• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
@coz1, Storey and Karaiskandar: Bohemia sure does have to keep their eye on me. I tried again but came across another obstace. Doesn't mean I'm letting it go godd****t!

@aldriq: I could have right when I went to war with Bohemia as Pomerania didn't honor the call which gave me a caasus belli. I contemplated it while pausing but decided against it for the time being. I regretted it afterwards of course. I considered going for them after the Bohemia war too, but then that would be another annexation without a casus belli or core and the tendency of the AI is not to wait until you near or overreach your BB-limit.

Bad luck with the allies peacing out. Next time you go to war will you not call them? Do the cores on Bohemia last long? Given the method you received them it seems reasonable that they should expire soon.

I've played until 1482 and still have the cores so I don't know. I'm not familiar with the technicalities of EU2 let alone FtG. I admit I haven't read one page of the FtG manual. :eek:o

shield_brandenburg.png

We are again at peace and you'd expect peasants to be happy about that, yes? THey go back to their fileds after being drawn in the army and all that... Well, forget it, they are 'unhappy'. After my allies forced the peace on me I am obviously quite angry and I decide to take it out on my peasantry. That gives my a nice big stab hit, two revolts and +1 base tax in Hinterpommern. Oh, and a slider move towards free subjects. I don't really know how the developers imagine that as a result. Does anyone have an idea about that?

1468JulyUnhappinessamongthepeasantr.jpg

Unhappiness among the Peasantry, July 1468.​

The rebels that appear in Küstrin and Hinterpommern provide a nuisance until the next summer. That's also because I refused to maximise my army maintenance.

1468OctoberRevolts.jpg

Rebel Situation, January 1469.​

In January 1470 we receive Albrecht Achilles as leader and a year later in February 1471 he becomes Brandenburg's new monarch. He's basically the definition of mediocrity. All his military stats except siege are 3, all his monarch stats are 4 or 5.

1470JanuaryNewLeaderAlbrechtAchille.jpg
1471FebruaryNewMonarchAlbrechtAchil.jpg

Brandenburg's new general and monarch, Albrecht Achilles, February 1471.​

Just before the old monarch Friedrich II passed away I decided to leave the alliance with Guelders and I make my own alliance, as alliance leader, with the OPM Cleves. Cleves became independent from Provence in March 1469 and I signed a royal marriage with them right after their independence. In September 1470 Cleves agrees to become my vassal.

1469MarchClevesindependent.jpg
1470AprilMilitaryAllianceCleves.jpg
1470SeptemberClevesvassalsofBranden.jpg

Diplomacy with Cleves, 1469-1470.​

Another random event happens in July 1470 which allows us a slider step towards aristocracy.

1470JulyNoblesdemandrecoveryofforme.jpg

Nobles want their rights back, July 1470.​

1472 brings a slider move towards Land. I'm maxed out on Land now if I remember correctly. Next time I'll be moving my centralization slider again I think. In March Friesland joins my little alliance and in April they agree to a royal marriage. So far they don't agree to become vassals though. I blame my mediocre monarch. In December 1472 Burgundy annexes Guelders, historical event driven. Then follows a year with nothing to mention, 1473. In September 1474 I get another chance to ventilate my still smoldering anger at my former allies and this time I my merchants have to pay for it. It brings Brandenburg a nice 100 extra ducats in the treasury, -400 trade investments, -1 stability and a slider move towards mercantilism.

1474SeptemberUnhappinessamongthemer.jpg

Unhappiness among the Merchants, September 1474.​

The next update will be more eventful while Brandenburg will then be at war with Bohemia.

Nobody seems happy in Brandenburg... maybe another war to keep the nation focused? :D

I've played until 1482 and still have the cores so I don't know. I'm not familiar with the technicalities of EU2 let alone FtG. I admit I haven't read one page of the FtG manual. :eek:o

You are a demi-mod now, you should lead by example... :rolleyes:

After my allies forced the peace on me I am obviously quite angry and I decide to take it out on my peasantry. That gives my a nice big stab hit, two revolts and +1 base tax in Hinterpommern. Oh, and a slider move towards free subjects. I don't really know how the developers imagine that as a result. Does anyone have an idea about that?

Doesn't seem to make sense. You'd think selecting "side with the peasants" would give you a move toward free Subjects.:wacko: You must have been really angry to take that -4 stability hit.:eek:;)

Joe

Nobody seems happy in Brandenburg... maybe another war to keep the nation focused? :D

You are a demi-mod now, you should lead by example... :rolleyes:

:eek:o

I plead guilty.
Then again, no one is perfect! :D

Originally Posted by Storey
Doesn't seem to make sense. You'd think selecting "side with the peasants" would give you a move toward free Subjects. You must have been really angry to take that -4 stability hit.

Joe

Indeed, yet that's what the event says. Let's hope someone else can come up with a reason. Else I must go to the FtG game forum to ask it. It bugs me. A bit.

And yes, I was quite angry...

Perhaps it is a way to represent the freedom of movement of the rebellion. If you crack down totally, it should move towards serfdom but instead, I imagine you tax the lords to do it or something making everyone unhappy and likely to move against the Elector. Just an thought and likely half-baked. ;)

Still, in times of peace people can find just about anything to complain about. :D

Perhaps it is a way to represent the freedom of movement of the rebellion. If you crack down totally, it should move towards serfdom but instead, I imagine you tax the lords to do it or something making everyone unhappy and likely to move against the Elector. Just an thought and likely half-baked. ;)

Still, in times of peace people can find just about anything to complain about. :D

Mmh, the best possibility brought forth so far. Could be.

Originally Posted by Karaiskandar
Originally Posted by coz1
Still, in times of peace people can find just about anything to complain about.
So true, and as a Frenchman, I just know what I'm talking about !

Hehe, I think that's the same all around the world! :)
Too sad too many people have something really serious to complain about.

Originally Posted by Enewald
Pope must be furious with Guelders.

Yeah, just when you win a war against your enemy, you get annexed by it through historical events...

Originally Posted by Herr Doctor
a nice AAR! Subscribing.
Like when German minors played as minors

Thanks. So far I'm staying minor indeed. I don't know how long that'll stay so. I tend to be quite a cautious player. It makes for longer and IMHO nicer games.

Hehe, I think that's the same all around the world! :)
Too sad too many people have something really serious to complain about.

Yup, you're right, too sad indeed.
Eagerly waiting for the next update.

Big events happen during the early months of the year 1476. In January Switzerland of all nations declares war on Savoy. I guess they miss their Genevan brethren. Savoy is allied with Burgundy. Switzerland gets help from Austria, Bavaria and Bohemia. An insane sounding giggle slips from my lips and in February I declare war on Bohemia. Most of their armies are on their way to Burgundy so I'll have it easy for a while.

Albrecht Achilles walks into Erz in March and foolishly gets his **** whipped by a much smaller Bohemian army. It was like 1 vs 4 in numbers for Brandenburg. *sigh*
Second try in August and this time my monarch succeeds. The Bohemians walk into Bohemia proper and get wiped out by rebels sieging the capital. *another weird giggle*

1476AugustSiegingErzSilesia.jpg

Albrecht Achilles sieging Erz, Hessen sieging Silesia, August 1476.​

Meanwhile I started collecting war taxes and recruited 13000 extra soldiers to siege Silesia. Brandenburg also gained a level in Land Technology.

1476JuneLandTechadvanceAssaults.jpg

Land Tech 5, Assaults, June 1476.​

In December a 10k strong Bohemian army is completely wiped off the map by the Bohemian rebels. A month later however the rebels are defeated by 16k Bohemians. Hessen (a generic leader, not the nation) succeeds sieging Silesia and the siege of Erz is also progressing quite nicely. There is a large army of Bohemians gathered in Sudeten though. *insane frightened shrieking sound*

1477JanuarySiegeSuccessfulSilesia.jpg

Situation in January 1477.​

Hessen moves to Erz to help Albrecht sieging there and the Bohemians march from Sudeten to Moravia to pick up some more soldiers and then go siege Silesia. Now we can only hope that the Brandenburgian garrison soldiers are of better stock then the Bohemian ones.

1477MarchSilesiabesiegedbyBohemia.jpg

Situation in March 1477.​

Albrecht conquers Erz in June. We are quite outnumbered by now and new regiments are being assembled in Brandenburg. One month later 30k lazely sieging Bohemians get their behinds kicked by 5000 rebels and are sent running to their mothers in Moravia. Fate is stil on my side for now. Albrecht moves to Silesia to defeat the rebels as the siege there is going rather well for my enemies, rebel or Bohemian.

1477JuneSiegeSuccessfulErz.jpg

1477AugustDefeatingRebelsinSilesia.jpg

Situation in June and August 1477 respectively.​

Now it is 1477 as I have no doubt already mentioned and years before this war erupted I remebered 1477 is the year Burgundy gets inherited by Austria. Of course I completely forgot that when I started this war. In August 1477 it happens and the war ends for Burgundy, which means Austria, bohemia and Switzerland make short work of Savoy in no time. Nevertheless I continue my quest for Brandenburgian cores on Bohemian land and start sieging Sudeten and Bohemia. Maybe if I can get one more province out of this the bohemians will agree to cede either Silesia or Erz.

Sadly, fate has turned it's back on me. Bavarian troops start pouring into Bohemia to retake Silesia while the Bohemians themselves resiege Erz and a token Austrian force stands ready in Moravia waiting for ore of their kin.

1478FebruarySituationworsens.jpg

Situation in February 1478.​

In April 1478 a large Austrian force moves in to help the Bavarians in silesia and I decide to agree to te peace offer from alliance leader bavaria. At least I get some money out of this. *fists banging on desk in rage*

1478AprilPeacewithBavaria.jpg

Peace, April 1478.​

Thus ends the Second Brandenburgian-Bohemian War. Third time lucky they say, no?

I continue the session a few years until 1482. In August 1479 Isabella marries Ferdinand and Spain is born. In June 1480 my Infrastructure technology goes up one level so we can now build refineries and in February 1482 we move one step towards Land.

1479AugustAragonannexedbyCastile.jpg
1480JuneInfraTechadvanceRefineries.jpg
1482AprilSliders.jpg

Events 1478-1482.

1479JanuaryEuropeMap.jpg

Situation Europe, January 1479.​

No luck, I hope that the third war will be the good one.
Too bad that the Bohemians have such powerful allies.

Originally Posted by Herr Doctor
I would rather vassalize Bohemia (perhaps also take Silesia).

That's sound advice. We'll se if I ever come to that point.

Originally Posted by Karaiskandar
No luck, I hope that the third war will be the good one.
Too bad that the Bohemians have such powerful allies.

Yeah, and in a few decades or a century or so, I'm not entirely sure, they'll be completely under Austria's boot. I need to find a chance to take some land/vassalize them before that happens.

Subscribed :)

Enjoying this, please keep it up :)

I certainly will. Despite several moments of rage the campaign has caused me so far it's I'm very happy I can play this EU2+ game. It's nostalgic really.

Always happy to see new readers!

Originally Posted by Duke of Wellington
Bad luck in the war there. Frustrating to get so close and then lose the opportunity for more like that.

A few months was all I needed. :mad: