• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(48274)

Corporal
Sep 4, 2005
when i try to join a mp game it gives me a message saying game does not exist and so and so at this ip, please check connection and try again, and same for when people try to join my game. why doesnt it work and what ports do i need to have open?

Also, i cant even join my own games through lan. What can it be?

Last edited:
All MP related questions go in the MP forum.
*Moved

You can read the "What do you need to play EU2 MP?", link found in my signature. It applies to CK too :)

shogun_01 said:
ok but when i open the required ports my internet (not msn or other like programs) stop working. is this normal?

Don't think so, sounds a bit odd. You wouldn't have to open up a port just for CK. CK should run on regular internet connection. Atleast that is what I do.

But what do you mean that your internet dies, but not msn (and other programs)? Msn is highly dependent on internet to operate, thus if msn doesn't shut down your internet should work and CK should automaticly connect to V-net.

when i open ports, programs like msn still function online, unlike IE explorer which stop responding, like i can chat on msn when my ports are open, and then i tried this game with a direct link to the modem from my comp and it worked fine, so i know its my router. any suggestions?

Send me (or post here) the type of your router and firewall, and I'll try to see if I can find a solution to you :)

Ok, OvisLink SR-500 it is then :)

First of all, there is one things you need to check, namely if you have WindowsXP, are you sure the Windows Firewall is off (it might have turned on after youlast checked). If you are, then lets continue.

On pages 23-25 of the OvisLink SR-500 manual you see chapters called "Virtual Server" and "Packet Filter". This is what we need now, so read that part of the manual. I'll try to give short list of what to do, but read that chapter to understand what you are doing :)

It is possible your computer is in a homenetwork where it is possible to change router/firewall settings from only one computer. If that is so, be sure you are on that "host" computer.

1) Go to Configure.

2) Select the tab called Virtual Server. Click the radiobutton "DMZ Host", enter to the field the name of the computer from which you want to play CK MP.

3) Select the tab called Packet Filter. There are three possible filter/forwards, you need to use the third. Click Range. Set Range from 2300 to 2400. Select TCP. Click the big blue DOWN arrow.

4) Repeat step 3, but use UDP this time.

5) Now repeat, but set Range 33943-34960. Select TCP, then down arrow.

6) Now repeat step 3, but select Single instead of range. Set 47624, TCP, down arrow.

7) Now repeat step 6, but select UDP instead of TCP.

Please tell if it works with those steps done :)

Well, then I honestly can't understand why you are not able to play even in LAN :( If you don't have any software firewall, and your router/firewall is configured as per what I posted above, then I simply am helpless with your problem. Sorry :(

I would suggest you take one more time a look at the router/firewall setting so that the are *exactly* as I wrote above. And make sure you don't have any software firewall on. I am pretty sure (about 99.9% sure) your problem is in either of those.