• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As Mr Burns would say: Excellent... :D:D:D:D

Striiiikkkkeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Easy now...don't you want to see if Labour is gonna wimp out again? I mean, they've promised an 8 hour workday before, and failed to deliver...

Easy, as they invest much more on the functioning of the factories, it is reasonable they earn more.

Invest? invest in getting rich, yes! Look, when the owners are livng rich mansions with the luxuries of life at there beck and call while the workers who sweat to make their profit can't feed their families, you know something's amiss.

Your 8-hour dream is over. Labour will, again, fail to achieve their promises. If only you've voted for the BNU, the British people will definitely have 8 hour work.

I'd gladly settle for 10 hours, 8 to 6 is hardly any worse than 9 to 5, they've time to eat breakfast and dinner, and they should have lunch breaks, though it isn't legally required.

Invest? invest in getting rich, yes! Look, when the owners are livng rich mansions with the luxuries of life at there beck and call while the workers who sweat to make their profit can't feed their families, you know something's amiss.

No, invest in the functioning of the machinery that keeps the British economy growing everyday, invest in having the raw materials necessary to keep factories open and producing enough not to send craftsmen to the unemployment and investing in paying salaries for the workers. In a perfect laissez-faire system without the monstruous intromision of the state, the capitalists wouldn't have to pay the same to all workers as they have to do becaus eof minimum wage laws, but rather teh more productive worker would earn more than the less productive, and so in a free and meritocratic system that capitalism is those who seek better lives would achieve them, however to pay the same to both a produtcive or to a unproduvtive worker, the capitalist will pay the same to both, and obviously in order ot make teh factory function, will just pay teh minimum wage.

I'm anticipating either more mediocrity or something big happening during the next few years.

A good minimun wage might be a fraction of the profit made by what they produced. However, we don't have any form of minimum wage. The capitalists couldn't make any money without the workers, and yet they are payed slave wages for 14-hour a day work every day of the week. That's what happens without a minimum wage.

and so the grand strike of 2 begins :D

On a serious note labour is doing to well :( we need a massive disaster to pin on them :rofl:

Your 8-hour dream is over. Labour will, again, fail to achieve their promises. If only you've voted for the BNU, the British people will definitely have 8 hour work.
Although I firmly believe we must establish shorter work days so the workers are able to live better lives and actually know their families, Labour has actually made the first step, and with their next term in power will lower it even further-- although not excellent to lower it slowly over time, it's far better than anything the Conservatives or Liberals would ever do. An 8 hour work day is not worth the cost of the freedoms which the BNU would revoke from the people of this country.

On a serious note labour is doing to well :( we need a massive disaster to pin on them :rofl:

The Houses of Parliament are aflame! Labour did it! :D

Should Admiral Milne excorsise emergeancy powers, just until they can deal with those troublesome leftists? :eek:

ps I get the feeling, that no matter what the Labour party do half the readers of this AAR will pronounce them are terrible oppressors and failures at every step. :p

Look, it's fun, alright? Anyway, what has happened to that Labour schism you hinted about a decade ago?

Look, it's fun, alright? Anyway, what has happened to that Labour schism you hinted about a decade ago?

Glad you mentioned it. :cool:

Essentially, Harney has been able to two the centrist line within the party rather well during his long spell in charge. But he's led the Labour Party for almost 14 years and is now set for another term in office. The chances of him competing in another election aren't high. So what happens after the figure of compromise been the Labour left and right ends his leadership? ....

Should Admiral Milne excorsise emergeancy powers, just until they can deal with those troublesome leftists? :eek:

ps I get the feeling, that no matter what the Labour party do half the readers of this AAR will pronounce them are terrible oppressors and failures at every step. :p

And the other half proclaim the conservatives and BNU as 'terrible oppressors and failures at every step.'

Just politics as usual...
:p

Easy now...don't you want to see if Labour is gonna wimp out again? I mean, they've promised an 8 hour workday before, and failed to deliver...

I just realised this strikes me as similiar to A Very British Coup

Easy, as they invest much more on the functioning of the factories, it is reasonable they earn more.

Invest more of what? You cannot credit a human being for natural capital (land, minerals, etc.).

It is completely unreasonable that the person who just happens to be handling lump sums be presumed the rightful owner or creator of those sums. Conservatives would have the bank teller claim my pay as his own, after all that's all a capitalist does - manage wealth that doesn't belong to him. The natural resources that belong to all mankind, the product produced by laborers, etc.

No, invest in the functioning of the machinery that keeps the British economy growing everyday, invest in having the raw materials necessary to keep factories open and producing enough not to send craftsmen to the unemployment and investing in paying salaries for the workers. In a perfect laissez-faire system without the monstruous intromision of the state, the capitalists wouldn't have to pay the same to all workers as they have to do becaus eof minimum wage laws, but rather teh more productive worker would earn more than the less productive, and so in a free and meritocratic system that capitalism is those who seek better lives would achieve them, however to pay the same to both a produtcive or to a unproduvtive worker, the capitalist will pay the same to both, and obviously in order ot make teh factory function, will just pay teh minimum wage.

What your suggesting is totalitarianism, complete state control of the economy. Rather than letting the workers keep their surplus product and trade it on the free market, you are forcibly redistributing at the State's gunpoint to economic bureaucrats (capitalists) who plan with lump sums of capital, completely ignoring market forces and causing recessions and financial calamity due the fact that one cannot plan an economy successfully indefinitely, as one cannot predict human behavior on a mass level (market forces).

Moderate Labour is suggesting a far freer economy with workers keeping their own capital and trading it, increasing trade and allowing market forces to work. Whereas you Conservatives are suggesting that all capital be lumped together into huge clumps and then be used in elaborate plans rather than letting the masses of producers and consumers determine what to do in individual rational economic interactions.

Even the Communists are only suggesting a fairer, more rational and more meritocratic form of the totalitarian economic system you Tories have presided over for centuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.