Ad Astra! ... an Aurora Forum Game, run by blue emu

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
As far as we can tell, the Chix started a war against the Kiri, who have not shown any aggression against us. As it seems to be the Chix who are threatening trade and stability, I vote no against declaring war against the Kiri.

Yes, so far, the only combat we've seen is Chix ships blowing up Kiri scout ships. We haven't seen the Kiri shoot back, let alone shoot first. There are no wrecks in the Chix home system. We don't know where the Kiri home system is, yet. I propose to send out scouts to the systems beyond the Chix home world, as soon as our scouts come out of overhaul.

Reconaissance first with an aim to help our allies. Find the Kiri Tikanawa homeworld first and then make those Kiwis sing.

But Recon first. But I do agree we should aid our Chix allies.

Aye.

Kiwis are not known for being vocal singers, it's the Welsh you want for that.

I'd say stay out of it normally, but perhaps this is just the point of interest we're looking for?

I would advise as a member of the science committee that we eventually declare war on at least the Naniwa once we have comprehensively explored their reach. They may have patrons of their own (aka the NPR we haven't found yet), so I advise caution before we deal with them militarily. At the very least, delay the war declaration until we have ascertained their technological level is not above or at parity with our own.

Governor Randakar concurs with the judgement of the Science committee. No course of action should be taken that is not well-considered in advance.
(Yeah, I'm a bureaucrat. That's what governors are for, aren't they?)

Yes, so far, the only combat we've seen is Chix ships blowing up Kiri scout ships. We haven't seen the Kiri shoot back, let alone shoot first. There are no wrecks in the Chix home system. We don't know where the Kiri home system is, yet. I propose to send out scouts to the systems beyond the Chix home world, as soon as our scouts come out of overhaul.

You're right legalities must be observed. I support scouting first, then when we come across a kiwi vessle that shoots at the chix we have a casus belli to intervene. The chix must be saved from the kix.

Shouldn't it be:
Mary loves a little lamb...

I thought it was:

Mary had a little lamb
Her parents were scandalized,
Put the lamb up for adoption,
And sent Mary to a convent...

We'll need to find them first. It's embarassing declaring war on a nation when you don't even know where it is...

Bah it used to happen in EU3 all the time :D

now would be a great time to have some jump capable stealthy scouts to find the enemy home world... to sneak around their jump points and find their world without being detected... :)

Rear Admiral Hellvink has retired at the age of 61.

Speaking of which, am I still waiting for new ships to come off the slipways?

Yes, in about a month the first non-jump Attitudes will be ready. Same armament as a Battlecruiser:

Attitude III - NJ class Light Cruiser 11,750 tons 1211 Crew 3375.3 BP TCS 235 TH 603.75 EM 540
7340 km/s Armour 6-46 Shields 18-250 Sensors 1/1/0/0 Damage Control Rating 10 PPV 54
Annual Failure Rate: 110% IFR: 1.5% Maint Capacity 1795 MSP Max Repair 270 MSP Est Time: 3 Years
Magazine 520

Internal Confinement Fusion Drive E7.8 (15) Power 115 Fuel Use 78% Signature 40.25 Armour 0 Exp 12%
Fuel Capacity 525,000 Litres Range 103.1 billion km (162 days at full power)
Delta R250/17.5 Shields (7) Total Fuel Cost 123 Litres per day

CIWS-250 (1x6) Range 1000 km TS: 25000 km/s ROF 5 Base 50% To Hit
Size 1 Missile Launcher (6) Missile Size 1 Rate of Fire 10
Size 6 Missile Launcher (8) Missile Size 6 Rate of Fire 45
Missile Fire Control 2055 FC136-R100 (50%) (2) Range 136.1m km Resolution 100
Missile PD Fire Control 2053 FC24-R1 (50%) (2) Range 24.2m km Resolution 1
Size 6-G 2053 ASM (72) Speed: 44,700 km/s End: 22.5m Range: 60.3m km WH: 9 Size: 6 TH: 313 / 187 / 93
Size 1-G 2053 AAM (88) Speed: 66,500 km/s End: 2.2m Range: 9m km WH: 1 Size: 1 TH: 487 / 292 / 146

Active Search Sensor 2053 MR113-R100 (50%) (1) GPS 8100 Range 113.4m km Resolution 100
Active PD Search Sensor 2055 MR25-R1 (50%) (1) GPS 180 Range 25.2m km Resolution 1

Missile to hit chances are vs targets moving at 3000 km/s, 5000 km/s and 10,000 km/s

This design is classed as a Military Vessel for maintenance purposes

What is the build time of those Attitudes cruisers? Is it practical to build out the fleet with quite a bunch of them, paired up with 2 jump capable ones for a smaller Cruising force?

Because it is cooler to fight with cruisers than fighters (albeit that the fighters have proven very effective.)