• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
First I'd like to show you a map of Europe and point out some unusual things or just interesting things to know.
Firstly, after I peaced out of my war against Poland my alliance leader Lithuania continued to fight with no success. They lost Danzig to Prussia and had to pay reparations to Poland.
Denmark has gone the Viking way again and has conquered Granada. Naples owns Holstein and Scotland has gained control over northern Ireland.

1556July15EuropeOverviewWeirdThings.jpg

Situation in Europe in July 1556.​

While all this was going on Brandenburg has gathered the funds necessary to upgrade the Legal Counsels in Silesia, Magdeburg and Brandenburg itself, those our the three richest provinces of the realm.

The Spanish are apparently quite busy doing their thing in the Americas as I get the message that they annexed the Aztec Empire in February 1557. I can't see anything of the New World yet though. My view goes from the Azores and Iceland to somewhere around Delhi.

1557February1SpainannexedAztecEmpir.jpg

Spain annexed Aztec Empire, February 1557.​

My naval technology increases to level 6, but it doesn't give a bonus and is of no real importance.
In may 1559 the nobles make some fuss again about trouble with peasants. As my aristocracy slider is quite high toward aristocracy already I decide to take the peasants side, as extra morale is always nice. The higher unit price from free subjects doesn't really matter that much.
In the same month another three Legal Counsels are upgraded in Bohemia, Poznan and Vorpommern.

1559May9Noblesseektosubjugatepeasan.jpg

The nobles seek to subjugate the peasants, May 1559.​

In the summer of 1559 my alliance with Lithuania expires and the next month the English offer me an alliance, which I accept. They are Protestant as me and destined to become great if everything goes right. The only con is that they will need to transport armies by fleet if they want to come and help me which the AI isn't always that good at.

During the autumn of 1559 I get a slider push back towards aristocracy and Brandenburg finally reaches Land Technology level 14 and the much desired CRT bonus.

1559November6LTLevel14CRTbonus.jpg

Land Technology Level 14 (CRT bonus), November 1559.​

In August 1560 I sign a royal marriage with England to tighten the bonds and the next year they reward me by declaring war on their northern enemies the Scottish, who recently went Reformed. otice in the map below that France has gaind possession of one of Scotland's provinces in Ireland.

1561June1EnglandDoWsScotland.jpg

English-Scottish War, June 1561.​

Pretty impressive Danish kingdom.
Morea is still independent?

An alliance with England? Well that opens up different possibilities. Some good some bad. Let's see what happens.;)

Joe

Finally caught up with this, Qorten and Brandenburg is doing well. Smart to turn Protestant and gather in the family, as it were. And nice gains in the last war.

Only big problem I see are the Ottomans. They've moved way too far north. :eek: