• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
More options for scheming and plotting, yeah!

And please, give us force government type CB, so that we can put an emperor on the Mexican throne!

Oh, and some kind of plot feature like the one CKII is going to have, so that we can recreate the equivalent of the Balkan War^^?

Guy on the last page said:
denmark won't get declared war on at day 1...
Note that he mentioned you just have to fabricated a Casus Bellis if you don't have one already, so things like Prussia's wars with Denmark and France for cores will still happen.

Now that that's over, here's some suggestion rambling:
-Perhaps add a casus bellis for when your country gets Influence-Banned for a nation for "Remove from Sphere" on the offender to stop the likes of Austria or France's infinite Ban Ambassadors, and it'd sour relations more than it does now, adding a little bit of strategy of keeping your sphere beyond "Ban ALL the ambassadors!"
-Also, as I mentioned earlier, perhaps add a chain of events that would lead to "Free People/Sattelite" casus bellis, historical examples being in former Yugoslavia and Jordan?

Bah.

Definitely looks to be an improvement in that area. Looking forward to pre ordering AHD.

This looks great. Hopefully it will cut down on things like German Provence and British Kalmykia. It should be easier and more acceptable to plot for colonial possessions than contiguous possessions that have the defendant's primary culture.

So basically a plot mechanic for nation states?

EDIT:

No, a subjugate war goal that does not care about size of the defeated power will result in the weirdness we had in Vicky, where you could turn all the GPs into satellites and attain hegemony fairly easily.

While I can't think of too many subjugated "civilised" nations during this period, and therefore agree that a subjugation war goal probably isn't needed, don't forget that there's a new war goal to free yourself from subjugation. You might find it a little difficult to keep half a dozen former great powers as your puppet if they're allowed to plot together to overthrow you.

Looks like some positive additions to the game. :)

And the Balkan Wars.

I assume the OP meant to limit the timeframe to the nineteenth century, otherwise the comment doesn't make much sense given the First World War and the follow-up conflicts it engendered.

This is great!
What i really think we have currently lacking in the war system is how wars happen rather .... spontaneously.
Hopefully this will only mean that we can have a true feel of a "road to war" and that the ai will react to it as well, with troops amassing on the borders.

I am looking forward to this expansion! :)

I assume the OP meant to limit the timeframe to the nineteenth century, otherwise the comment doesn't make much sense given the First World War and the follow-up conflicts it engendered.

Uh, don't remember that incident in 1878? Otherwise known as the Russo-Turkish war, but basically just a balkan war.

On a related subject:
Will we finally have any semblance of Balance of Power? From what I can tell even with this new system the engine won't be able to reproduce the diplomacy of Bismark at all. He couldn't attack France, but not because of French Alliances (they hand none) but because the other Great Powers wouldn't tolerate such an aggressive German action. Yet ingame the exact same Germany could just manufacture a CB against France, attack them and basically take whatever they want, without any fear of intervention from the other GP's.

Will there be a better way to find colonies that can turn into states and turn them into states? (maybe a map view?).

Is it hard to see? Admin mapmode shows it, and there's a different icon on the list of states on the population view so a quick scroll over it shows anyplace ready for statehood.

While I can't think of too many subjugated "civilised" nations during this period, and therefore agree that a subjugation war goal probably isn't needed, don't forget that there's a new war goal to free yourself from subjugation. You might find it a little difficult to keep half a dozen former great powers as your puppet if they're allowed to plot together to overthrow you.

I wouldn't mind it if subjugation was restricted to minor powers and uncivs. What I really don't want to see are GPs subjugating other GPs. If you beat Austria down past the secondary power level and then subjugate them, that's fine. But it is a bit silly for Germany to subjugate GP France.

"Alright, instead of taking A-L, you are now a German satellite. You have to do what we say."

"Ummm, how about no. Le come at us, le bro!"

:)

And, if I read this correctly, it will mean the end of WC in VIIcky. Of course, tempistics should be seen, but it is already difficult now (not impossible), so I don't see it happen anymore, with a new limit.

Of course, I don't think this is a bad thing.