• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Ah, but were all those troops combat troops? Don't forget Engineering districts, Coast Artillery, supply posts and bloated command staffs which were all part of any army of the period. In light of that 7 combat brigades is not too far out of the question for a 36k total army strength. Most of the US strength from its founding was militia/national guard units that could be called up and used in a timely manner for the wars of the 19th Century.

Don't forget the strategic situation either. The US had a big Navy from the late 19th century on and peaceful neighbors through much of 19th century period in V2. Sure the Mexicans had several civil wars, but they rarely spilled over to the US until the 20th century. Until WWII the US didn't see the need for a large active army as long as the navy was large enough.

..... Some people might have considered my post a cheap joke at the expense of the usual 'history didn't play out exactly as it did in real life after 100 years of divergent events' crowd... but very well, I concede completely on this point with no attempt at argumnt whatsoever.

It would be nice if we could queue armies directly, for example create a template for an all airplane army, or mixed army of certain types of division and they would queue all automaticly.

I'd really like this, too. Rally points is a great addition, but I also like to keep a good mix of brigades in my corps, so if there would be some way to order, say, 5 guards, 3 arty and 2 cavalry in province x, and for the game then to build those brigades (if possible) in the closest possible provinces and then merge them in province x. That would be super awesome.

All of this military tweaking and still no auto-hunt rebels button? That, along with everything else presented so far, would be enough for me to get this expansion. Or do you just reserve some things for future expansion packs?

Im still hoping to see hunt rebels automated like the EU3.
Can I expect something like that?
When was that introduced?

How do the changers to sprites mesh with the DLC sprite packs?

its a land army only thing. ships already gather in ports and we have plans to limit things so we get more historical amounts of ships. eg no 250 dreadnought when historically Britain had like 20-30.

:D

Mobilization Changes
Mobilization will now be capped based on the size of your standing army. How much depends on your ruling party's military policy. A pacifist party can mobilize as many as they have a standing army, whereas a fully jingoist party can mobilize up to 4 times their standing army.

I hope this wet your appetite for A House Divided.

This alone. I'm <3ing this exp by the second!

Very cool changes! Definitely going to buy AHD.

I have also one additional suggestion, to be also, eventually, separately included into the proper thread together with other small ideas - if developers have not yet thought/worked out this.

It would be very nice to have a button to "disintigrate" an army, that is to split it up by single units/divisions. It would be very useful at times when one needs to quickly occupy many undefended provinces, and currently it's a lot of time-wasting micromanagement to do it manually.

Having just come from a Russia game where I expanded my army from 60 to 230 brigades in one go-an epic clickfest if there ever was one-I greatly appreciate all these changes to army orgnization. That alone would probably make me buy this mod.

One request though-I know this is mostly cosmetic, but could you implement unique army names for the major countries, like in EU3? I know the starting armies come with unique names, and playing I normally rename armies I build as well, but of course the AI doesn't.

Very cool changes! Definitely going to buy AHD.

I have also one additional suggestion, to be also, eventually, separately included into the proper thread together with other small ideas - if developers have not yet thought/worked out this.

It would be very nice to have a button to "disintigrate" an army, that is to split it up by single units/divisions. It would be very useful at times when one needs to quickly occupy many undefended provinces, and currently it's a lot of time-wasting micromanagement to do it manually.

Also a good idea!

I hope they employ the same mechanic used for waypoints in the rebel AI. Right now, when a revolt is launched, there are too many 3K armies all trying to occupy their own province. If you can get all those regiments to combine into one army, while taking the supply limit into account, revolts can become both more challenging and less "whack-a-mole".

Mobilisation limited by standing army is just going to hurt the AI. After a war against the player, all the AI has is what it can mobilise and that will be nothing. The slow rate at which standing armies can be rebuilt already hurts them quite badly enough without stacking a mobilisation penalty on top of it.

I now feel the urge to buy Vicky 2.

Curse you Paradox! :p

:p

My main issue with the US is the ai often has such horrible military budget that it cannot ramp up with anything approaching decent speed. Many new world nations often have nothing for a standing army. Same with nations that just got hammered from a war so hopefully it will use some sort of potential and not actual current units or has some minimum amount. Also maybe redo the scale a bit. AI really needs to use national focus on soldiers more at certain times. Crazy buggers.

What about a separate slidebar for Army Maintenance and Navy Maintenance (like in Vicky 1)? With Spain and all his colonies, for example, I always have a 20-Steamer Transports unit to be used each 2-3 years and don´t need to have them at 100% like the land units.

And also in some wars, absolutely no ships are needed, but you need the Military Maintenance to be at 100% for the Army, leaving your Monitors immaculate while your Artillery is struggling to reach as much Org as possible between battles.

Looks good, will there be an indication of the closest rally point in the Build Army screen? Not absolutely necessary, mind you, but nice to know that your builds will go to one place or another. For example, I want to build two new armies consisting of 4/10/4, and I'm in no hurry (so multiple recruits in one province is ok) and I'd like to do it from the handy Army Build Screen. Nice to know who goes where.

While I'm suggesting things, is there now (and I missed it) or could there be an indication in the Army Screen how many units the provinces can support? Some throw up one unit, some 60, so often I just want to start on the huge manpower pools because it can take years to finish recruiting. Having 200 available brigades to be built is one thing if it's 100 provinces of 2 brigades each, and quite another if it's four provinces of 50 brigades each. I'd prefer to use up the deep pools on a steady basis so if I'm ever in a rush I can go to a few dozen shallow pools.