The Maroons, The Lions of Night, and the Carcosa Raiders
The Shadows and the Men of Leng
The Mountain Clans
The Painted Dogs
The Burned Men
The Milk Snakes
The Black Ears
The Moon Crows and the Stone Brothers
The Vanished Clans
The Wildling Raiders
Rattleshirts
Dogheads
Crowkillers
Shakers
Tall-Talkers
Hornblowers
Hornfoots
Nightrunners
Cavemen
Troglodytes
The High Seas
The Snail Sails: Bleeding and Dyed
The Chequy Sails
The Rags
The Tapestries
The Myrish Eyes
The Menagerie
The Cormorants
The Golden Girls
Banks
The Iron Bank of Braavos
The Ancient Bank of Qarth

The Citadel
Acknowledgments

Beyond

P_GzM4LaWeVEyunqb8aO2bIIzkUhaBmcGuYjcC1BHvNPJg_36qrj7pX4PPA3OMuQbJSupzOPugrJkHfVjCZk2xkraaUzMdZHXmH8EVPjDKJtCE8yEOxT25V93pd43qZm9qQu72SfLCgrJY09qAhk6Sc

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions:
Preface

Preface​

My fellow colleague, Maester Yandel, in his monumental work had brilliantly said that “every building is constructed stone by stone, and the same may be said of knowledge, extracted and compiled by many learned men, each of whom builds upon the works of those who preceded him. What one of them does not know is known to another, and little remains truly unknown if one seeks far enough”1.

It is now my, Maester Vaemond’s, turn to take up my chisel and carve another stone into that vast bastion of knowledge.

w9y0Gijjd-XE9sOifayWXfORIirucFVdsd2mDOW0c1FW-iU-Gdg1tjl039QDK5rES0_Qwi_3cD0q7Q5QKjC7cjQMdA7HXTGqgmjFqGMP98Ej8AijrNmFMc8LOaOd6x-jPyhK07x9

I was born on the 12th day of Sixth Moon in the year 314AC. Second of two sons of an influential lord, I was expected to act as a spare if anything were to happen to my older brother. But from an early age I’ve felt an urge, a yearning for knowledge. So, naturally, I have expressed my desire to study at the Citadel. It did not go well at first and became the topic of constant heated arguments between me and my parents. But eventually Queen Daenerys herself stepped in on my behalf and thus the matter was settled.

I have forged my chains quite quickly. Not to appear arrogant, but I’ve always been a quick learner. Not a true genius as my brother, who excels at everything he puts his mind to, but still quick enough to become an Archmaester by the age of fourty.

Everything I have achieved I attribute to the Queen. True to her name, she broke the chains of duty I’ve been born with so I could forge the chains of my own choosing.

So I have decided, as Maester Yandel did before me, to honour our beloved Queen and create this work that humble but lettered men might read—and read to their wives and children—so that they would learn a history of deeds both good and rotten, gallant and wicked, just and unjust, great and small, peoples familiar and strange, and lands near and far.

1This and future excerpts are taken from The World of Ice & Fire, an excellent work by Maester Yandel (further referred to as WoIF)

Last edited:
  • 4Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
The Marvelous Reign

The Marvelous Reign​

Even though the brief reign of House Baratheon started out of good intentions, it soon became apparent that the new King was not as interested in the good of his realm as a king should be. A known hedonist, a drunkard and a lecher, he delegated all of his kingly duties to his Counsel and only reveled in his kingly privileges. Eventually the things got so out of hand, that even his former allies and friends could take no more of it.

After the bloodless coup organised by Lord Paramount Eddard Stark, who served as an advisor and was designated as a regent in case the need for one would arise, the inglorious reign of the Usurper Robert Baratheon came to an end on the 18th day of Fifth Moon in the year 300AC.

pUDwhVASJo2wMWIZ5XCI0dMfwhwQcKWPz3_qkOVDR70_q-6g4aOYGTTX59MKgYd_4XEKUbNRozHjQBnhWwFW8-Md__B24danDEhz6-OVs1RULlmD9QHkqifoENT6XFMdFKn3N8KA

Queen Daenerys Stormborn of House Targaryen, the First of Her Name, Queen of the Andals, the Rhoynar and the First Men, Lady of the Seven Kingdoms and Protector of the Realm was crowned by the High Septon (the scarred one) on the 3rd day of Twelfth Moon in the year 300AC.

ePi2k2BWO0bPr_6V-mKX3PK9CjmKZ_Es8ZWH5yEFvONPGr2nMg9GnpiqMwyJ9cilij8RTCasQstxRG9f4i72epWDTAH8Zn3un17ciXAXFB3Lqo-0QQfNzHWo7QNcDIdzDNrs70Ib

Her reign turned out to be that of prosperity and plenty. She strived to alleviate the hardships and suffering of ordinary people, so she waged Wars of Liberation well into the East and North and built many refuges across the lands on both sides of the Narrow Sea. Under her reign started The Reclamation of the long lost lands of Old Valyria that created new opportunities to the people both high and low. And she managed to hold the many kingdoms in peace, brokering tutelage, marriages, alliances and friendships among her subjects.

Maester Yandel said that no man can say with certainty what the future may hold. But perhaps with the knowledge of what has already transpired and a Queen who knows what could have transpired instead, we can all do our part to avoid the mistakes of our forebears, to emulate their successes, and to create a world more harmonious for our children and their children, for generations to come.

• 4Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
The Royal Family: The Winged Wolf

The Royal Family​

The Winged Wolf

The Queen came with the dragons and the King, then known as The Bastard of Winterfell. The Queen’s brother was deemed unstable, and there were no other members of the Targaryen family, so the Queen named her husband as her heir and granted him the Lordship of Dragonstone. As the threat to the Targaryens from the Usurper was gone, Lord Eddard finally revealed the truth about his parentage.

BVNUfE-5iFLd75gJHPF1b5dBTINuguxbQrhdNTNMoeTRGUqSlh5wCK8r7yqzSh8NWzJpvV1W5gGt6F3e5hazD8Hyc-YCwWudzAtwgDvumbLkKRx1lvMWMeoiMAbYsk6qpSNNcwB3

After their first child was born, King Jon relocated to the Lordship of Summerhall to oversee the renovation project.

JjQ-ARkhbtjlHSuARt9RleReqKTAnY5VA5rau9xn5I2VQ9lZkXRJR869SpHAUEB0xFFlpYNYTnDUk9MjGtu0_5y2DxUs6ra04XXxlRBcAkIqZybkm11ar4DYqoFhh7dXVkpmxVCo

The King thoroughly explored each of his sits and managed to find the most precious Targaryen heirlooms of all: dragon eggs. The dragon egg from Dragonstone was bestowed to Prince Edderion. The dragon egg from Summerhall was bestowed to Princess Aella. The King himself rides the blue dragon named Blizzard.

09WWir1cETYDmw_tiEfPCOjsDNbo7OdzTtAOIjmWouao7NwoQljpFrkMrSp3gQkjGJ3ujJApqniOjCsXgzvmRvYqKx7qbTuL9O2TvioC-0MGOKR08vT4Bs711u5-i0jhE40QMwmC

Jon Snow by hardcoremiike

The King's efforts of rebuilding are proving fruitful as well as his marriage to the Queen.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
The Royal Family: Prince Rhaegar of Dragonstone

Prince Rhaegar of Dragonstone

The first Targaryen child, strong and handsome silver-haired little boy, was born on the 14th day on Eleventh Moon in the year 303AC. He was named Rhaegar after the Queen’s brother and the King’s father. He immediately bonded with then riderless dragon Rhaegal and never separated with him ever since.

He became the heir and was named the Prince of Dragonstone in the year 308AC.

igHYPaIl2cQ9mH2Ra5sprJvKlOdBSahbquncAB5gUZol8BxLvtNaYeN2bBh4-3N3MlPy5Y6E2IDb9YpqXgPqlDRY_3Lf5bbPurAN9s6Wtle016dYvwAjMVpNUKC9LT-ZNuyMO9qc

Prince Rhaegar was betrothed from birth to Calla Blackfyre, who is two days his senior, the firstborn child of Lord Aegon Blackfyre of Harrenhal. They were married as soon as they came of age.

fzarJEXkREh48bus1ntppGLTP0jaRVR9CTgqZqb39jAHJDqSUqkb1iuyCM3FeEpv8EdiEsaI-ep8sato7-AVm9Bgl6efoB1IN_4ZIea6dIeeWEpObMZAdumTQKq6WB4uSWmr9JqD

The union produced one son, Aegon, and two daughters, Aelinor and Rhae.

Princess Aelinor married her cousin Lord Maekar Targaryen, son of Prince Viserys the Bladesman. They have a daughter, Maega. She is betrothed from birth to Aegor, son of Aenyx Targaryen of North Valyria and Talisi Targaryen of Essaria.

JLrwa5WxrfXW0s9bOPUnnXqE29CLFt-kkBLDy5vQItjKKTBRHUCaaCGGGOPU3BDM_0ZHn2HTz0mSVKfUiLB56aY_DMdO9NsenJsChT65dObIxtS855qJLfZKyi_i_PxQ7aE34on4

Princess Rhae married her cousin Ser Aerys Targaryen, son of Aethon Blackfyre, the heir to the Lordship of Harrenhal, and Princess Aella Targaryen, the Realm's Delight.

ev0tXCUEOSH4UeSVjNS5qgwyhKOCAiVb2W2MCiC7KFF-BZ9OIajmjKRZk4ZwMHGsiu7PS8kQWGQnL_CwB-TAzaUrNqGojG2bCO0yFzynukv63JS8Y4Xo5MCVYA8Dg4bMYECdGt_E

The Red Woman

Prince Aegon yet remains unmarried, although he might disagree with that statement.

fhVSg7owkuxkmFaYER3gbUhZoWDUA3Vlf0khHqNIWqdvTzwAeOCdbMSBKDpSt3-3I5us7c7_Tv4CJeQhN4rup7v2z2wpoGJ2__cdFLw4UAf6AjerE9KGXtMDPflhm03WrzGMOw_v

The Prince that was Promised by Denis Maznev

He had refused all the prospect of marriage, both from within his family and from the vassals of the Realm. He openly lives with his paramour Lady Melisandre, mysterious red priestess from Asshai.

dTJqp7-SJvOCZNCb3VQEErZ9zDLHk3yUxSLFwWxhs67V-mMztgD9wz2vG7KT32pGWeKSeeQfayw3lhbN7etr0rNWXXAVabiLNsYD0l8ftXKcxUbuNSdgrLcVJJZyywkbzzowc7iu

Melisandre by LudvikSKP

She came to court at Dragonstone when Prince Aegon was just a boy, and he was immediately smitten by her. He followed her everywhere, and at the age of six and ten he declared her his wife, even though it is known that the red priests cannot marry. They have a daughter named Shiera. She is betrothed from birth to Maelys Targaryen, son of Lord Drogar of Essaria and Lady Daenerys of North Valyria.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
The Royal Family: Prince Viserys the Bladesman of the Lands of the Long Summer

Prince Viserys the Bladesman of the Lands of the Long Summer​

The second Targaryen child, also a strong and handsome silver-haired little boy, was born on the 14th day on Twelfth Moon in the year 305AC. He was named Viserys after the Queen’s brother. He bonded with then riderless dragon Viserion.

A brilliant strategist, a masterful diplomat and a competent administrator, he was tasked with overseeing the most ambitious project of Recolonisation of the Lands of The Long Summer near Valyria. When the initial hardships were overcome and the new kingdom was sufficiently stable, he came back to court and serves as Master-at-Arms of the Iron Throne.

xP7EMRRAZYDHmwV3oqTBCpiunVswp-v01rlJrSgEk6FuYimK0Xg2S7zLSMhD_VIl7zyzJdIrQQuSWmKOdWwFotREqL9zIRHawUczhrlJ8o_E3pTgLnleo2DLiObtinNTO7lspYpI

Prince Viserys was betrothed from birth to Viserra Blackfyre, who is three months his senior, the second child of Lord Aegon Blackfyre of Harrenhal. They were married as soon as they came of age.

fQES3PeOg5P6BCKRVE1Vsa9Q7PaadPaOMXmnpFsCKY34jzdHS5ivNTbxvVFV4oIrWexPQQN7AAXAwrhTD6KcgSpQmo3JDp9J_EC1uAY9u7Y50a2a0GJ_weEXbrimHdk5POuy-wVK

The union produced one son, Maekar.

VIJ6zRe81nw3QCCVEAolFIT5NsC71Ay6DGX03CrFnQzoJj1MxfdO4sEHNX-l_lW7V1pWLqnb4AC1QXuzbRYbFV7JNvwqwHEmUbdTuMEiQAK2KMBPKirXLV6hiG0Y75J_C1czDmCw

He is married to his cousin, Princess Aelinor, daughter of Prince Rhaegar of Dragonstone. They have a daughter, Maega. She is betrothed from birth to Aegor, son of Aenyx Targaryen of North Valyria and Talisi Targaryen of Essaria.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
The Royal Family: Prince Aegon the Confessor of Essaria

Prince Aegon the Confessor of Essaria​

The third Targaryen child, handsome silver-haired little boy with wits of unparalleled capacity, was born on the 14th day of Second Moon in the year 308AC. He was named Aegon after the Queen’s late nephew and the King’s brother. The egg found by Lord Rycherd of Red Lake was put into little Aegon’s cradle. It hatched a year later. The pale green dragon was named Aegax after the boy. They are inseparable ever since.

Prince Aegon grew up into an ambitious and brave man.

jeGu7EZ8ltqwXScF6_y-yRHvbQVMfczHX3jYzxn8052VJNmq7iFjACzMkYJZbsQQagUbab2JzHqfsQqGZeGF02q-IQlGh_GEQKA98DSHQkezQ-unck1y96E9UxiHkIu242dDBbZn

Daemon I Blackfyre - The Black Dragon by Mike Hallstein

A fanatical opponent of the practice of slavery like the rest of his family and a very cunning man, he once read about the fearsome dothraki and decided to challenge the status quo in the Dothraki Sea the same as his parents were doing in the lands along the Orange Shore of the Summer Sea. He took his dragon to the skies and disappeared for months. The Queen was beside herself and the King was planning on taking his own dragon out of the fighting in an attempt to find his son.

But there was no need. Prince Aegon suddenly returned on his dragon, safe and sound. And married.

The Silver Mare​

While on his campaign of The Colonisation of Essaria (will be covered in the appropriate further chapter), Prince Aegon met the infamous Khal of Khals, the Great Khal Drogo of the Dothraki Sea.

lXL2nQ7ukdRjqd06YmHoUSWwMTx3I2wRaKV8N2Rg-h6IHzw-wFtH4f2Q5-p6yznkWTwRcc_rU0yYlPltbdeeEqre-vkz9NIe-NVgvh8l6Fgk87CeYZoOpyv8EldXWIBR4SILwI-U

Khal Drogo by dalisacg

He also met his daughter from a volantene wife, a silver-haired maiden named Rhaenys. Every draft of the boundary treaty from that point on included her as a requirement.

h7u5kIrKKpRrKLp4TRhwTFND3RSRHp4lE_3--FBBFbce3yKZcWDhT2pYbwEvMVbZGXyHiLhU06mQnA_UMN_n9XHc5ahn_iobSybvRI14Wkf92-JhLv_qCkrMbp2dPWsFFb4MvT3a

If I look back, I'm lost by hallmarccus

Finally the Treaty of Sarnath (or the Vaes Khewo Agreement) was brokered, putting a demarcation line between the Dothraki and Essaria. Everything East of the ruins of Sarnath was considered the Dothraki domain. Everything West now belonged to the Dragon. That also included Rhaenys. So Prince Aegon, now Archon of Essaria, got himself a beloved wife, Great Khal Drogo got himself a beautiful arakh in exchange and we all are stuck with a lewd tune about the silver-haired mare with tiny bells in her mane who comes to the dragon’s cave in nothing but a hrakkar’s pelt.

This was the wife Prince Aegon brought with him to the court. The union made a formal scandal and uproar across the realm. Many lords were bitter that their daughters were not even considered, but some unwashed stable girl is now a Princess.

The Royal Family did not care. The Queen was shocked at first, but probably for reasons far from matter of propriety. She soon shook it off and embraced her new daughter-in-law.

Prince Aegon and his khalakki eventually went back to their fledgling colony and made a marvellous job with it.

They are happily married and still in love.

PQQnrhvz9gh7ssiix3dzoBMtwbuJt7j4Sc2znb8vwpaY7zVGjrVvWZQK98z0OV6tJqd_wIssXFMMUwlsMqO0rLBzqpvVisbJ8XeE1_EmMyp-Qsc0M_gm-jGgXeQAYZkpSCKPVngC

Their unusual union produced one son, Drogar, and one daughter, Talisi.

Lord Drogar is married to his cousin, Lady Daenerys of North Valyria. They have a son, Maelys, who is betrothed to Shiera, the daughter of Prince Aegon of Dragonstone and his Red Woman.

06LHGht9sHQAQkAzgWNN416it5KBIcEilKzHPosiRqaBRiTdBWKvE_KUjLUqkmhB9gSgO3bbYVWhk8LNORN8e9NxHcqo-XSENBn_vRt7kogFolFpcOVXEBdqRB6UzX31CI1j6BhL

Lady Talisi is married to her cousin, Lord Aenyx of North Valyria, son of Lord Paramount Edderion the Dragon. They have a son, Aegor, who is betrothed to Maega, daughter of Lord Maekar of the Lands of the Long Summer.

BOrt8yabwS9ZuLEDsgFhEMGpGHfY7oEg7axNzTqW7-e7UvyKMRCeSnCdGKNGht4kBa-u6a8jbMoRPqiW0RtF14FrtnlS6MFlk-AEnObJ-47g5FjldJaO1AAD9e0BoUByNjKRcBmM

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
The Royal Family: Prince Edderion, the Dragon of North Valyria

Prince Edderion, the Dragon of North Valyria​

The fourth Targaryen child, handsome dark-haired little boy with wits of almost as quick as his brother’s, was born on the 14th day of Fifth Moon in the year 310AC. He was named Edderion after the King’s uncle and foster father, Lord Paramount Eddard, Protector of the North, whom he had grown to resemble very closely in his later years. The egg found on Dragonstone by the King was put into little Edderion’s cradle. It hatched a year later. The nimble matte-silver dragon was named Melexes. They are inseparable ever since.

B4IgWeo4yBOWvJhf7joUZfPPGKLETJ5SR9361s_rt4HLVPJLpr1xhXZlg8gLEKgoltZ0p8K2ugCA3fPxIbFZvNOmbTC2Jm_ZQqYCDqyPXebQ4O3KNaez1_isKW-TxlUdcUWjWO0d

Prince Edderion was betrothed from birth to Rhae Blackfyre, who is six months his senior, the third child of Lord Aegon Blackfyre of Harrenhal. They were married as soon as they came of age.

Their union produced one daughter, Daenerys, and one son, Aenyx.

Whole North Valyrian branch of House Targaryen, with the exception of Lady Daenerys, worships the Old Gods of King Jon.

Lady Daenerys married her cousin, Lord Drogar of Essaria, son of Prince Aegon the Confessor. They have one son, Maelys, betrothed to Shiera, daughter of Prince Aegon of Dragonstone and his red priestess.

f72wL-48Dyqjl6gXirZAdIQOlmqASLTstl5xSwAPDL7N1AqvSkmpHZDnndfDe7rf7V8z0G2bTmFWMR_xXjTpAsjYBiqJjrbGFQjBpdCocyxoE7O7ujYmGSTg8MCacSylvZiAi6CH

Lord Aenyx married his cousin, Lady Talisi of Essaris, daughter of Prince Aegon the Confessor. They have one son, Aegor, betrothed to Maega, daughter of Lord Maekar of the Lands of the Long Summer.

HHLnu-5iGXRRUOLxsG4U1jAGgJfl7hwkgKntRKO61wtAJCSxJ3Io9BEiQCWPXCI0WxU_jq4vvmi4nvHoIg6q6cjOEAGMuUcwHBe9v-GConxQ26BHVFIWAHnNO7IK5inwvz5SLSzu

The Twisted Priests​

Prince Edderion first joined his brother, Prince Viserys, in the latter’s effort of Recolonisation of the Lands near Valyria. But then his prophetic dreams that he must have inherited from his mother told him to pursue his own path, so he took his dragon to the skies and landed in the very occasion-appropriate province of Draconys. Soon enough he came in contact and an unfortunate confrontation with the poor souls of Mantarys region. A brief war ensued, but the contorted bodies of the local people made a sad opponent for the dragon.

After the region was pacified, Prince Edderion met with the local priests.

They bowed and knelt their twisted bodies and proclaimed Prince Edderion a worthy heir of Valyria. They bestowed upon him a richly decorated Valyrian Steel greatsword with beautiful blends of yellow and golden patterns infused into the metal. A large red sapphire sits between two ram heads on the hilt and it’s pommel is a rearing snake. The blade shows the fine craftsmanship the Valyrians were capable of, and has been jealously guarded by the twisted priests of Mantarys for centuries. Lord Edderion named the sword Chimera.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions:
The Royal Family: Princess Aella, the Realm’s Delight

Princess Aella, the Realm’s Delight​

The fifth and final Targaryen child, a beautiful long-awaited little girl with silver-hair and wits to match her beauty, was born on the 14th day of Twelfth Moon in the year 311AC. She was named Aella, but the people quickly started calling her the Realm’s Delight. The egg found in the ruins of Summerhall by the King was put into little Aella’s cradle. It hatched a year later. The pitch-black dragon was named Keliothor. They were inseparable ever since.

cJt9CDtSNl-NhsYN5FbWkmWBjRExrHHUqirLO3RolfQv0fyVQFh6ERgkyxDVA3NH-_1UzEpE7Co_P9VmdbIAuxtKrIirJfz_lddJwoYpGc9RdE62UNoqIsbAsM6aPwcnYTRN_xgP

Princess Aella was betrothed from birth to Aethon Blackfyre, who is one year her senior, the fourth child, the first son and heir of Lord Aegon Blackfyre of Harrenhal. They were married as soon as they came of age. By the special decree issued by the Queen, their descendants are to be considered true and full-blooded Targaryens.

GFtaguAu5x42SqmQGwgg6omZirhuzYhCnn6QVtnWg0dg4k1FccyRVn1xXOGubtppFN21kzVGv2fxGEEZ_JCR4LQaqOf9NwVCZqO8CDHdRSt_0Z-so6kdugmbTcgC_OePaHElJkkF

They had one son, Prince Aerys Targaryen, and one daughter, Princess Rhaella Targaryen.

Aerys married his cousin, Princess Rhae of Dragonstone, the daughter of Prince Rhaegar of Dragonstone.

Rhaella was the second Targaryen in recent history to marry outside the House Targaryen (or third, if one counts Prince Aegon and his red woman). She married the heir to Highgarden Ser Jafer Tyrell, son of Ser Gormon Tyrell (unfortunately killed in a duel by his kinsman, Ser Uther Tyrell of Bournheath in 347AC) and grandson of Lord Paramount Medwick of the Reach, Protector of the South. She also bonded with an already hatched dragon, then one-year-old hatchling from the egg found by Lord Benedict of Strongsong. The ashen dragon was named just that, Nuqir (meaning “ashes” in High Valyrian). They are inseparable ever since.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions:
The Royal Family: The Beggar King

The Beggar King​

Not much can be said about the Queen’s brother, poor Prince Viserys. The pressure of the whole ordeal he had to endure in his youth had clearly been too much for his mind. It also notably affected his temper. Despite the best efforts of numerous maesters, the Prince was ultimately considered unstable and placed under constant supervision. He never married, although he frequented the many brothels of King’s Landing, to which his sister turned a (tired) blind eye. In his last years he became very weak, even infirm, and was confined to the castle of Dragongur in the Hayford lands near the capital. He died of Bloody Flux when it swept across the lands in the year 335AC at the age of 59.

WIFibngJd3pZcUIHmJketNxccvh2qNGNq3TjUh4C6NXBXf_3682J8cpV2Lx6HPEcjZyHas4H2zejmPJUJrsHQ5YNDyaEhXxdgFKg96qKFdN7fmHV0b48oMX_vbz4pbsbk3v4EnJ3

Viserys Targaryen by juls illustrated

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions:
The Royal Family: The Dragons

The Dragons​

One cannot speak about the House Targaryen without speaking about dragons. There are eight living dragons roaming the skies at the moment when these words are being written.

The four dragons that came with the Queen and King are:
  • Drogon (hatched from the three eggs gifted to the Queen on her wedding by Prince Illyrio of Pentos, ridden by the Queen)
  • Rhaegal (hatched from the three eggs gifted to the Queen on her wedding by Prince Illyrio of Pentos, ridden by Prince Rhaegar of Dragonstone)
  • Viserion (hatched from the three eggs gifted to the Queen on her wedding by Prince Illyrio of Pentos, ridden by Prince Viserys of Lands of the Long Summer)
bjjDDWD1-ooydXyLEYIeSP_1dSmSFNg71cjFcxV_HLmvXUlfs2icNlRXz5jGEa7xeWXS53z4uQbDWPX4xX80DpNdf5aRY5fCpuHYXf-qw4viCLumww9bn9iwmo_yKaKZZs0on-_C

• and Blizzard (hatched from the egg found by Lord Paramount Eddard Stark in the crypts of Winterfell and gifted to the King, ridden by the King)
MmppeVPJOeLbCe779xx0Tmvpgl6rW16R5vZgk5xb9g0zdGk-YdTVkP9jPohEJdbRgBLJXchnq8VD-G0HxFxHrntVhzKK5AG81G50aZwKT5CVT7S5cBSo_GFQuKIvoUZ1N6yBb-cB

Other four dragons include:
  • Aegax (hatched from the egg found by Lord Rycherd of Red Lake, ridden by Prince Aegon of Essaria)
gcqge7jH-h-vhylAZ0InQ1uVCyq7YMdWHIAy4RSGZONNZXhisIh5TxGHDiR6nDzG48A8UinzmHk_QYIsG4AFxRMyODCAuxlzx06ApdU7AWYcDkRaMTv4IWcwOPQ0qI5tpAK6rHJu

Green Wyvern by Childofdune (account unfortunately deactivated)
  • Melexes (hatched from the egg found on Dragonstone by the King, ridden by Prince Edderion of North Valyria)
iNja9QPnO7d9xVENYUCOCaYZJJXHWSLvKyj41v-RgJVu73gEMQdaRohql-WabeJuriSpbpXdkF8kl_cxAptZGF91CznRsYPOggNaQ9ZzULZm3Uf9TP94yuQs4DpKMllkgnjTva1K

• Keliothor (hatched from the egg found in the ruins of Summerhall by the King, ridden by Princess Aella
YZWY3wIJTGMaOigDLdfV-mivCDWFFym2ww80kl1QUPEFc4TwX0IOG6Y8FvVxhpVGyMn-GaLyiitaSBTqO8VAmjnCo-sKLEg-_2X7U0OjOsPHy_nr4TXmp8X-rxfZLz5PUHwtZ902

Big Brothers by Allagar
  • and Nuqir (hatched from the egg found by Lord Benedict of Strongsong, ridden by Princess Rhaella)
7mSBIOy6PHuUw7l8K2gRLoZRJL03ZkvyEr-jD9bkDOI-FZVOwoT5iwaQrh11_hb2UMy8xxxaPGPjI4X3w44o30EGkMhlk7Bg--10YKR4tqpJKDcD9VjCd9kEj1GEuHnmRCBc17NU

Dragon. by TatianaMakeeva

Dragons also seem to form pairs although due to the fact that many Targaryen dragonriders live half a world apart it is hard to say for sure.

Suspected pairs at the moment are as follows:
  • Drogon and Blizzard
  • Rhaegal and Nuqir
  • Viserion and Melexes
  • Aegax and Keliothor
No pair has produced eggs as of yet.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
Awsome timeline. Those images my god. I NEED MORE!! I am especially curious to find out what happened with the other royal families of Westeros.
Thank you! I'm glad you liked it! Other regions coming very soon!

• 1Like
Reactions:
Impressive work :) I'm particularly impressed by the fact that you've been able to find (or perhaps commission?) art that fits the in-game characters so well.

Waiting warmly for the next chapter!

• 1Like
Reactions:
Impressive work :) I'm particularly impressed by the fact that you've been able to find (or perhaps commission?) art that fits the in-game characters so well.

Waiting warmly for the next chapter!
Thank you! I hope to post another part soon!
I (unfortunately) did not commission any of the artworks, I just found then and then meticulously altered in FaceApp and other similar apps for the age and other minor but important stuff (like eye color). For most of the art I have links to the originals, but I don't know whether I should post them or if it's ok to let it be.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Westeros. The Seven Kingdoms

Westeros​

ecej7uSjCA0Er1BCtkLZqZmXjv89CfVQRafCKUPSYf2wVhZOj9Qc9rMnD9fOg-JGOtmDsg86LvveRHY59_JAdZ802C142jkC5zq4KVHkm28Y6NaqBvhgze1yDsXOgdwbD7zxBuJW

The Seven Kingdoms​

For centuries it has been the custom to speak of the Seven Kingdoms of Westeros. This familiar usage derives from the seven great kingdoms that held sway over most of Westeros below the Wall during years immediately preceding Aegon’s Conquest. Yet even then, the term was far from exact, for one of those “kingdoms” was ruled by a princess rather than a king (Dorne), and Aegon Targaryen’s own “kingdom” of Dragonstone was never included in the count. Nonetheless, the term endures. Just as we speak of the Hundred Kingdoms of yore, though there was never a time when Westeros was actually divided into a hundred independent states, we must bow to common usage and talk of the Seven Kingdoms, despite the imprecision.2

In practice, what were once independent kingdoms are now the constituite regions of the Realm (with some exceptions, as always). Despite its name, the Seven Kingdoms are divided into ten administrative regions or provinces: the Crownlands, the Stepstones, Dorne, the Reach, the Stormlands, the Westerlands, the Iron Islands, the Riverlands, the Vale of Arryn, and the North. Each region is governed by a Lord Paramount sworn directly to the Iron Throne (with the traditional exception of Dorne that is ruled by a titular Prince). The Crownland lords do not have a Lord Paramount to oversee them and swear fealty directly to the Throne or to the Princes of Dragonstone.

A temporary special status is granted to the lands Beyond the Wall.

2 WoIF

• 2Like
Reactions:
The Crownlands: Houses of the Crownlands. Commanders of the City Watch of King's Landing. Queensguard. The Small Council

The Crownlands​

g_UogY_qJUPU5hjRW3-0Z4Qg1-ErJ74pbBvHNJWcVzoVmoDIY8StRqfXfj8h1ZU6cerkjcn_f2c6ogNgzC30IBCnqrlodeSUE6KWKT-VUDXwW_ieVoBmHdMRN5v9nFSZBnCyArWJ

The Crownlands extend for approximately 400 miles from the Bay of Crabs to the Wendwater, and for close to 450 miles from the western border (near Gods Eye) to the Narrow Sea at the tip of Crackclaw Point. The Crownlands are geographically dominated by Blackwater Bay, an immense inlet of the Narrow Sea, and also include the offshore islands of Driftmark, Dragonstone and Claw Isle. The Crownlands are economically and politically controlled by King’s Landing, the largest city in Westeros.3

Houses of the Crownlands

The Crownlands owe their fealty to the ruling House Targaryen. Most of the mainland houses are sworn directly to the ruler who sits on the Iron Throne in King’s Landing, but the islands in Blackwater Bay are instead sworn to the Princes of Dragonstone.

Major houses sworn directly to the Throne, and their vassals, include:

• House Blackfyre of Harrenhal
    • House Butterwell of Butterwell
    • House Wode of Shoreham
    • House Vance of Atranta
    • House Lolliston of Lolliston
  • House Roote of Harroway’s Town
  • House Darry of The Bay of Crabs
    • House Mooton of Maidenpool
  • House Brune of Crackclaw Point
    • House Boggs of North Crackclaw
    • House Crabb of the Whispers
    • House Hardy of Crackclaw Barren
    • House Staunton of Rook’s Rest
  • House Rykker of Duskendale
    • House Hollard of Crown Keep
    • House Harte of Brindlewood
    • House Buckwell of the Antlers
    • House Rollingford of Rollingford
    • House Darke of Woodhollow
    • House Darkwood of Dun Keep
  • House Warfield of Stokeworth
    • House Byrch of Byrch Hall
  • House Bullhart of Rosby
    • House Edgerton of Edgerton
  • House Hartford of Hayford
    • House Thorne of Rayonet
    • House Hogg of Sow’s Horn
  • House Mallery of Blackwater Rush
    • House Cressey of Mosborough
    • House Bourney of Great Fork
    • House Chelstead of Bramsfort
  • House Langward of the Reachroad
    • House Farring of Farring Cross
    • House Gaunt of Dalston Keep
  • House Wendwater of Kingswood
    • House Chyttering of Chyttering Brook
    • House Bywater of Bywater
    • House Pyle of Attadale
    • House Blount of Greensward

Houses sworn to Dragonstone include:
  • House Velaryon of Driftmark
  • House Celtigar of Claw Isle

Commanders of the City Watch of King's Landing​

• Ser Janos Slynt
    • Sent to the Night's Watch after the exile of the Usurper Robert Baratheon in the year 300AC
g4bkFfQAN4VNabdrFn0LPuReqYapqpSVsPwbbqasrd2W7Wpm7AtDiVPRovFUAWQuGgRJqMZnc6S-l4BO5pRJhTFXp6MPq_AG7qYXg82dS-wzmryQmYqEb7yW4dK6tgJmttiYOMDp

• Ser Robar Royce, future Lord Robar the Gallant of Runestone
    • Years of service: 300-303AC
qHpQn6GGA9SZFwmTptdiKGfgLgVi-0LkerNWNJM4X_2DAhwPIC1ySLU28AzEQqDXd5xrLOmsdRRF2Mfz1CAMvTT8FHzGQt27d3hMfGbqUsK_qvAmP02nbLrGoPkdJONmUrJ4NiQV

• Ser Ronnal Darkhart, the Bastard of King's Landing, bastard son of the Usurper Robert Baratheon
    • Years of service: 303-353AC, died from a malignant tumor while on active duty
8XvAkGLRcfy1lmnq6QAfUDEEGvGrLDJ84fHWdNRQadG5uzwTji9TGkUhQ1Ipiar5dm8QjSooVpzlANyZ-_Llw_mnZd-iMS5nx-JVY37J08hp3NvOJIiSt5D-dH2Y1phCwKBbx9MI

• Ser Lucos Darkhart, son of Ser Ronnal Darkhart and his wife, Lady Missandei of Naath
    • Years of service: 353AC-present
fIFw9KO6gpphCqBt9vdPyfRAf7pT81wQ-w-Zv9s-eCOprCcgcZ11GU-IrG-40lY7oeftm1PJkdPe511j5x-Wblydf9PvVs9HOpreOgWSN_rr90x8NMeTscnpjv1oiqgW6sTZDluV

Queensguard​

Past Lord Commanders​

• Ser Barristan the Bold of House Selmy, a celebrated hero of the War of the Ninepenny Kings. Died peacefully in the year 322AC at the age of 85
oVrQ71tO9O5XyuObNbIdQkZ4ve8vf99ukWy-D1zIAUNqnoBYb0faqMuMLJPEbjIurTnQmsC07VljyDfVWaf87-pFw5RxeHFaJADZGP2LZ9NCWColWK_-RSNEXrVzgVutdeZg1eC1

• Andrik the Unsmiling, the fiercest ironborn warrior of his time. Fell into a deep sleep and died without awakening in the year 327AC at the age of 62, most probably eaten away by a malignant tumor growing in his body
9hIQOyUKR0QZhDxqslw2sDZU2FfujmtNwKSauxpIBllrjvpzGZ2FN_l8LRBAS4-0biUpl4wOUHk20kO-W6GmUXdI0PxWhKw5xxfZC_jOOEzeO2bNc-N5b49Ep1J3EHe_jOMf22UB

• Ser Jaime the Kingslayer of House Lannister, the second child and first-born son of Lord Tywin Lannister of Casterly Rock, the youngest member in the history of the order, the man who ended the tyranny of madness of King Aerys II Targaryen. Died peacefully in the year 343AC at the age of 77
q57x_CygA6sFjDKwRmjDY3m_kS6vHHUZOgqhk78OY91yDU72Uj3OA9IuEhdRB_9UvJqmr8xOJTnCYsQT3uqx0yoOqQaOaZ0x-OO6fF0TqWwld81oUoiLuXkj5Sxo68H8ov3eI5pZ

• Ser Arys of House Oakheart. Died bedridden and infirm in the year 343AC at the age of 71
HpxpB9rwSisbyuiXHZNOYj5xVkbolv6aqmBivTwLGJ8N1mJX7OAGsKT6H1Gs0I704NApnM-W0N5NKpnB9uRFAb5iJvnVilzAfambQCmRcwxagzKLNpRsGC25UtltHy0aqC2UOZMw

• Ser Jothos the Poet, a hedgeknight from Langward Hall, a true sword legend of his days. Died peacefully in the year 345AC at the age of 71
ERXxp0VLslHw_MmagBvQQtowqGE9zpN6mFNX711KYJEnaAbwh7SgEV8A0vy14XOK_Odskd4M1niBnJrQgN-p9UBOpu89_c_2FAbBSCdVKfrYsYMAFG7LR1ilwj4s-2Fiik36cmd5

• Ser Byren, the Bastard of Blackcrown, a baseborn son of Lord Jon Bulwer. Died peacefully in the year 358AC at the age of 73
t-tjJ6k4Sm1yf_Rp-B6ay5VG4SBB_zRoz43SBCOXdUd0C2HMaaHPIrMHan79MlVkkR5dQaZ22eFpRUcvUdDMABjUyIolstzjhiM_5Lal6GqJbBJgoPAmK7h0nkMdhZ3hMtK2L-mb

Queensguard in the year 360AC​

• Lord Commander Ser Danos (74) of House Slynt, the third-born son of Ser Janos Slynt, a disgraced former Commander of the City Watch. Due to his failing eyesight and a very fragile health, he is mostly attending the operations and logistics of the Kingsguard rather than active duty
DuyjRpGq759y3oY7WVIAIaAqz_ugkF-16wM5cak4mLAwY1sqNAhNnIK4WymT8Kby6KE0UiOdclSuy6e8nQVYpt3UC_DcJ_GZZiNCRx44vBDjauMymNSPIQSVKPMmW7deCE4EPVc6

• Ser Allard (55) of House Royce, assigned to guard the life of Prince Rhaegar on Dragonstone
99QPLYev-qCEQrgUfMKceV89ZvpO6zwNu266GJLkpIuN2BlpBaQx-hBRfKMO1hGczILGvE21vsdPVBVItHKFdMayo5aw3XNdtkI-OvzIj2j7yIy5vazzrB2sNuylr5xo-03V_4Df

• Ser Runceford of House Rhysling (44), assigned to guard the life of Prince Viserys
SGMoDRUdRdHBnxgqr4P1Y97ef-EWyAYjkJwjhd2qJgI0x8ATipVA33azfnuU2Ul3davzS-vV7OEckctIlcuKYaOo8f74wN_qLu4L4bx2I-xRROppRi9cOlS6lrpg5SYEYLmIxUZm

• Ser Damon (42), son of a bastard-born son of Lord Tymond Lannister of Lannisport, assigned to guard the life of Prince Aegon in Essaria
JmbQfZEYxDmm70sEu8FRRGUqBh0LMz-mg2WQ9UqZ4eBHWnANsWfSou1PB26qlk4z37_lHAQEqlQcMvrM5GLRT0VA-TtER0Haig6yGEPC4yL6JOWP068bVEXPnYU01fwvE-iX2xn0

• Ser Dickon (38) of House Shett (Gulltown branch), assigned to guard the life of Prince Edderion in North Valyria
D6fF2j7Ir31OreuTsJ2joHa_GEr4q80OiiKHE_xHsZrcEcLBsO9WpG5VQEvLaYIFIC48yMCgFLTtCTqcQgLVbKzSiv0YudSupg_F9jZya8eKIdWHjny85gyJw6alTSNa0-yYnpv1

• Ser Corbyn (36) of House Dayne, assigned to guard the life of Queen Daenerys
EjDEC72n9XkZZOZV28Gosvph3XCPRw_iEq4XerWAwrNkq_wAOpDEOoXS8pJvFqPCnGGAOOCRFAt6cI-cPz8359GwDDaSz9uoTIavk7slF1vLJNGYbdoc9DuUHFKTNYFGT_AY6p7R

• Ser Victor (26) of House Tyrell, second son Lord Paramound Medwick of the Reach, assigned to guard the life of Queen Daenerys
tMdkRoppLKSH68KDrnr1xsP7dZeDpq8y1lAdSf2BK29D3Nlt5VUth40G-oqpMbTp2koTu1vxzbxicV_Ke3Kl4PjtP3qFoA3y6tmOEG19OToV7-r4tJiibquzDqetpvF5w3e-DDVz

The Small Council in the year 360AC​

g3RQonWkQ6CDbl95nnWdnoaAx0MB-vNI4JJomZykQu6FnUos0A1Vnsb7v4mvfeQhGOrxxZ71TunDQ8t7kNNSmNuTraChFVjyKidD83jOfSDNtCVKIsx2k-ZUc3pMehiJXTpxNCIY

3 This excerpt was taken from the Atlas of Ice and Fire, an extensive geographical work by maester Werthead (further referred to as Atlas)

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions:
The Crownlands: Notable Events in the Crownlands: The Dragons Union

Notable Events in the Crownlands

The Dragons Union​

One of the first royal decrees issued by the reinstated Targaryen Queen was a royal pardon for the House Blackfyre. As that infamous branch was then thought to be extinct, the decision must have raised quite a few eyebrows.

It all became clear when the Queen sent for the son of the sellsword named "Griff" called "Young Griff". It was later revealed that "Griff" is Lord Jon Connington and that "Young Griff" is not his son, but instead a boy presumed to be Aegon Targaryen, the son of Prince Rhaegar and his first wife, Elia Martell.

But then the Queen sanctioned the arrest of none other than Captain-General of the infamous Golden Company on the grounds of conspiracy and sedition against the Throne. It has been proven that the Golden Company was planning an invasion with the purpose of putting “Aegon, son of Rhaegar” on the Iron Throne. Among the possessions of the captured Captain Lysono the long-lost sword of Blackfyre was found, proving that Aegon was indeed not the miraculously survived son of late Prince Rhaegar, but a Blackfyre pretender. Further investigation revealed that he was, in fact, the only son of Prince Illyrio Mopatis of Pentos and his late second wife, Serra, who was a descendant of the line of Maelys the Monstrous. Her brother, Lord Varys, who had extensive knowledge about the whole ordeal, was ultimately pardoned and even reinstated as Master of Whispers. He died peacefully in the year 338AC at the impressive age of 81.

Aegon, now properly known as Blackfyre, was covered by the aforementioned royal decree and therefore pardoned. He was granted the lordship of Harrenhal that had stayed without a master since the death of the last Lord Whent.

VFXpzYpIVhnVpb07jlvaGYAdapNI7moK6ULA14luM2t4buzt734-IkL0LKnOzuDxjXZ5xwBMEfgMbaFeVaauP7AaRRKj16AdPfr2RJ7Sg__ei6qlhGlrf4SKe9URs3m35gpN4fkF

He was also granted a dominion over the surrounding minor lordships and swears fealty directly to the Throne. He was also granted the Blackfyre sword.

With Aegon were pardoned and invited back to the Seven Kingdoms the descendants of the following houses:
  • Mudd, granted the lordship of newly settled Oldstones (had issue)
  • Mandrake, granted the lordship of Blue Fork (had issue)
  • Strong, granted the lordship of Fieldstone (had issue)
  • Strickland, granted the lordship of the Scorched Vale (had issue)
  • Thoyne, granted the castle of Sunwatch on the isle of Morne (had issue)
  • Fossoway (the brown batch), granted the castle of Dunstonbury in the Mandervale (had issue)
Lord Jon Connington was also pardoned, granted the castle of Connington Tower near the Griffin's Roost, but was unfortunately killed in a tourney of the same year by a hedge knight ser Ormund of Warfield (unrelated to the House Warfield of Stokeworth). He left no issue.

While staying at the Red Keep, Lord Aegon met, very clearly fell in love with and married Lady Sansa Stark, Queen's friend and handmaiden and the daughter of Lord Paramount Eddard Stark, Protector of the North and the Hand of the Queen of that time.

The union proved fruitful, resulting in three daughters and two sons.

AM4QuwymdKdZoQ0pWwBqBdtOy0fLl8FjFoRNJmuwxSlZq6tGZmlCaoBRZkRBndEKOkSY-Z70hx0kYC-z_z07fjbLYmTXa1JaVw71af9gHhfEl6219cpP0US9HPnIziBmNs6JyvFM

Their firstborn daughter, Calla Blackfyre, married the Queen’s firstborn son and heir, Prince Rhaegar Targaryen. They had one son and two daughters.

Their second daughter, Viserra Blackfyre, married the Queen’s second son, Prince Viserys Targaryen. They had one son.

Their third daughter, Rhae Blackfyre, married the Queen’s fourth son, Prince Edderion Targaryen. They had one daughter and one son.

Their first son and heir, Aethon Blackfyre, married the Queen’s only daughter, Princess Aella Targaryen, the Realm’s Delight. By the special decree their descendants are to be considered true and full-blooded Targaryens. They had one son and one daughter.

Their second son, their last child and your humble author, Vaemond Blackfyre, decided to pursue an entirely different path. After long and tedious arguments and encouragement from the Queen herself, he was finally allowed to travel to the Citadel and become an acolyte. He became a maester and then an archmaester, specialising in ravenry (and dabbling in the arcane).

Unfortunately time spares no-one.

Lady Sansa, for her kind and charitable nature called the Gracious, died in her bed on the 12th day of Ninth Moon in the year 356AC at the age of 70.

T9pX3uJq1ki4NyEZ-ywmABoB7oqkqoNYvIVddfxA-7S8MyvIYZiv83dZD8DWCP5_2ZiQFIp8ZnJuHQlMS4qbdm0OQ3gNh1D5-6l3A-WivSoJ0LZeqzqpxdXKeRAtI40VS_ySeKwb

SANSA STARK, LADY OF WINTERFELL by denvertakespics

Lord Aegon felt that loss very deeply. He became a shell of his former self and lives like a shadow, waiting for the moment to be reunited with his beloved.

5pAwuVMBDKzesJpmUuSJ94-5se6cuO2Yhoz7DHOCyVF-zUd5GVItakRFeUvcrun8M09pOGDLn13CZ2QfcyxQ4bOBjD0xEqVH_UpUtz_vnIi34gDkC1mC2asdAK9fELG3UzYeuEvt

Game of Thrones - Aegon Targaryen by Paolo Puggioni

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions:
Great update. Danny is really making use of that meta knowledge

death of the last Lord Whent.
To be a bit pedantic, the last ruler of House When was a lady Whent, at least in the books.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Well, this is interesting.

Jon and Dany got married, and their kid is dating Melisandre? How does that work with the age difference?

• 1Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions: