• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
HI,
after Pearl Harbor, Germany is dragged back into the war against the UK and the USA because a specific event is triggered ''Hitler declares war on the USA'' which in the game is triggered shortly after Pearl Harbor, the event must be modified by setting the condition that the GER is still at war with the UK to also declare war on the US

Report a bug in the
Bitter peace the ids of Moscow, Leningrad, Stalingrad etc are all wrong

As for Japan cruising the oceans with fleets of 80 aircraft carriers,
the production costs of the entire maritime warfare sector are negligible, with a few industrial points a galactic fleet can be produced, in my opinion they should be modified and increased

In what year? I'm guessing it's the Washington/London naval treaties. I'm pretty sure they expire around 36 or 37 and you'll see a pop up or decision. Sorry, haven't played AIO in a long time.
Ah - this is correct. Just needed to play longer!

• 1Like
Reactions:
Hi all,
Here is AIO Gold update V. 1.3. Unzip into AIO Gold folder. It will replace files. readmeV1.3 installed in AIO gold folder to verify install.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/1uat62n613ec9jb/DB%27s_AI_updateAIO_Gold_V1.3.rar/file

This version concentrated on GER, Can, UK, Sov, Yugo. research. Sov/Ger. conflict. Tried to set some events, still needs work.

UK and Can. attack files. Lower UK fleets damage to return to sea. You should see more of the UK fleet.

Things to work on. AI events for Ger. invading UK. Bitter Peace event. Edit CV costs, thanks for that.

Cheers!!!

• 7Like
  • 2Love
Reactions:
Hi all,
Here is AIO Gold update V. 1.3. Unzip into AIO Gold folder. It will replace files. readmeV1.3 installed in AIO gold folder to verify install.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/1uat62n613ec9jb/DB%27s_AI_updateAIO_Gold_V1.3.rar/file

This version concentrated on GER, Can, UK, Sov, Yugo. research. Sov/Ger. conflict. Tried to set some events, still needs work.

UK and Can. attack files. Lower UK fleets damage to return to sea. You should see more of the UK fleet.

Things to work on. AI events for Ger. invading UK. Bitter Peace event. Edit CV costs, thanks for that.

Cheers!!!
Hey DrBob. Great work. Can I feature this update on the HOI2 Bunker website please? I will update on the socials as well if ok.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I'll check it out since I really enjoy your mods, but I wish you had worked on your version of AIO instead of modding AIO Gold. But it's also good that the two major AIOs are now unofficially combined.

Hey DrBob. Great work. Can I feature this update on the HOI2 Bunker website please? I will update on the socials as well if ok.
HI, sure, It is for all to enjoy. I have not been to the HOI2 Bunker website. I will have to check it out.

I'll check it out since I really enjoy your mods, but I wish you had worked on your version of AIO instead of modding AIO Gold. But it's also good that the two major AIOs are now unofficially combined.
Hey, right on, thanks! I do have version 1.7 for the original AIO version. I could update that with what I learned from Gold. Are you interested in that? I have not gone back and played the original, I just start playing one and start modding. :)

• 2Like
Reactions:
This is great that you're still working on this. I'll start a new game now. Is there a new checksum? I have YIFO.
Yes, that looks right, I have already started modding for the new version, so I have a different one already. :)

• 1Like
Reactions:
Hey, right on, thanks! I do have version 1.7 for the original AIO version. I could update that with what I learned from Gold. Are you interested in that? I have not gone back and played the original, I just start playing one and start modding. :)
I still use
Jamiroquai version AOI + Redwolf mods and I would be interested in an ai improvement for this version

• 1Like
Reactions:
That would be great if you have the time. But definitely no rush. I think my major gripe with the Gold version are the changes to the map, especially in the Balkans where armies can now easily travel through it because the mountains are now hills.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Dr Bob, just a quick update. I'm playing as Germany (I never play as Germany but wanted to see all the cool events) and haven't seen very many issues. Although the Spanish Civil War ended in early 1937 with a Nationalist victory. I sent aid and the Condor Legion but didn't directly intervene. I noticed two SCW events fire after the war ended (one was German Ships bombard Spanish Cities or something like that and I forgot what the other one was) but I don't think they're that much of an issue. I just think of it as delayed experience gained from the SCW.

Another issue I have is with the new GFX for the economic sliders. It's impossible to tell when they're locked and when they're not. It's relatively minor, but majorly annoying for players like me who constantly adjust the sliders.

One thing that's not a bug and more of a preference, in my copy of the The Grand Campaign, I changed the 1942 Mech infantry to 1941 and renamed the Canal Defence Light to "Early Modern Optics." After I modified the Mech infantry tech in this mod to make it available in 1941 and renamed it to 1941 (In the Infantry Tech File and the Tech_Names files), it still displays as 1942 Mech. And after I totally renamed Canal Defence Light to Early Modern Optics, the Canal Defence Light still displays in the Secret Tech page. Am I missing another file that must me altered for these to display the way I want? I made these changes to TGC years ago and don't remember having any issues, but my memory is foggy.

Possible bug:
1946-47 Germany defeated, Europe divided between the Soviet Union and the Western allies, through a chain of events "Iran crisis" the United States declares war on the Soviets, the problem is that as soon as the Soviets conquer Berlin which was part of West Germany the event is triggered
''day of victory'' and the Soviets annex without having even a unit on their territories Finland, Sweden, Norway, France, Portugal, Czechoslovakia, Hungary and Yugoslavia........

the strange thing is that among the conditions for taking ''day of the victory'' there is that there is no war between the usa and the ussr....

after the end of WW2 the game slows down a lot, is it just me?
is there any solution?

does the spirtes works woth Kaiserreich?
They should! But I'll be honest, there's a lot of unnecessary sprites and files. I've pared many of them down. But the way they are now, they'll work fine for KR.

• 1Like
Reactions:
They should! But I'll be honest, there's a lot of unnecessary sprites and files. I've pared many of them down. But the way they are now, they'll work fine for KR.

never mind I figured out. sadly a lot of 1920's unit are helicopters. all light inf. are just helicopters kek

I'm trying to fixin' that btw

Attachments

• 3214.png
    3214.png
    182 KB · Views: 0
never mind I figured out. sadly a lot of 1920's unit are helicopters. all light inf. are just helicopters kek

I'm trying to fixin' that btw
Oh, that's odd. It works fine with the Grand Campaign which starts in 1914 and I don't see the helicopter sprites until the 1950s for Air Cavalry - which I ended up deleting eventually.

• 1Like
Reactions:
files are mixed up. some AOIGE models aren't "synchronized" with KR

Oh, I gotcha. I've never played KR but that makes sense if the units are different. Hopefully you can sort it through with few problems.