• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Heaven holds a sense of wonder and I wanted to believe that I'd get caught up when the rage in me subsides.

05:00 May 30th, 1946

Sergei leaned against the wall, waiting for the others to catch up. Alexi came bounding over the crest of the hill, landing in the dirt next to him.
"Sergei, I have had enough of this shit." Sergei grinned to himself, unconciously checking his gun's action,
"Alexi my friend - I think you are not alone in thinking that." Alexi swore to himself as a bang heralded a shower of dirt.
"That's our boys doing that! You stupid bastards!" He raised his fist and cursed at the sky. Sergei looked to his left and saw that the wall was slightly lower. He carefully crawled towards it, keeping his face pressed to the ground.
Behind him he could still hear Alexi shouting as the artillery continued its deadly work, creeping slowly away from their little position.
Sergei took a moment to compose himself, then threw himself over the wall, rifle clutched tightly in his hand. He landed with a soft thump and let out a small groan - matched by the person he landed on.
He sprang up in surprise, his landing mate reacting with the same instinct.
They stood their poised, weapons pointed at each other.
Sergei stared at his enemy: his piercing blue eyes full of sorrow; his face lined with the strain of battle; at the medals on his chest and the insignia on his tattered uniform. Neither of them moved.
Sergei stood and stared, and the artillery mingled with the screams of the dying, rending the air.

Kubilius stumbled into a shell hole, his mind racing.
An escape. Once again. How many more will I get?

Ondskan. What a cheerful book.

May 30th, 1946 - June 11th, 1946

05:00 May 30th, 1946

Unsurprisingly the attack was called off.

05:00 May 30th, 1946 - 01:00 June 1st, 1946

The attack oh Hollabrunn meets fierce resistance, but is successful.

1st June, 1946

Europe.

Far East. Note the massive gains by the U.S.

07:00 June 2nd, 1946 - 00:00 June 3rd, 1946

We arrive in Hollabrunn - and immediately run into a Soviet Army. Luckily our brave troops fight them off.

June 4th, 1946

Our airpower pounds the city of Vienna into ruins. A tragic waste of some fine architecture, although having visited the place it was really dull and full of old people.

June 6th, 1946

Our airpower continues it's deadly work on the other flank. Czestochowa is really turning into a meat grinder - it changes hands on the hour, and is soaking up divisions like anything. Luckily I am now having nothing to do with it, and am content to let the other Allies take and inflict the punishment.

01:00 June 11th, 1946

My happy musings are rudely interrupted by a Soviet formation outnumbering me 2:1 smashing into Brno. Note Czestochowa changing hands again.

I immediately order diversionairy attacks, which as always will be costly in terms of men and material.

06:00

One of these at least is successful. But it has wasted org and manpower, leaving me in a perilous situation - and the assault on Brno continues regardless.

1st June, 1946

Europe.

Finland seems to be on a roll. And I might be dense but.... When/how did you get Scandinavia?

Far East. Note the massive gains by the U.S.

What does Soviet Far East look like? IIRC, Japan was making some nice progress there.

Looking desperate for you really...

Oh...never heard that Ondskan was cheery :p

And this epic struggle just keeps on going! I'm impressed, been following this for quite a while now and I must say it makes a great AAR, well done. Perhaps with time your allies will be able to grow strong/active enough to help you push the Soviets back a bit again. It's nice to see it always being so in the balance though, makes for an interesting change from most games.

Finland seems to be on a roll. And I might be dense but.... When/how did you get Scandinavia?

I didn't - it's part of the Allies :)

Oh...never heard that Ondskan was cheery :p

:D it's certainly.. interesting, if you like that sort of thing.

And this epic struggle just keeps on going! I'm impressed, been following this for quite a while now and I must say it makes a great AAR, well done. Perhaps with time your allies will be able to grow strong/active enough to help you push the Soviets back a bit again. It's nice to see it always being so in the balance though, makes for an interesting change from most games.

Thanks, glad at least some people enjoy reading it! It has been ongoing now since 2006 :eek:o

Yea...I remember the first posts in this AAR... =) Oh...those were the times my friend, we thought they never end.

I'll mace you good!

June 11th, 1946 - June 16th, 1946

Somewhere in the Kremlin.

"Reports reached us that our lines were broken in two places - at Brno and Zilina. We immediately dispatched the 3rd NKVD regiment to stiffen our troops resolve. 400 traitors were shot for desertion in the face of the enemy."

"Unfortunately we were unable to prevent the loss of Tabor. This was expected, and we already have had Operation Hammer in motion for such an eventuality."

"However, the next move took us by surprise - a lunge through Linz with, we suspect, the main target Vienna. We only had the 5th and 7th here, and they have been under suspicion for some time for cowardness and traitoress activities."

"This was confirmed a few hours later. Needless to say, General Olegnvich's family have been arrested as a precaution against further reversals in this sector."

"As suspected, the main thrust was aimed at Vienna - aiming to encircle our divisions in a repeat of Prague. However, this time our brave soldiers were waiting, stiffened with the words of solidarity broadcast by Our Great Leader."

"We are not sure what they intended to achieve with this pitiful assault. Needless to say, they withdrew after two hours. As an aside, the latest intelligence implies that despte his fondness of Swedish mistresses, it appears that he is becoming involved with an Italian - who appears to be already involved with someone else - this may prove useful to us. The capatalists seem extraordinarily concerned with private matters."

"The next move really surprises us. They abandon their hard won position and move towards Hollabrunn. We can only assume that the general has had a little too much Italian wine, as this proved disastrous."

"We continue to make good progress against the Fascists. Soon we shall be able to rightly capture Berlin, that was denied us before by our traitorous 'allies'."

"Operation Hammer being in fall swing, we smash straight into their armoured divsions."

"As expected, we crush them easily. With more troops being formed from the newly established railheads, we can expect to complete the liberation of Czechsolvakia within the month.
In other news, boot production is up 240%.."

Oh crap, I had forgotten! Sorry, xmas, new year, my birthday and meeting a new woman have got in the way! Will update this week I promise!

Oh crap, I had forgotten! Sorry, xmas, new year, my birthday and meeting a new woman have got in the way! Will update this week I promise!

You broke of with the hot blonde swedish gal?