Ask Paradox (almost) Anything Thread (no support/tech or code questions)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I apologise if this has already been discussed.

I also realise you've got two big releases coming out really soon so humour me.

Will EUIII ever be upgraded [ if that's possible] to the new Sengoku/CK2 map format? I know it's purely cosmetic but with the new sprite packs now available it would make an already great game truly stunning.

Also it appears CKII release date on GG is now 14th Feb. Tell me this is a mistake, please.

Also it appears CKII release date on GG is now 14th Feb. Tell me this is a mistake, please.

Release date is 14th, the decision was made yesterday evening, and we inform you guy now asap.

Release date is 14th, the decision was made yesterday evening, and we inform you guy now asap.

Yeah, I asked this question before your announcement. Obviously Gamersgate had been informed before us.

Thanks.

Oh, and the EUIII map format? :p

Speaking of your EU3 map change; I doubt it (which is probably why you have yet to receive an answer). Unless there is another expansion, it would be more likely to see this update in EU4.

I don't mean to suggest that such an update could not be performed in a patch, but Paradox is also a business and I assume they need to use a map change as a persuading argument for purchasing an expansion/new release.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't mean to suggest that such an update could not be performed in a patch, but Paradox is also a business and I assume they need to use a map change as a persuading argument for purchasing an expansion/new release.

I guess that makes sense and since we've had Divine Wind and EUIII chronicles released relatively recently added to the apparent complexities of dealing with STEAM I shouldn't hold my breath. Shame.

This thread is for asking Paradox questions, not for off-topic discussions and especially not for breaking the rules regarding insulting other posters.

Why did Shams make the best expression on the "Most Wanted Pictures"?

There is now 350,000 members on the forum. When I joined, there was roughly 100,000 members. Have ye started planning for the 500k celebration yet?

Since Paradox is run by video game programmers mostly (and by extension nerds!), surely there must be other numbers closer to their heart than decimal increments. Surely, reaching such numbers must be worthy of much celebration!

Amusingly, there is not an achievement for having the same amount of population in a province as there are members on the forums at the same time. More worringly, not the reverse either!

Is your Scottish contingent celebrating Robbie Burns Day today? I am debating whether or not I want to try haggis at lunch today. Is it worth trying?

They look a bit too hangover so they haven't started it yet.

And follow him on Twitter - I hear his opinions are his own (when Susana isn't checking) and he says some outlandish shit there. www.twitter.com/shamsjorjani

Most outlandish thing he did: Follow me on Twitter. I don't say a damn thing! I merely maintaining a collaborative account right now.

I guess we all really want to know this: Who would win in a quake 3 game, Notch (of Minecraft fame), or the best Q3 player among the Paradox staff?
(Your offices are both on Söder, right? You should be able to arrange a game ;) )

I guess we all really want to know this: Who would win in a quake 3 game, Notch (of Minecraft fame), or the best Q3 player among the Paradox staff?
(Your offices are both on Söder, right? You should be able to arrange a game ;) )

We actually have a Q3 pro-gamer in the office - Jonaz - so he'd probably cream the living crap out of our good bearded friend.

/s

Fredrik tweeted this yesterday:

"New registered company: Paradox North AB. #gaming"

Anyone from Paradox that can comment on this? What will they do? Will they present them self here on the forum?

He didn't register Paradox South at the same time, perchance?:p