• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Originally posted by Ape
Well, what I meant was that it is said a converter will be included in CK, to convert a CK game into EU2.
Now how unlikely is it then that GV will include a converter from EU2 to GV and GV to HoI :D.... besides Johan said somewhere that it would only take him a week to make a converter ;)

Why not ask Paradox to make it possible to make a total conversion for Vicky that spans from1419 to 1948 and ask for a CK -> Vicky convertor? :p

Originally posted by JouniL
Europe would be one color by start of HoI if you could play from CK to EU2 to HoI. So no WW2 because there wouldn't be nobody to fight for...

that depends. i never managed to conquer the whole of europe. besides, having such a long time span will alter gaming strategy considerably: "i dont have to conquer spain in the next 20 years or its over, i can wait another 100 years" ;)

Originally posted by Owl
CoW -> Legion -> CK -> ....HoI - ..... it's gradually turning into Civ 2 after all ...:p

And Johan is Sid Meier? This Swedish company thing is just a nice cover. Everybody thinks of beautiful girls and meatballs when they here the word Sweden. The fact that these great games came from Sweden stunned us so that we couldn't see the truth! Now i get it...

Originally posted by Boer
A Cold War simulation.. Now THAT would be great !!!

heh, with special issue USB red button included in the game-box. :p

Paradox is running the gambit as usual...I for one and maybe the only one would like to see them open their vaults of creativity and venture forth unto greater and more distant arenas of gaming...
Sci-fi....Fantasy even.... ( brace for impact ) I feel somewhat that we have only seen the surface of what Paradox can do and where they may go...

1. Chariots of War
2. Legion
3. (Dark Ages game missing)
4. Crusader Kings
5. Europa Universalis
6. Victoria
7. Hearts of Iron
8. (Cold War game missing)
9. (modern era game missing)

Nine great games...one big converter to link them all together? Well, why not? Imagine the power! Who could resist?

One Game (by Paradox) to rule them all, one Game to find them;
One Game to bring them all, and in the Darkness bind them!

Am I wrong or does "Sauron" sound just a bit too Swedish? It makes one wonder, I must say. Press release: Dark Lord now in executive capacity at Paradox, plots enslavement of mankind.

I just love those damned games. They are so pretty, so fun to play. They can make you invisible for weeks at a time.

I must say! In fact, now that I think about it...they are precious to me. Oh, my precious...

Originally posted by EB.
1. Chariots of War
2. Legion
3. (Dark Ages game missing)
4. Crusader Kings
5. Europa Universalis
6. Victoria
7. Hearts of Iron
8. (Cold War game missing)
9. (modern era game missing)

Nine great games...one big converter to link them all together? Well, why not? Imagine the power! Who could resist?

One Game (by Paradox) to rule them all, one Game to find them;
One Game to bring them all, and in the Darkness bind them!

Am I wrong or does "Sauron" sound just a bit too Swedish? It makes one wonder, I must say. Press release: Dark Lord now in executive capacity at Paradox, plots enslavement of mankind.

I just love those damned games. They are so pretty, so fun to play. They can make you invisible for weeks at a time.

I must say! In fact, now that I think about it...they are precious to me. Oh, my precious...

He he... darn funniest post I have read for a long time!:p

Actually, to bind EU2 with Victoria, I wouldn't min seeing an Epansion pack for EU2 covering the 'lost years' of 1820-1834. Sure, it's not many years - but then they could perhaps also extend it in the other direction? I mean, from 1400 or maybe even 1337 or something. Wouldn't that be nice?:D

And I'm pretty sure the great minds of Paradox could think of some other tweaks they could include in such an expansion pack...

Darn, those last 5 games of the nine would be boring. No enemies left, only a bit rebel hunting, though you wouldn't let other cultures stay aound offcourse.

Maybe I could go to the moon in 1520, as I won't let ancient culture fall.
Hmm, Mars in 1600? Proxima centauri 1700? United Federation of MY Planets in 1850?

Maybe we should include a Victoria->Master of Orion 3 converter? :D

Originally posted by Avernite

Maybe we should include a Victoria->Master of Orion 3 converter? :D

Why would we want to break Victoria? :rolleyes:

Maybe EU3 can have the same military unit system as Victoria and HOI. All you need to do is convince Snowball to program CK with the same conventions and we are set for a smooth conversion.

Of course Paradox would have to weigh the societal cost of creating such an all powerful game to "bind them all".

Think of the divorces: the relationships that would never form; the children who would go unborn. There would be a rip in the space time reality of our universe!!!

For me, the purpose of the converter wouldn't so much be for solo games - I'd have to play with a hand tied behind my back to play for more than the length of EU2. But for multiplayer games...thousand year rivalries. Schweet.

"What the hell? You said you'd let me have the Sudan?"
"It was for that town you took from me in 1700 BCE - um, Shubbuk."