• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
They cant currently affect it, but it gives them some heads up to focus on defense and perhaps band together with some allies.
Still creating a CB doesn't necessarily mean you will always get a war right?

Still creating a CB doesn't necessarily mean you will always get a war right?

no, but its very likely. You dont have to attack with it straight away, but it will expire within a year.

I very like this system, it's a thing needed in Victoria 2
In a situation where the build up of CB is leaked, there event that build up for example an international solidariety to the "victim"? for example an event that spread around to some countries, to decide if defend it or stay neutral accepting the situation.

Sounds good, a bit more scheming is definitely what Victoria II could use. I'm thinking that if you're making CBs more dynamic, maybe it's possible to make cheaper or give out free CBs when you're in a long war and have got high war exhaustion, or the opponent has high infamy, so that a WWI situation is simulated where a whole range of wargoals were fulfilled.

Will allies be more reliable/predictable than they are now? Perhaps a trust system like EU3?

Will there be wargoals to take multiple states at once? That would really help out vis-a-vis the Mexican-American war. Or in a great war you could add a wargoal to take all their colonies.

Yes this would be great, at present it is very difficult for the US to actually fight a proper Mexican-American war due to war goal limits. Though it needs to be balanced to prevent US eating mexico completely in the war (though I still think a conquest of a single country should be easier than it is, not like HOI3 but more towards that direction).

Plus one more thing at present it is possible to force a state to release a country, unfortunately it is only 1 state at a time, I realise that it can cripple someone but most states, ie Poland, Czechoslovakia, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania etc were released whole (though with the first two it was more an internal revolution).

Could this be changed that for instance forcing the UK to release Scotland, releases all of Scotland rather than a small state with claims?(I dont know for sure if Scotland is multi state in Vicky 2 but there are other examples like the Philippenes etc.)

Thought I would add a few requests though

Will there be a better way to find colonies that can turn into states and turn them into states? (maybe a map view?).

Interesting system but I don´t think Paradox will be able to please everyone... If CBs are too easy to abuse they will certainly please warmongers that like world conquest instead of realistic games, if they are too hard to get the game will be too static... let´s see.

Will there be a better way to find colonies that can turn into states and turn them into states? (maybe a map view?).
I think the administrative map mode functions pretty well for this. Green colonies tend to be ready to turn into states.

So will countries still have their long-term CBs? For example Austria/Prussia's CB on France for Alsace-Lorraine. Is that something that will permanently be available for Austria/Prussia, or will it require a time period of time to create a CB? In one sense, the former is nicer to have the instant CB, so you can attack France when they're at war with someone else.

Do AI countries have the same process? It'll be so nice to get a warning when someone is thinking of attacking you.

Overall, sounds like a great improvement, but...

How does the AI react to finding out about a CB being cooked against it? I can think of a fairly serious exploit if it always mobilises and prepares, as I can just keep cooking casi belli against rivals (making it dirt easy to discover with free press), without ever using one, just to keep them from demobilising and to drain their resources.

Thanks for a DD!
I think this a correct way of game development. It is pleasant to me, that now there will be a probability to know about foreign policy of other states. Now I shall have an opportunity from it to build the policy.

I don't know about taking individual provinces, but a friend and I were talking about those wars that spend 20 infamy for one-province states(like Nice under S-P).

A state is usually made up of 4 provinces, so what if Paradox just made wars cost 2.5 infamy per province? Most states would fall under 10 infamy each, some small ones would be justified better, and bigger ones (like France's Providence has 5 (6 if you count Nice) provinces) would be justified too. It's still a whole-state system, but for Nice or other internationally divided states it would be a Godsend.

Then the Conquest CB could follow the same rule, except, say, at 150% the cost. So... a three province state would cost (2.5*3)*1.5 = 11.25 infamy rather than a whooping 20 as it is now.

Just some very wishful thinking for new content. :)

This was present in the original Vicky and the expansion.
I have to admit that I was quite shocked when discovering the heavy-handed way that infamy was handled in V-2.
Thus, I support reimplementing this.

New wargoals ?
Pleeeease Paradox team make a "change regime" casus belli, at the moment you can't spread the revolution to your neighbours and that's annoying !

awesome :D

this is a very nice step towards making reforms the double-edged sword they should be.

as the saying goes, you can't eat your liberal-cake and warmonger too!

New wargoals ?
Pleeeease Paradox team make a "change regime" casus belli, at the moment you can't spread the revolution to your neighbours and that's annoying !

That war goal would be a fantastic idea; I'd certainly support it.

It may be sacrilege, but I'm way more excited about this than Crusader Kings II (possibly because I've never played the original).

Overall, sounds like a great improvement, but...

How does the AI react to finding out about a CB being cooked against it? I can think of a fairly serious exploit if it always mobilises and prepares, as I can just keep cooking casi belli against rivals (making it dirt easy to discover with free press), without ever using one, just to keep them from demobilising and to drain their resources.
I'd expect there would be other downsides to having your cb's discovered, even if you don't do anything about it. Constantly rattling your sabre would probably cause more trouble to you (through other nations being wary of you, your alliance getting worked up about all your warmongering, and maybe infamy problems or problems with your pacifists) than a little mobilization preparedness to your rivals.

Very interesting additions, it sounds like it will be very fun.