• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I adored hearing about the Foresters and am happy they were remembered, they probably aren't ever getting any kind of conclusion even if George finishes game of thrones, so this is better then nothing!

Though hearing Asher get burned was very painful feeling.

• 1Like
Reactions:
What happened to the Velaryons? are they alive
They are very much alive! I can't believe I forgot about them when writing about the Crownlands! :eek:
I've added my precious seahorsies to the Events in the Crownlands! Here: Tides High and Low
Thank you for reminding me of my grave mistake!

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
I would like to know about the wall and kingdom beyond it. Is it independent or vassal to Targaryens?

P.S.: After reading " The Dragonkin" I would like to know what is "The Ice Rivers" and "Ice Riverman" culture :)
They all are coming in the next update, a hope I will have time to make it soon!
But for now I can say that the Wall is no more (as seen in the North Chapter) and there are two kingdoms beyond the Wall: the somewhat reformed wildling kingdom of, well, Beyond the Wall :p, and the cannibal full-on wildling kingdom of The Ice Rivers. They are both technically vassals, but they are also both Kingdoms and not Paramount Lordships. If we all survive the events that started in Dragonkin, I have some plans for both regions (the seeds to them are already planted, specifically in the Giant's Stairs region and the Haunted Forest, hint-hint), but we'll see.

• 1Like
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
I adored hearing about the Foresters and am happy they were remembered, they probably aren't ever getting any kind of conclusion even if George finishes game of thrones, so this is better then nothing!

Though hearing Asher get burned was very painful feeling.
I also really like the Forresters and I just couldn't leave them be miserable, especially now with the state of the Telltale and all. But they seem to be cursed or something. My boy Asher really did me dirty there, I actively tried to make them all happy and he literally goes rogue on me and burns. I was pissed and sad beyond belief.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Thanks to @daenar_ , I have become aware of my horrible mistreatment of the Velaryons! I seriously don't understand how did I forget about them, but I did, and needed to remedy that ASAP, so I did that too. Please, feel free to revisit the Crownlands Chapter here:

Tides High and Low
House_Velaryon.png

• 3Like
Reactions:
What’s timeline you started?
1.1.8295, the day Rickon was born in-game. I wanted everyone to already be, but for everything to just be fine for once XD

• 1Like
Reactions:
The Wall and Beyond: The Lands Far North: Kingdom of the Free Folk: The Snow Wars

The Wall and Beyond​

Any talk of Westeros would be incomplete without the tale of the far North. With the acquisition of those lands in the year 340AC the whole continent finally fell under complete control of the Iron Throne. Let us now have a proper look at those wondrous lands.

The Lands Far North

MszeFXqKynjeGQdF1sC6ENarDB29B4TSiuC0MNcumjR6QQq3oNw7Xlg1pRgsnlJBRaGPR_zl1IRuzKFwFsT1sDXoGJnwBoq7M6zpW-b-WN3D0bd_wbLI_Rwb63gbJHPzN0I0nOHT

The lands north of the Wall are cold and remote from the warm cities of the south. To many, even learned maesters, the lands north of the Seven Kingdoms are inhospitable wastelands, their few inhabitants too savage, too primitive and too small in number to be concerned about. The men of the Night’s Watch knew better, that the northern lands are vast and it is possible to survive and live there. It is a hard and tough life that breeds hardy and tough people. Before the War for the Snow they called themselves the Free Folk, but were known to the inhabitants of the Seven Kingdoms as the wildlings. Now they are slowly being integrated and recognised across the Realm, but it is still a long road ahead.

The northern lands can be divided into three broad regions: the Lands of Always Winter in the far north and extending for over a thousand miles to the north pole; the Ice River and Frozen Shore regions on the open, cold plains west of the Frostfangs; and the more temperate, warm and better-populated lowlands of the Milkwater Valley and the Haunted Forest to the south-east.

Kingdom of the Free Folk

lnTdaNXgt1t-nOOG3agxoCS8hMeRwpF4AydzbPxzrS2hJnNHHzbv4rzLYz6WYqGqJdW2-dVnBGsIdS03FO7-z5GGLerK12r7_dgUFV-jltx9ogheJMhI6uDtOf1RKHhKAJBx9Ymg

The Lands of Always Winter terminate in a series of great lakes and rivers which, at least occasionally, thaw in the summer. They also end on the northern slopes of the Frostfangs, the greatest mountain range of the northern lands. These lands south to the Wall are considerably more hospitable than the frozen northern tundra, although they are still cold and growing crops is difficult in all but the longest and warmest summers.

The lands of the (formerly) Free Folk are divided in two by the Frostfangs. The Frostfangs extend in a slightly north-easterly direction for about 750 miles before swinging north-east for about 300 miles. The Frostfangs are tall, jagged and cold. They are also beautiful, with frozen waterfalls that gradually thaw in the spring and high mountain meadows covered in wildflowers in the summer. But in the winter they are grey, dark and uninhabitable, save for a few rumoured valleys where shelter can be found.

There are three principal passes through the Frostfangs: the Milkwater Valley, formed by that great river as it winds its way through the mountains from its source; the Giant’s Stair and the Skirling Pass.

There are numerous mountains in the Frostfangs, but one of the largest and most distinctive is Forktop, so-called for the two peaks that crown it. Some maesters claim that the Frostfangs continue south of the Gorge as the Northern Mountains, whilst others hold them to be a separate range.

The lands to the east of the Frostfangs are more hospitable. The Frostfangs shelter the lands on their eastern side from the harsh winds and cold that lash the western slopes, and there are numerous sheltered valleys along the eastern mountain flanks that are more hospitable. The best-known of these is Thenn. Located near the northern end of the mountains in a bowl-shaped valley, local geographic and climatic conditions make Thenn warmer and more habitable than most of the other lands at that latitude. It is still a hard land and the people of Thenn, known simply as “Thenns”, are certainly fierce and unrelenting warriors. They were also more sophisticated than other wildlings, mining for tin and copper, forging weapons of bronze and engaging in trade while other clans were busy with petty squabbles. They are also close to the few surviving giants of the mountains, having won their trust in ancient times. The Thenns are led by a ruler known as the Magnar, who is considered more god than king. The Thenns’ belief in their Magnar makes them more disciplined and confident than other tribes. They were, arguably, the most formidable of the northernmost tribes, at least before the Snowy War.

Further south along the Frostfangs lie great caverns and cave complexes, some natural, some perhaps dug out in ancient times. Some wildlings made their home in these caves for their natural warmth and defensive benefits until the new inhabitants arrived. The cave-dwellers filed their teeth and painted themselves unusual colours. They are also said to have worshipped bizarre and dark gods.

Running along the feet of the Frostfangs is the Milkwater. The largest and longest river in the lands beyond the Wall, the river consists of two major tributaries. The northern river’s source is in the high Frostfangs, not far south of Thenn. The Milkwater proper is born in a valley north of the Giant’s Stair, a common meeting and gathering spot for the tribes and the seat of House Weg Wun Dar Wun. The two rivers join near the Giant’s Stair and then proceed south-east before swinging south-west and flowing through the Gorge to meet the Bay of Ice. All-told, the river is over 650 miles in length. During the winters the river is a source of food for the local tribes, who engage in ice-fishing along its length. The only major crossing over the river is the Bridge of Skulls which stands in the shadow of the far western end of the Wall. Before the Snowy War the Bridge was held by the Night’s Watch and no crossing of the bridge against a determined opposition was possible. Now it serves as a major trading route. However, there are fords further north and crossing the river when it is frozen during the winter is certainly still possible if desired.

East of the Milkwater lies a vast canopy of trees: the Haunted Forest. This forest extends for almost 600 miles from the Wall to the northern lakes and rivers and is over 300 miles across at its thickest point. It is the largest woodland still extant on the continent of Westeros and is vast and foreboding. The thick trees of the forest, particularly the weirwoods, block some of the worst of the freezing cold that runs from the north or off the Shivering Sea. Other trees in the forest include ironwood, sentinel and oak.

The forest is home to many more tribes, such as the Nightrunners and Hornfoots, as well as many individual homesteads, such as the infamous “keep” of the repulsive Craster, and entire villages, such as Whitetree near the Wall. The forest is also the home to many dangerous animals. For example, direwolves can still be found in the deepest parts of the forest.

The forest is also home to ruins. The Children of the Forest lived in the woodlands for millennia, and the First Men also once dwelt there, raising ringforts for defence. The ruins of one such stronghold – the “Fist of the First Men” – can be found on a tall hill in the western forest, overlooking the Milkwater. It is currently being rebuilt and used as a primary seat of the King Beyond the Wall. Many of the tribes claim descent from the First Men and hence kinship with the people of the North in the Seven Kingdoms.

There still are no settlements large enough to be really called towns, let alone cities. This was not always the case. The better part of a thousand years ago, an enterprising wildling chieftain founded a settlement at the northern tip of Storrold’s Point, a great peninsular in the eastern Haunted Forest. This settlement was located on a sheltered bay with a deep natural harbour, capable of keeping the biggest ships afloat. The waters are filled with fish and seals, and wood and stone supplies are plentiful. There are nearby caves providing natural shelter, although the wind had a tendency to run through these caves and make unnerving shrieking noises.

Before long the settlement had turned into a great boom town, Hardhome. Wildling tribes from the interior traded there with ships from the Seven Kingdoms and even the Free Cities (Braavos, located just a couple of weeks to the south and always in need of wood, was particularly well-suited to benefit from this trade). Great trade was made in lumber and fish and word of the town began to spread. Maester Wyllis travelled from the Citadel to Hardhome and established himself there as an advisor to Gorm the Wolf, one of the four warlords who had arisen to rule the settlement. After three years Gorm was murdered and Wyllis rapidly took ship back to Oldtown, where he wrote a respected account of his time amongst the wildlings.

Three centuries before Aegon’s Landing, Hardhome was destroyed. The cause of the devastation is unclear. It is known that the town was razed to the ground and the intensity of the fire was so great that it could be seen from the Wall, almost 200 miles to the south. A vast swathe of surrounding forest was destroyed. Oddly, it appears that there were no survivors at all. What could cause the town to be destroyed so quickly and completely remains unknown.

The wildlings at that time chose not to resettle the ruins, claiming that demons and ghosts prowled the area and the bay was too choked with corpses. Maesters would later theorise that slavers from Skagos or the Free Cities had raided the town and taken the survivors away in chains, but it seems implausible that they would be able to destroy the town so completely. The truth of the affair remains a mystery to this day, but with the current effort to reestablish Hardhome and bring it to its former glory we are eager to discover the clues to this mystery.

The Snow Wars

There are still quite a lot of veterans of the War that made it possible. But the road to this war was long and treacherous.

It all started when a Magnar of the Thenns named Sigorn began his subjugation of the wildling tribes east of the Frostfangs. He was met with fierce opposition but in the year 313AC he declared himself the new King-Beyond-the-Wall and ruled with fear and pain.

hMGyEkNjr1aFadTWhbW4XZG4IASRerJCmr1r_TTB-XgDPWRJ9OuZFsFtvvmGs1BYmU_l3VHj9vK3-k5IJ_Uti2Dx_hUJDajrOYZsXy3BcJtgqEoveVPu_yALAjkPHVKlph-KWxvF

Right from the start the new realm fell into a state of constant internal struggles. Traditional battles, fair duels or dishonorable assassination - the end justified the means.

There were also whispers about a boy born to a man named Mance, a mysterious Night’s Watch deserter who tried to unite the tribes with talks of a common enemy coming not from the South but from the North. After Mance’s suspicious death his heavily pregnant wife disappeared.

BaCqoe8RCpqFFfI-hfOQdACGGpu8whwnKuXSpijlxs_jNrvRqQLCNCg7eMt1W6h0F2XCAyR-Rz9VaGWeSyCZrxqer_W_IdSfq87hj2ubBUgUHd76U6PF1ih-u77XLPjHP7dO7M4k

Mance playing the lute by Amok
Dalla by by Jason Engle (allegedly, could not locate this picture on the artist's official page)​

Years later her son by Mance reappeared with an army of his fellow Free Folk that came from the Gorge. To the Magnar’s surprise that army then marched along the Wall and camped just outside the gates of Castle Black. It was then met by another army that poured through those gates. “The Pair of Dragons” themself were at the helm, although they left the actual dragons south of the Wall. What shocked the Magnar the most though was that instead of battle both armies exchanged some awkward courtesies and marched together all the way to the valley of Thenn. And the rest is history.

Last edited:
  • 2Love
  • 1Like
Reactions:
The Wall and Beyond: The Lands Far North: Kingdom of the Free Folk: King-Beyond-the-Wall. Six Skins of Hardhome

King-Beyond-the-Wall

After the fall of the Thenns a Great Meeting of the Tribes was called. There was a lot of talking, shouting and a couple of fights, but in the end most of the tribes saw reason and agreed that peace is better than constant wars. A safe passage and a piece of land to settle in any region of their choosing was granted to any and all who would so desire.

And of course the matter of rulership was resolved with an obvious choice - Karlon, son of Mance, that very same posthumous son, now a man and a formidable warrior in his own right. From a very young age he travelled incognito along the tribes and then through the Seven Kingdoms, all the way to the Capital where he presented his case in front of the Iron Throne. That fateful meeting resulted in the Snow Wars despite the constant grumble coming from all the corners of the Realm as most of the Throne’s subjects did not understand the need for any of it.

He was permitted to style himself as a “King-Beyond-the-Wall” as a gesture of good will and respect for tradition. He also strived to act as a bridge between the North in the South and the Old North and married Lady Mina from an esteemed northern House of Umber. He did so in a fashion that honored both traditions as he came openly to her home and asked for her hand from both herself and her family and then he sparred with a family chosen champion as a nod to the tribal tradition of wife-stealing. This gesture and the subsequent intermarriages and intermingling between the northerners are slowly shifting the perspective about the Free Folk as more and more people of new generations don’t see them as “wildlings” but rather as some peculiar northmen akin to the ones on the island of Skagos.

In the end the new “royal” union proved very loving and fruitful and it would seem that Lady Mina does not hold any ill will towards her husband for his most recent “mishap”.

UjMGGMWB4Q8JDSoeieXT2a_XNk6xT8IQQShnMrzMrS1V8ehVxBAiOUyJYVZNTuH-uSs25vBVW7S445sMfyevMOaTH60oazn4lHhy2t5j9jOUffzznHAUMJ6xjtmrhXjcrxkApgq6

Mance Rayder KING beyond the wall by 1oshuart

The pair’s three daughters married into different noble Houses both North and South of the Wall and maintain close and warm relations to their parents.

ETYuoBeKVMCk7KlVYXuSfmgKl0NUI3jR1ROHh1I06UO_-HQfubmKG8CnemCbuNysSqqhOtTSWUTV7KG16MkB7RvPxWsTEMWbYMpY-4R7Gi21JyR4gjwZAR5ROjohOM-B6uQQ2jAI

vU2aQtgJV43Y7Lncds3pclA1ERnnXkFCruAzDs5_PZSVPp0oypmbpWXgRLpiNe0y0fAQ_-5bgLpSTeM0anjZQNkfWqtsUq7XQmOvfhoojczpPigCoEK5Ze11UYtQRb6lQ6fr3dtI

fV2xPWoSd44UWGZSvoGxpZUA0s5SjMfAnnWASfvfHPaPPFnAwh-YR2Hzo_7V55fK3GpG-8zCAv-IDeGGPlcdAZNaS0N0rMNLWMSWtCOJamq7qVTS1VYluufqMEYLl6l9B_M7Mgln

The younger son, Harmon, is also very fond of his father. The feeling is mutual and King Harlon is very supportive to the pair in their dark time.

sBJntKTjFO7rEzqhcJPmYICCHnQLudj6v3h9GrcKSGIEhGUNObcaNMl6VeqH59Wjm_Skmx4sCJ5v5Q_0h_lcBd3NhVP39gJq81Y4-2LdTPkORtaDvV4QJVCvC_S2WZzz9b7OaID6

It is not the same with the heir apparent though. He (arguably quite fairly) hates his father for a bastard he put in the belly of his own son's wife and even named said bastard after himself.

wbcvtolCYYArGviabIdUNWK2coXB5tJp0_yeu0-hrWHNFCqUBTKE3ZaWjD1XGidz8wZBhB07Oxm7ENWzLDvTYam0oqpoL2O7HTegkdE-QrXO2_7MT9dOXqUo8UnzfpyYY1TfQwsm

Prince Mance’s own bastard daughter was born before his marriage. She is married to the heir of Hardhome.

Wenxdhzz-iUSGRmZHj2CduIk5tBrCgl5DapCWi-Ht4ieF6c4n-aeBKxVJtlJk989p6M4FDvdd6yxu0zPRkKF588b7Q4Pk1IMOIeMVz388z9dbmuphuV4cwBxX0dMPtMrqRA0S_AN

Six Skins of Hardhome

Hardhome sure is a turbulent place. After its initial abandonment it was resettled by a group of people led by a powerful warg named Varamyr. He was the one to lead an attack on the Wall that ended in deaths of both himself and his wife and the capture of his son.

zNB-X4zHo3lMfmaJBzC3lGnJDUe3Be-33HtS-vQ3ofpJGSE1OcL51KWRMvM5yh3AHhVxpVobJPKGT3NQMXD0DN5qWVz0AJpxVgIriyVzFc0wmlRz0u5AQNh5QkTXJ0hOsRxWhYL0

A song of ice and fire - Varamyr Sixskins by Abend86

His poor daughter hid away in a small hillfort deep in the forest and died there at the age of just eight and ten. Her husband lived there after that. He never remarried and his only child abandoned the keep after his death.

1JqQSqQX6Yf2OIVwqtElsXia4a1Yh5zxXCpGC8sqi2FKt7eH68eJjOqEIGrKHIoyufmm8_fr9vcyfAiDtp33OBR31s4otp-UKL6nhHyw9fjgtbrJyyuNDvu-Anc9PCUI-QOnOEAr

After the Unification of the Tribes Varamyr’s son Vayon returned to his father’s home. He was given resources and manpower to begin the enormous task of rebuilding Hardhome to its legendary state. A flock of maesters also descended onto it in an effort to finally understand what actually happened there all those years ago.

Ajgj0OkSKr-o5AFSoJUb8sxi5bwajyzsn4xpvj0F2z0n5GfSnc1ZYnofPkG--BI8jF2navh0srprVoOVIwvQKesUT6QW3D25kqJpVojFoENHuzzF0iShN7-gt1UK8mqvdh6vaPNs

The current Lord of Hardhome is Alaric, Lord Vayon’s oldest son. He is married to Lady Aliona from Ruddy Hall, half-sister to the King-Beyond-the-Wall himself.

NeOlEcHSLcmv9-ekcLS3BijOs7VzOwbz6_s0O-CKB0OeBMlGkKfgdZYyj2DXnR8c6p3Col4zLWvDoigiHGw9piSAICAaBjfszvr987LRRLxa76rvFsJP2Ie64_78PM2YkF3Jy5px

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
The Wall and Beyond: The Lands Far North: Kingdom of the Free Folk: Mead-Kings of Ruddy Hall

Mead-Kings of Ruddy Hall

There would be no King-Beyond-the-Walls if not for the Tormund Giantsbane of Ruddy Hall and his brood because that was exactly the place Mance’s wife Dalla fled and found both shelter and love. Tormund once thought to make himself King-Beyond-the-Wall, but he was defeated by Mance, a feat that earned them both respect from one another, so after Mance’s demise his staunchest supporter fought tirelessly for his friend’s son.

A man of big appetites, Tormund was married thrice, all the while having children “with the bears” as his marriages seemed to be cursed. His first wife was killed by a leader of another tribe, his second - by an upjumped leader of the other, and his third was the killer of his first.

plIm3n5H5H2d4m1OOYDCAEbZmqoHw8WlerGgPayp8CaRc0VYAqGBLo0GCoIDmx2DnAvkOct2h8wrAc6bqJN9Xjt9es2FG85wmzv079kI025qT4fd0nhL3ngGusHQMCE8y5ZZj-nD

Tormund Giantsbane by Ryan Valle

Many of his children were sent on missions across the Gorge to win support for the future King.

On one of those trips Tormund’s son Toregg the Tall met his Lady Mormont. He was so amused by the tales that Mormont women sleep with bears that he laughed himself into marriage and stayed on the Bear Island (more about them can be found in the North Chapter).

Tormund’s daughter Munda took the same road as she fell in love and married a Liddle. Her death broke lord Rickard and he drank himself into a stupor every waking hour. In his last year he somehow mistook one of his washer girls for his wife, conceived a son and died a year after his birth.

4EOW3yOW2AiH337JgLnnehs2TjXbhfDQfJqvvTrGTX6ShwI-rkbfuBEAaNJDZ3bgG4iOtnkna4YK0qIn2BIjBdW5Wr6QVjyKlW6iskUrJUe352USTdPdRxpTijEMOKUGRvDaGt-9

After Tormund’s death his youngest son Dryn was elected as an overlord of the Lower Frostfangs tribes. He was married to lady Thyri the Tall Talker who claimed descent from the Thenns just because she came from the valley of Thenn. Tragically Lord Dryn died just two years after his father. Lady Thyri remarried to her husband’s brother who succeeded him.

C56qz0_1SLU73S06vgmyluzHlE9oFf5czIq-HWiRWRr1WZ3SrRMifqRlVBBD9CkINC65eO7loGWsw1JTjBnh1plIuuXgPkNbsOoDIGOMRg06vWSYKdqBlUJ0JGGTXVBJzaPF2zEk

Dormund was already a widower himself. His first wife, Val, was a sister of that same Dalla, Mance’s wife and future King’s mother.

K92UMojGpdJ7Cncd1Dm36bNVO7cxtHscNwtWocag6TOwstYKTRHb3fyGsRo3URC_HaQbxytiwiporO29SWg1gK9bFpSwLU5H52w6_gRA5vyVlM1uN1cHeH3p5MeGvslqoO_CCfEW

Val by Drazenka Kimpel

Dormund’s daughters all married into notable families on both sides of the North.

CLSZdfw-YOhqp0w4n8tXF0ffW_DuCd9jxhS4efQbtSdD8bJTzIqcdZCCEo4bYkKaUR533bt97P0B09dWpFRbcUCR_qSMwlrWB1ZMPEW4vjWc7ilrcrNi2faXZ8G3g_aePOXgG7vM

7kpuwag8Ubff5wMOWzGNUhbe1J_V6VZWej78A_11MnWigPFhbivVcQRHBsaLgvuHfVoGOUoRxLYl4_X_IoI2Eo2se9K6k2LQKvH5lo646o7VehGnMBEXE0O8B2klmuHIfFBRHF9-

Igcyp0jV_xak9SZq6VL-4ObHVGVrK2ih9LpYv-7FpcTNWrxmg7X8BfH-UmminrLKMvkA-jT4ylAjmyHwtQkLMj9EJcve0t7a4GHdGuoBpMRdzeIrIqUp_WvF-08fa1nZlBPTSSdF

Dormund’s son Tormund married his cousin, Lady Spruce of House Rayder, King Karlon’s daughter. The pair lives with the bride’s side at the Fist of the First Men.

L_wTfz0d6Z6aCSyV_nbmjt1On1rTGaMrtxcq81YlHnjQOfPlsv1xnVJLOEsWd4iDfMYyIAij2o58xIxbpoGTBm3RM65HmvpaxnJI_G7ki3l9YjOEOqtXcwn_VOdU19xn33p8Y-mM

Their son Sygurrd is married to lady Lyarra of House Manderly, herself a widow of another tribe’s late leader, Toramun. Toramun’s first wife and Toramun himself died under rather questionable circumstances, and Toramun’s and lady Lyarra’s infant son was outright murdered. It was discovered that the boy was killed by Toramun’s cousin (as were probably Toramun and his first wife as well). As an ultimate punishment, insult and humiliation imaginable among the Free Folk, the killer was made to take the black and sent to Westwatch-by-the-Bridge.

BYt7LVwU1WpposvD5mu-ExGPjYgGI3bCTp6W2LUZ4fWp6Wm1ds1DVO4qjfCXUc-Kt5kYjPR7I3tsj_ZDOiJjfWnbf-hKJuDuXiFiXfR5zTMmUlfh7xspN5jDHnoqqETzIIuFW6OY

After the Unification, Dormund, already ravaged by an unrelenting tumor, abdicated in favor of his older brother Torwynd, future King-Beyond-the-Wall’s step-father, but Torwynd died in the last month of the same year.

Lord Torwynd and his beloved Lady Dalla had two children together.

Lady Aliona’s marriage at Hardhome is already covered above.

8bC7TZgtBxB8I-kjMVc8YywGo8UtzH1TIPlF_GJr-Y5gR35yJZsQrmNGhgpDhWZCNPNF8YlXeYQuqvENGID4x4QmoxirGjU1YLLGb4KCr1Kqex2ki1Sr4j7sE-vst29jog1s2mcf

Dalla by by Jason Engle (allegedly, could not locate this picture on the artist's official page)​

Lord Theo, who succeeded his father as the Lord of Ruddy Hall in the same year that his half-brother became the King-Beyond-the-Wall. It would seem that Lord Theo is still deeply hurt from grooving up in his brother’s shadow and hates him with a passion bordering on madness. He was heard more than once that he considers his brother his one and only rival.

IZh3uYZ3BcdxYXY0x08IbYc48AdjQhgKvy9XryMhyYvQBgnTNXf9tzkRKC3dc9lRgSMeIxOdN-VSxUpQAIOJQi2EWgyT3dYDfU5D10jmBT7JHpnccX8UUZDIUpwpnMHSoF7NdBWJ

Lord Theo’s daughter Lady Beinerra is married to Lord Edwyn of House Stark of the Shadow Tower.

YuVv8hOXUAMAEHgVIz9Zh1CPepHMP-W1zIHWznd1JuXWUYIZVFo1lvgeA0QgoTpuBYPD-DDcMsClVGCFIs4Q6Vmf-qVHkVe6-OxvEvm6EL5iRizAYEtxt8RIOFYiJ7ZCKfU1tv18

Lord Theo’s “bear-born” lives in a hillfort near the edge of the Gorge. It is said that ih has a stunning view on the Bay of Ice.

SjpgS13sFXJXfpGHCaVOd5fw21u1pVC-3pbKLat0mtvkV3tjillHEvtKKv3k-RP3rVmmPv1N4-Qg8dO46N-z5Ta3bprV_hWA4DE4YrqWCSDfKUjDAl0yRuWA2p2mLNBSfQPm53X3

Lord Theo’s heir Sigorn and his wife Aly are yet to have a son. It is rumored that Aly is not particularly fond of her husband but is definitely fond of wild parties and carnal pleasures and that she may be very skillful in making sure that no other child would hinder her care-free life.

_NtL7qTf3iti1HkEyBoPUU3TaGfS-fXHSEOl6mDj6mYs259lOdrhfho-zW-V5jHNt6jt4ROJ-Qa0O5onzqJ0-TlzDInGsETE6VEofdqAlRAWWBZoPzfHv4o75xKTH-fOCAMaqE3z

Lord Theo’s second son already does have a son of his own despite the fact that his wife is ten years his senior and twice a widow.

s7aFEsy09MfGaBcM-ZCFIeaK2wyGFTs0Y9-oKYFZtEuj3RLvg2efKBIGVTggyMm1240Q-R9nch2bo9612bqAX1qmB3B7lsT8rscvOG09A_aq3qvZJygKzPON_JLo_yi8I7UJnRL0

Last edited:
  • 2Love
  • 1Like
Reactions:
The Wall and Beyond: The Lands Far North: Kingdom of the Free Folk: The Monsters of Craster’s Keep. Thenn Thousand Strong

The Monsters of Craster’s Keep

One particular “tribe” is closely linked to the Ruddy Hall, but not in the usual sense of blood relation but rather by bloodshed.

After the infamous “Lord Craster” was finally taken to the seven hells, his “keep” went to his daughter-wives. But instead of feeling liberated, they continued the vile practice of infanticide by luring men (often brother of the Night’s Watch) into their home and then leaving the resulting offspring in the blizzard.

BcRj-oMiXD23DDm5pfN_ti8sLj2vq98KW4PXwGdjpT4BgjN-9DND7kkcf-05e6piFtGZN9YlTducrBa5pgqsLcND34Hjt4BIf2lKlzdoWoLQ1lY1HDfBu9LlaNJJTMyT4iS12YPj

Craster by Amok

As part of his mission to raise awareness of his late friend Mance’s message about the Enemy to the North, Tormund Giantsbane of Ruddy Hall took it upon himself to eradicate this blight. He descended on the “keep” with a raiding party, capturing some and scattering the others into the wind.

FptRWsSVwad0QhR5VkjzV_XW_Nntov8H5CZpVo5ML-hb1OfrKK1wExMT0oQiBsJUgOK8JqNGWVhQ02hShclPxT5vj8UM2OBY_sx3d2gjzX-R05KFD9vbnJfAYZxfFUtWTvaqi3Cg

While he was at it, one of his raiders named Jorakul decided that he would very much like to be the new Craster and captured the homestead along with Tormund’s wife. When Tormund returned, he found his wife’s body hanging along with those who stayed loyal to Tormund, and Jorakul delirious with fever. Tormund then put the keep to the torch, left Jorakul bound naked in the snow just outside of reach of the ring of warmth and left the place for good.

JbgdTRdkuUWiiR21tGa5MolqyVb5PcYob5Jhk3s6MTFGjxJLxYqBhCvCndIz6VRfzv_rwLO7uAuUHNPYRZPeQbb80oUzFkye7bgWhIEPblg0Y9gpghH3HS1cQ4PU4ckyCFP84p9L

The only known sister-wife of Craster to have escaped was poor young Gilly. She fled south and even managed to marry the Lord of Crow’s Edge. But she died at the young age of just twenty years from a rapid growth that ate her away. Her grandson Cley is the current heir of Crow’s Edge.

n2_RyC40TPP7QiElJE-5ORuNgRK4jIUt74nDTEn4QSEvsAFDZWSnD9ZJLnZVcWDCXrMZ6AW9yONzcP2W4bBsbWmCv8SNgednYm7tTvY-XZ3-Fx6yDQmue9eUpl-v-XvCn--I44Hu

It’s close proximity to the Wall makes the place a prime location both for trade and more nefarious deeds. So when the fires had raged off and the ashes were blown by the winds a new group settled on the hill where Craster’s Keep once stood.

QoMKG7yXM0P4XgRbnHXAHVfKJNx6E0aFQERdEQjde2q-JzFC3s2KbcAaqrakRvmpLsoviz6bd4Vt7LZgQ1VD0NLUOdxpECFf79BIZ5Men7aZkY7UHKHvlTzQodBltG4-apbcpdHd

After The Unification they were allowed to stay despite their predecessor’s reputation because no child should be held accountable for the deeds of their forebears.

a4YTlgotOUht0dK_QJAswyD5xy8YXSNEwWjFHW1KzPWGDdd_svsjfdDFwrmej18RZGc1vkVE40bRbl-h6kJ7nRIlQpyeMEzXtrcOZdc4v7eIktFKnjnCN2FL3tfuZbh6BpbJsvfK

Thenn Thousand Strong

After being deposed by the united armies, Magnar Sigorn saw it as the will of the Gods and lived out his life in the Thenn valley with drink and women.

98URDNNTGRYu2teU-3HOKF8wvd_MFlk_yut5DzlwYcZevcJGCpM72HLHSxQ4ud97SiSsRpLNBvvWVUm-EoXezbVIhXjyj-atVworEvj5qQbu1Oi9SXAnsNk_8sHTQB8JzMzxOiFz

His son Styr seems to be content with his place as well.

a3kH9iNVX2eNzlbB4KwHA0RxNFjyuj8I5p7UkTzziUoD53VcD9hEU4Yisu12ZNR-ZriiVVXjK_ga7cwF73Tfiz8dXNH_dghdv11iQRFD7QghcxchDkRKjOrr9wzE6Tr48ouBduSr

But not all of the former “King’s” progeny were and are willing to abandon what they see as their birthright. Sigorn’s grandson An is dead set on both avenging his father and reclamation of the throne. He stole Sigorn’s blade, the horrendous Skeenpeeler, and is now travelling from one tribe to the next hoping to gather enough support.

qzRq6Tkd97GhN686Lu7cgPkc7XfXnMptRp3VC8wHhqYk6jeVNHN-0DvaILFlkOdP6VlJHdYAQjIBr6sfBszgjULDRpfkSvqdYUH0LqqWILuRHGJCAQSxk57kOdbEzhF6w7uzjQpG

Last edited:
  • 2Love
  • 1Like
Reactions:
The Wall and Beyond: The Lands Far North: Ice Rivers: Seal of Disapproval. A Coiled Snake

Ice Rivers

Uw9DmfjcW5yKsyUn6Ok97TiuMClFTAOGwXo6tgvqK2fFiWx-NYYdQwkSZHzKZTYTUKKEHzgzwwnfpQJa72VCykRMD2Msq6xBP9dToGgaT-Wh5XSNnM_Nq1RHHovUXE26daW4N-gt

The lands to the west consist of cold, open plains and hills through which run a series of rivers. Although far more hospitable than the Lands of Always Winter to the north, these are still sparse and bare lands.

Two groups of wildlings live in this region.

The Ice River clans live around the great rivers, carrying out fishing and, during the winters, ice-fishing to survive. The Ice River clansmen are said to feast on human flesh (although it is unclear if this is reliable or just rumour). The Ice River (or rivers) flow south out of the heart of this region into the Sunset Sea west of Bear Island. The coastline around the mouth of the river and east to the Frostfangs, including the entire northern coast of the Bay of Ice, is known as the Frozen Shore.

The Frozen Shore is inhabited by a different culture of wildlings, men and women who ride chariots made of walrus bone and pulled by gigantic dogs (reportedly as big as direwolves, although this may be exaggeration). They clad themselves in sealskins and breed reindeer. There are several Frozen Shore tribes: one adorns itself with walrus tusks, another with reindeer antlers. The “Great Walrus” is the name given to the leader of the walrus tusk tribe.

The tribes of the Frozen Shore usually do not get along with one another or the Ice River clans, and internal warfare is common. They are also known to build primitive boats to raid Bear Island and Sea Dragon Point to the south, although after the Snowy War the reports of these occurrences are in a rapid decline. According to some legends, the ironborn may have tried to conquer the Frozen Shore in ancient times but, if so, they were rebuffed.

A promontory on the Frozen Shore is known as Lorn Point. Its precise location is unclear, but some mappers identify this as the largest and southernmost peninsular on the shore, separating the Bay of Ice from the Sunset Sea. Redwyn, a ranger of the Night’s Watch, undertook a long journey from the Shadow Tower to Lorn Point during which he met and traded with the Children of the Forest. The report is considered fanciful; if Lorn Point is that promontory, it is well over 500 miles (as the wolf runs) west of the Shadow Tower.

Seal of Disapproval

When the united armies were done dealing with the Thenns, whey came for the ice river clans. Their leader, a man named Devyn of the Seal tribe, saw the futility of resistance and reluctantly bent the knee. When the previous power decided not to go back into the ice and stay in the Upper Frostfangs, the Ice River clans were emboldened and declared Devyn the “King of the Ice Rivers”, similar to the King-Beyond-the-Wall.

7UBULkT-96QfeNVHlnkxv5JnNf1M1etBCwDkJCTPCMQrtfe_H8N2RU4jHQ3Vmy6QrmboDBxEehMbeB-3jRkC19ZjI0pbEd9UuBwP_o1mXzuMqWSJrvv4BFpB9o9mjrq5Kg5Huzls

It would seem that “king” Devyn’s only daughter did indeed run away to the bear island, so the girl Gnila that married Ser Ramsay the Bear is actually a princess of a sort.

PmKmy_bnFHkJQQPa5EA-GIvTDcWJ7IvuJ3P0Wj9eOieFwxJIxeRMYrGmu0emXULorqGamskKHYQPkr6uvMdCzWBJBRXz0Vz89q_KUCvTX0xRLpvCFjoJlYo1Y0dDdwtqtq0UjnmW

“King” Devyn’s brother dwells on the shores of the Bay of Ice. He has three sons so when the time comes the future “queen” Gnila will have a healthy opposition, a factor that might have driven the anxious girl to run in the first place. There is hoping that her husband has enough bravery for the both of them.

2xWrjBLZ8hQUkRxxuOJnK5dBtZAGzHRfFScfLtC3995f8eT_qluxSzr8B-TZHZjkexWOVBYX5bvR8QvYb3E13LYtIG-oQxFM_V_QlTsWSS_aejldXIrIao7NctPow9dXcFFu8wf8

A Coiled Snake

“King” Devyn’s younger half-sister (a daughter of his mother, Ice Cat), Coiled Snake of the Walrus tribe, is another kind of woman entirely.

To better understand this peculiar situation, we must look back a few generations.

There once was a chieftain. the Great Walrus of the Frozen Shore. He was married to a “Proud Bitch of Eglia”, despite the fact that Eglia is a province on the Essarian border and it is highly unlikely that anyone from that region could've come all this way up North.

ryWUpC8BiQqKvBiJ3P2-BJzvJYGnEixmMUiws2eGRfGKThP5KB9A3NQ1WrW6vJDsQv6ZwWtPETshJ2_vg2dufEzl-0W6FdLVRzy1FzXTu8-uV1_nVonWxnsC36mMsovh3u8KafrA

Great Walrus had two sons, Young Walrus and Little Walrus, and a daughter, Ice Cat.

Ice Cat was married off to the Ice River tribe of the Seal to broker some kind of truce.

After Great Walrus’ death his sons divided the Frozen Shore between themselves. Young Walrus became the chieftain of the proper Frozen Shore tribe but died at the age of seven-and-twenty from a festered wound after losing his eye on a hunt so his daughter Laughing Gull became the chieftess of the Frozen Shore.

jvdb3VPB2R6pCJlvsuLl4BfACcbK2VV6Nd3mOJ4ZbJE0L9u5B_qSDouUqEr8o9AapfN0zcD1EL3vayO4x8POfqcbpiqT2uz9PcwEPID2n_n_Tlo39QMGGlY9TSSX0cdV9Wp998G7

Young Walrus of the West Shelf was married twice, but only managed to produce one daughter before a bone rot took his life. Soon after his poor little child started to exhibit violent outbursts and even more violent convulsions (for which she was given her milkname) before finally dying at the age of just two years.

MkZy-fGb0ef0C0gOXGxz-oHOPTR51_ti6gNNMvjB8BGqR7LlgFcbuMkdCZ2wNwohO91XPxWE8dreFIxk0fdz92CF_hU0zq0CV6od5ipAcpWqWXKfTDNdj4loms_8xrYiDeLz0eOY

So the chieftess Laughing Gull became the matriarch of the Walrus tribe of the whole Frozen Shore. She then made a power move that was supposed to cement her place as a chieftess because she believed that no-one would’ve wanted to mess with their new chieftain - an actual giant, one of the last remaining giants in the ice lands. It is unknown whether or not the marriage was consummated but given the fact that Laughing Gull is still alive it is safe to bet that it probably was not (although some of the more… inquisitive maesters are very upset by the fact that the pair remains childless).

o1fWViv09QncESKv7zO0oqRo4sPEL5UNcqdE26pv52i2_puIBWVD-QbQdx-6G9fd4rb6k0gGJDol4rgripAHaQIc0e4XulLzIMvUo-4xlm4YjF3Hw74ZIFBy1b_a_8TM-mRAiyBx

Her kinswoman Coiled Snake did not care for that scare tactic at all. Born to an unknown father and an only daughter of the Great Walrus himself, she believed the Frozen Shore to be her birthright. And she actually managed to press that claim after gathering support within the tribe and riding her dog sled right through Laughing Gull’s yurt. It is said that with the birth of her children she lost her initial audacity and some claiming that she became an outright coward, but the Great Chieftess of the Frozen Shore is still known as the Spearwife and obeyed without question to much annoyance of Laughing Gull.

bKczogrJo9jO45GDqyrMBFZUjzGUBja3AwNZhqSTC6hgKuWb_ZzfqEbjq_vHEHrlZRm7I-lzl-MRVSOsxBUX9Q5IUd8NlRKz-b5Mnwm-fLJm3MxYNpK4UnfuBnCi-dyrJH-dabEU

Coiled Snake’s son and heir seems to take after her. This daring young man stands to inherit the whole Frozen Shore after the Laughing Gull’s death and is seen by some as a potential pretender for the whole “throne” of the glaciers.
l2d3X7iMSOuLeFS6N-D7JQ_jw4oMmMNvSrkYM8TacAEaSPhusl0JzsUKKh4pG7tV0e_PYq2SqRUnuSgamt62fSy634KW90J4dVSVRLWBTTBh1xicTeNI_JKjM_48m9HZwwMI2usA

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
The Wall and Beyond: The Return of Magic: Think of the children. A wooden face, corpse white. Nanos gigantium humeris insidentes

The Return of Magic

But I suspect, my dear leader, that you didn’t sit through another boring chapter about geography or genealogy just for the fun of it. Of course you are here to know if the rumors about the return of magic are true.

They are.

Think of the children

It was long speculated that the Royal Couple met with the Children of the Forest while on their campaign beyond the Wall. It is high time to put these rumors to rest.

It’s true. They did.

EImG3V1870TXpUbfpjICvCAZU6J0owNT_MV4UIj9xSSiNTami6XZsJPd2-E3bTT08A3IKYtMpTQirJMfpH65wgsh_Xlc62V1v7A0lmBDz1QjSxLuTamMZI4w_sfWFJjXG618tOUD

Children of the Forest by Blu-Oltremare (author's original DeviantArt unfortunately unavailable)

One of them was present as an advisor at the Great Meeting of the Tribes and some might say that her voice was decisive in bringing the people together against their true common enemy. As part of the private agreement with the Throne a good chunk of the Haunted Forest is now considered officially sacred and belongs to the Children in all fullness of the laws of gods and men.

A wooden face, corpse white

The Royal Couple also met with the mysterious Greenseer. His dwelling within the Children’s territory is now a sanctuary and a place of study to other people with a greensight. It is also fully equipped with a proper ravenry and a glass candle. And a proper pedestal for the ancient Sword.

SMLIQP9FDWWEoTFtJlgoB2cQqK9oVOQyrJtSvYrfw1iNUQZIPU1wfmwwX9uSZtVJOks0iUAtjIDEO_nbQjof5GH1rBxCIQemYsduJq3ZxONx3P7_sR_e7FhD458h58Sj7wNo1UmP

The Last Greenseer by Karen Petrasko

Nanos gigantium humeris insidentes

Another surprise for the southern readers would be our new noble houses of Weg Wun Dar Wun and Mar Tun Doh Weg from the slopes of the Upper Frostfangs. Not only are their names a mouthful, but they are indeed actual giants. Not the dreaded Mountain or the esteemed Umbers but an actual between ten to fourteen feet tall giants covered in a shaggy pelt of fur. Giants speak the Old Tongue of the First Men and right now are no doubt grumbling in it as a steady stream of maesters is trickling up to their mountains to learn everything they can about it and them. Also a lot of the giants are vegetarians.

After being driven from their homes in the icy glaciers of the Ice Rivers and the Frozen Shore, the giants came east to join their legendary heroes in the united armies and later became Lords in the Mountains. Their voices held very high regard during the Great Meeting.

fiDDWqD7ml3aWfjigRqGAK3JPrP9Ryf6NqkBNCaUbVLKdIzhoojETHnA5uXuMa_bLdrQkaZwzkNkEhKEHt9gFsPpopyieMrQJBQY7MmcX22IXTwGI2yoRr21_G0sCukFyt7pqx24

(Picture found on Pinterest, if anyone knows the author, please contact me)

iSLf5wUQ84XQZMRi-nwMQ90f7J--ENNeJt0Gyr9HjMFtob0J0iWP2dwhE6QBg56wqulf2l_SlsvgmksMeBbgKsk-uPKo5ia3wblTtkeiwQWVxqujg2WoFbHO4t2vudHgcXYJ9AgO

(Picture found of Imgur, if anyone knows the author, please contact me)

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 2Love
Reactions:
The Wall and Beyond: And Now Their Watch Has Ended: Recent Lords Commander

And Now Their Watch Has Ended

The Wall, according to tradition, was raised eight thousand years ago at the end of the War for the Dawn, to bar the return of the mysterious Others from out of the Lands of Always Winter. The sworn brotherhood of the Night’s Watch was formed to defend it and hold back the darkness beyond.

Nineteen castles run along the base of the Wall, but at the time of the Unification of the Tribes only three were permanently-manned, a consequence of the declining manpower of the Night’s Watch. Each of the castles guards a gate and tunnel through the Wall, but the tunnels in all of the abandoned castles had been filled with rubble and ice so they had to be excavated and rebuilt in order for them to be used to pass under the Wall again.

The Night’s Watch also controlled all of the land south of the Wall, coast to coast, for 150 miles. Originally Brandon the Builder granted the Watch all the lands south for 75 miles as the Gift, or Brandon’s Gift, but this was doubled by Queen Alysanne and King Jaehaerys I, with the new stretch known as the New Gift. The Gift consists of a huge stretch of farmland, forest, pasture and, in the west, mountains. At one time this land was heavily farmed and home to many thousands of smallfolk toiling to support the Watch, sending grain and ale and milk up to the Wall. Centuries and millennia ago, the manpower of the Night’s Watch was comfortably counted in the tens of thousands, with men willingly choosing to serve with honour and distinction. When Aegon the Conqueror landed, ten thousand men stood guard on the Wall.

But that number has dwindled and in the year 340AC only around a thousand men guarded the entire length of the Wall, most of them criminals or exiles. With fewer men guarding the Wall, fewer farmers and blacksmiths were needed to supply them. However, fewer men guarding the Wall also meant more raiders and wildlings able to attack farmsteads and smallholdings, discouraging settlers. As a result, the Gift was largely empty and abandoned, the people moving south for warmer and more readily-defended climes.

Little by little, the Night's Watch forgot that its main mission was not the fight against the wildlings, but against the Others.

The Unification brought about the end of the Watch as it was. The whole new kingdom North of the Wall was now on the lookout for the real enemy and the Throne itself became the shield that guards the realms of men. The Night’s Watch was effectively disbanded and only the castle of Westwatch-by-the-Bridge remains under the chargeless black banner, no more an honorable place, but an ordinary penal colony for the ordinary criminals.

o6p-CFcpuNVBZtuiGaZOxQ1Q1fjEPvi3zDsnE_EBY0H95Flp3AFLEiFgemRmr2O4ib4zAB2bDKOu8jFmdnSv72Y9Vyrlu5O3pqRpdcgArBdFkIpmwBsLUafjcgiDML3wK9ZnRCYw

Westwatch-by-the-Bridge by Marc Simonetti for Fantasy Flight Games​

Recent Lords Commander

The last two Lords Commander who remembered their vows and knew about the real Enemy were:

Lord Commander Jeor the Beast Tamer, formerly of the House Mormont, who died on active duty at the age of eight-and-seventy.

fDJslD4Xj1-ji_1AsmeH1fE3Xd0boBcOnT1HzQH12_mvMpb1ZFMJsoGUOiK78kDO_qeE-zaFrqcae7S2ldU-pwYNMJdQ-nkm3oSgYrG5V1NunoL38eU6fG9vOuZhAwKSPqqNw337

Jeor Mormont by Manzanedo

and

The honorable Lord Commander Benjen, formerly of House Stark, who was slayed by a fellow black brother in a trial by combat at the age of seven-and-sixty.

QhsF0kU7Z1XOBzAQNDGHDv6B0PSVlL9raTZrJeddeJkkn0QB7mQvuyGHsT60fFJSEGTzk-ov6IpWHYSKi6fczA3qWHk-2Y2EWPAzJvjcWr_Yhm8vMFKbwCF8Dskciio0GPDpGTlx

Benjen Stark by BrittMartin

His killer, Commander Lewyn of the infamous Nightfort, abandoned his vows and married a girl from Mole’s Town. He was confronted by his Lord Commander Benjen who demanded that he send the girl back where she came from, but the traitor refused and a duel ensued. It was debated whether Lewyn had killed his Commander on purpose or if that was a tragic accident due to the extreme remorse and agitation exhibited by the perpetrator, but it was of no meaningful consequence for the outcome. Lewyn was arrested and died in the dungeons of Castle Black four months later. The girl he chose to die for was sadly reported “dead from natural causes” a mere month after his death, although the true nature of those natural causes is highly questionable.

Imzzxjz8WWnmcj5Yv8aEdcvRm4L2PCFlEiJoc9oDcJWmi7kmz9dRaN-SVs-YwYvR_U6NzBHWUR9NHyGjSndMjBxABZkRfG9XsI1Z8dSaLlt-yzMl0JSeIG5e_hhTEQcPhm6Xh1PR

The next Lord Commander was Triston, formerly of House Arryn of Eastwald. The whole ordeal with the murder of his predeccessor and the subsequent trial and death of his fellow brother that did the gruesome deed had left Lord Commander Triston in a state of deep despair. He was known to sympathize with both parties as he held Lord Benjen in the highest regard but also had three bastard children with the women of Mole’s Town himself.

m5XZsdRKEC2gt6fAO62NT_RLAMyP4DIe1220G0MLbe9r1ZAzcCdUnV_HlUb8xbuiDbks6I1f2YZodG5BBOkUTVV-F6j4PuFBQMgdAimqWDTAQRF8w-aXV3_rAl90SGaE1A64T14s

He also was the last Lord Commander to be the actual Lord Commander of the Watch. Under his command the Watch was disbanded, sentences retried and the remaining convicts sent to the Westwatch-by-the-Bridge to serve out their days as ordinary criminals toiling for their sins in the mines that were found nearby.

FmId__1KO_kTddJX5NCkelKou-U98sr9lVJLF5YuIciU5beqwFMEo81BbN7h0zx6xvpXl7XK4NwuwuriJcxb3miRS9l-sqPvTFcRMtWNGxP4Gt_cdypybci7EhZlYciT8wsn7O6x

After Lord Commander Triston’s death two years after the Night’s Watch dissolution, Lord Commander Elys, formerly of House Shett, took the post. A good man, he was actually found to be wrongfully sent to the wall by his own father after he found out about his inclination towards men (even though Lord Elys actually had a daughter, or he claimed one as her own at least). He refused to go though and asked to remain where he was, a deed that elevated him to the post of an overseer after the previous Lord Commander died.

5JOYJNDpWC1OCN5uZGQf-_QGWi7OamPkMTbuSUc6kwk1UUbsDDYW6fYURiWC_WABWhszzf_9k3wM0116XGjIF7ILzNyqVywr3LGqQtS9Xtyj--6si4N5C1toA787Vzhjzod5BXy9

The current overseer is Lord Commander Tristifer, formerly of House Vance. An ambitious man with questionable morals and disregard for any fairness of conduct, he was elevated by his fellow inmates for his proficiency with words as they hope that he would be able to weasel his way around and maybe negotiate some better deals for them, which is highly unlikely as Lord Commander Tristifer seems to care only for one person in this world - himself.

Dv31p90bHAQ7BzZu8pmbskN9OEo2BmeIZKll_oP4Q_vEPOG6-mFe5l7qN3P17idJcspoer2sc710NcSFpSTkp1doWb6Rb0bhvMNEzpV0TDoxft2C67Apy363ROHo2UkB9mlj80k0

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 2Love
Reactions:
Didn't know there are Children of the Forest in CK 2 AGOT are they playable?
If you land them, then kind of yes, but I don't know if they have any special features as I haven't tried to actually play them yet. I've also tweaked a couple of files for them and the giants to be able to spawn courtiers and marry cause they couldn't and that's sad :)

I’ll been trying get blackfyre back with aegon but I take Targaryen bloodline not blackfyre bloodline.
fAegon getting Blackfyre blood is actually from a mod Young Griff Blackfyre. Or you can just give it to him in a save file.

• 2Like
Reactions:
A very fascinating look at the realm beyond the Wall, especially the unification of the Wildlings, there's been many theories about why they're there, descendants of scouts that were sent in case the Others returned, first line of defense and whatnot. Quite interesting that a Child of the Forest was also featured hell, hell even Bloodraven himself! The fact that he ends up meeting the royal couple must have been quite tale. The conversation between Dany and this distant relative of hers would be magnificent to read, especially since Daenerys never had dragon dreams or the greensight in canon ASOIAF, Bloodraven must have been surprised at that, or potentially used blood magic from all the canon ASOIAF deaths so Dany in this timeline can manifest both Dragon dreams and the Gift.

• 2Love
Reactions: