Ad Astra! ... an Aurora Forum Game, run by blue emu

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Don't be fooled by the pitiful to-hit numbers of TH: 18 / 11 / 5 ... those refer to the missile bus. The MIRV warheads themselves have to-hit numbers of TH: 406 / 243 / 121.

I like the fact the MIRV first-stages are considerably slower than the Super Streaks. They're not much faster than the new Monitors themselves.

I like the fact the MIRV first-stages are considerably slower than the Super Streaks. They're not much faster than the new Monitors themselves.

One MIRV version seperates into 14 size-2 warheads (each strength-4), the other version seperates into 7 size-4 warheads (each strength-9). They are primarily bombardment weapons, used at long range (150 m-km+) against targets that won't be going anywhere. They utilize Drone engines instead of Missile engines, to maximize range and fuel efficiency at the expense of speed.

Last edited:
Now that is cool!

Yeah... the Drone "missiles" sort of creep across the map at only 11,000 kps or so, then suddenly spew out huge numbers of MIRVed warheads as they approach the target. The Reptile-II Monitors have three size-36 missile tubes each, and one salvo from a single ship can put 42 strength-4 warheads (3 tubes x 14 warheads per drone) or 21 strength-9 warheads (3 tubes x 7 warheads per drone) on target. Naturally, the released warheads suddenly streak in the last 5 m-km at a substantial fraction (about 20%) of the speed of light. Should be quite effective.

One of the cool things about this game is that you don't just build ships, or even design and then build ships... you actually design the individual components to your own specifications, based on your design philosophy which in turn depends on your strategic and tactical doctrine, and THEN you design and build a ship to take best advantage of those unique components. Meanwhile, your opponents have their own designs, chosen according to their own design philosophy.

Last edited:
Hmm, are the standart missiles we use also two stage? I've found it very nice approach generally as well (even without drone stage).

Hmm, are the standart missiles we use also two stage? I've found it very nice approach generally as well (even without drone stage).

Not for size-1 or size-6, but our size-8 missiles are two-stage. I usually don't bother to multi-stage small missiles.

New alien race detected in Gamma Pavonis:

G160_Bovinators.jpg

G159_Bovinators.jpg

I have tentatively named them the Bovinators... although, if they shoot at our scout, they may turn out to be Dix.

:rofl:

I can see new business opportunities gallore! Grass dealers, steak & cojones restaurants, marksman contests ("hit the bull's eye, win a free cojones meal!"), ... Golden times lay ahead!

What shall we call them? The Gammoo? Guffalos? Tasty-meaty-steaks? Cojonestadores? Moo-Moos?

The Moo-ocracy of Wuffalos?

Gnus?

Lay off the scandibovines.

Last edited:
The new race has identified itself as The Empire of Limiera, but we will continue to refer to it as the Moo-ocracy of Scandi-Gnu-Vians.