• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Fantastic! How will it work for the country that finds out though? Will they be forced to just build up and hope for the best or can they do things to discourage a manufactured CB? Do they get a CB in return?

They cant currently affect it, but it gives them some heads up to focus on defense and perhaps band together with some allies.

First!

How will the status quo wars hadle? Will atacker loose CB if quo enforsed?

Also how would alles react to you creating wargoals?

Will we be able to create sort of "coalition" when country X and Country Y both cook wargoals against country C?

Will we get some general info on what exactly are the AIs dimplomatic intrests?

AI will take this stuff in consideration, so results like that is something we want, kinda a band together and buildup phase before wars. Status quo wars are not changed. you still need to wait for someone to actually declare war before you can intervene. Not sure what you mean about interests exactly, but with this (remember war justifications are always visible to allies even if not detected), looking at how AI uses influence etc around the world you can get a decent idea. There will be some more stuff like this as well in later diaries.

Looks nice. Will the speed of creating CBs increase in every country over time, or will advances help slow down the manufacture of CBs against you?

No, its focused on your own country only, so on one hand if you say get Nationalism tech you can create CBs faster but as you get more reforms there is chance of more events that slow down (and speed up) development.

edit:
oh, and will be there a bonus for the fight of independance ? normally it's hardly possible to beat as minor your master, except with some motivation and maybe an ally ...

well its not supposed to be easy. its supposed to be very hard and you need to wait for the right opportunity. The AI probably wont try to break free at all unless the master completely screws up somehow.

Great! A system that suits the period much better than the previous system since International Law had developed a long shot since the EU3 period. This alone makes AHD worth it.

Sounds like fun. :)

yes my hope is that it will make alliance making and scheming even more cutthroat in weekly office multiplayer :)

it is a nice feature. but there is no need to fight :D. you can live in prosperity without any agression. but in reality, countries fought for some reason. in early versions, steel was very precious, so were iron and coal. states like bohemia and pyongyang had some strategic importance because of that. imho, game needs such strategic locations which will boost a country's smth so that countries will fight for them. do you have any plans to work on that?

Some very interesting changes to the CB system, it will be like a whole new game! Also, nice change for the puppets there.

My Austrian-Ottoman Plan is coming to light!

Must... kick... the... Turks out of Europe

Will there be wargoals to take multiple states at once? That would really help out vis-a-vis the Mexican-American war. Or in a great war you could add a wargoal to take all their colonies.

(prestige effects will now scale instead of being a fixed effect so prestige modifying wargoals should still be quite potent late game from now on).

See you again next week when we will be talking about some new political tools you can use as a player.

THIS. FINALLY some common sense and balancing on this regard.

The time to fabricate CB's is variable, but I am just wandering the range of it, should we expect, several months, years or even decades?

Since I want to know if conquering the world is still possible. Since I saw that Spanish Empire that owned 1/3 of the world (all of SA, Half of NA, most of Africa) I dreamt of doing something similar

Last edited:
The time to fabricate CB's is variable, but I am just wandering the range of it, should we expect, several months, years or even decades?

Since I want to know if conquering the world is still possible. Since I saw that Spanish Empire that owned 1/3 of the world (all of SA, Half of NA, most of Africa) I dreamt of doing something similar

we have still to let people play very much with the system so its very open to change based on feedback, but the idea is years. not decades (its very moddable though)

Last edited:
Really neat idea! To add some flavour maybe you could add in a portrait of diplomats at a round-table brainstorming on fabricating a CB that wouldn't piss the other powers off.

I think it's going to make wars a bit less frequent and a lot more stable, plus more chance for the victim to prepare for war (especially useful for minors and uncivs).

I like these improvements a lot :)

Question though: If the details of a future CB against you are 'leaked' to the world, does it have any impact on your allies too? By that I mean, would they be more likely to stick with you, break the alliance, run away when war starts, etc.? (I'm thinking of the fast-white-peacing problem that sometimes happens now, for example)

I like these improvements a lot :)

Question though: If the details of a future CB against you are 'leaked' to the world, does it have any impact on your allies too? By that I mean, would they be more likely to stick with you, break the alliance, run away when war starts, etc.?

it depends on what happens. if they notice the target getting a lot of support then they can do that