Ad Astra! ... an Aurora Forum Game, run by blue emu

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Captain, Battle-II class Heavy Cruiser ESN Medway, CT 125, FMI 447, Ops +10%, Logistics +15%, Punctual.

Thanks. If I ever get promoted at least I'll show up on time to the ceremony...

The last of our initial production run of three hundred and six Super-Streak Fighters has been completed, and all six Constellation class Fleet Carriers have now had their air groups upgraded to the new model... fifty-one Super-Streaks per Carrier. The older but still potent Streak Fighters have been reassigned to guard our colonies from surprise attacks, and the still older and obsolescent Gnat Fighters and X-wing FACs have been withdrawn from colony-guard service and scrapped.

Nice, I'm glad I went back to carriers again, I made commodore in no time! :D

Yeah, when I picked out a new character for you, I chose an NPC with Fighter Ops skill... that will usually fast-track you back into Carrier Ops since it gives a bonus to Deck Handling (refueling and rearming air-strikes)..

Yeah, when I picked out a new character for you, I chose an NPC with Fighter Ops skill... that will usually fast-track you back into Carrier Ops since it gives a bonus to Deck Handling (refueling and rearming air-strikes)..

I hope I'm fairly young. Would stink to end up retiring in another few years again.

While exploring the Gliese 526 system beyond the Chix home-world... in search of the Kiri system... our scouts have stumbled across what is clearly a well-developed Chix colony world. The Thermal and EM readings would seem to indicate a population of roughly 30-50 million.

This is quite unusual... neither the Charlies nor the Seals nor the Belizards have established any colonies, as far as we know. Could the Chix be an active, expansionist NPR rather than the minor race that we assumed they were? Bear in mind that the Chix are also the only NPR that we have observed to be doing any fighting.

Can't the random civilizations expand as well? We have known them for quite awhile, they could probably made such a big colony in the time we had known them, if they been busy from the moment they spawned.

While exploring the Gliese 526 system beyond the Chix home-world... in search of the Kiri system... our scouts have stumbled across what is clearly a well-developed Chix colony world. The Thermal and EM readings would seem to indicate a population of roughly 30-50 million.

This is quite unusual... neither the Charlies nor the Seals nor the Belizards have established any colonies, as far as we know. Could the Chix be an active, expansionist NPR rather than the minor race that we assumed they were? Bear in mind that the Chix are also the only NPR that we have observed to be doing any fighting.

Maybe that was the Kiri homeworld but the Chix invaded them ?

Maybe that was the Kiri homeworld but the Chix invaded them ?

The Thermal and EM signatures are much too low to be anybody's home world.

In other news, the Second Fleet has departed Earth en-route to the SFT 1321 system to squash some more Prix.

How about, Chix bombarded it to stone age then proceeded to land ?

It would take an awful brutal bombardment to reduce the Thermal and EM signatures by about 90%. Also, there are no wrecks in the system. You would expect to find some, in a battle for someone's home world.

EDIT:

Our Xeno-archeological dig on Lacaille 9352 has recovered technical details which will raise our Factory Production efficiency to 420%. Our Factory Production efficiency is now so high that the next tech level would cost 600,000 research points, while the next tech level of Mining efficiency would cost 2,500,000 research points. Since our research labs only generate 320 research points each over the course of a year, we have effectively topped-out in those two fields and further progress will be limited to "looted" techs found in ruins.

Last edited:
We've been ambushed!

We had attached two Fleet Tankers to the Second Fleet, jumped from Sol to Ross 248 to Struve 2398 to Gliese 892 to Lalande 21185, then refueled and detached the Tankers to await our return, then made the final jump into the Prix-dominated SFT 1321 system... and a pair of Prix warships was waiting for us, right on the jump-point where they can attack us at point-blank range while we are still suffering from jump-shock.

G169_Prix.jpg

This could get ugly...

Can't the random civilizations expand as well? We have known them for quite awhile, they could probably made such a big colony in the time we had known them, if they been busy from the moment they spawned.
Some said it happened in their games at least.
I'll soon know if my own aliens can do it.

Ah, at last some action :D
(well, with my luck, I'll be in the first 2nd Fleet downed ship)
First time we see this in this game, isn't it? So, these Prix managed to spot our entry point...
Well, good luck with the fight.

Emu will prevail!

The Prix warships have backed off by 9 k-km before opening fire... not sure why.

G170_Prix.jpg

We have scrambled our Fighters so that they won't be caught on-deck. All ships have been ordered to open fire, but we will have to first wait out the jump-shock and then wait out the combat orders delay. This gives the Prix plenty of time to hurt us badly, no matter whether they are armed with guns or missiles.

@GaiusC: you are in First Fleet.

Damn chix's revealed our position. Guess we are lucky they didn't jump system and started wrecking havok while our fleet was on the other end of the galaxy.

Damn chix's revealed our position. Guess we are lucky they didn't jump system and started wrecking havok while our fleet was on the other end of the galaxy.

Yes, they certainly located the jump point by watching that Chix Molcajete jump in.

Odd developments: two combat rounds (of five seconds each) have passed, and the Prix haven't fired yet. Our sensors have begun coming back on-line and, if their readings can be trusted, these Prix ships are capable of only 1,971 kps! That, taken together with their anomalously high Thermal signature, makes them sound like civilian ships... could we have been "ambushed" by unarmed ships?

EDIT: One of them has turned on an active sensor, so presumably they carry armament of some sort.

EDIT: Twenty-five seconds and still no incoming fire. What's taking them so long? Are they as surprised as we are?

EDIT: Nearly a minute has gone by, and we are still in jump-shock. The Prix still haven't fired, but have closed back in to point-blank range again. Perhaps my initial assesment was correct, and they are civilian ships? In either case, I don't understand what's going on... except that we are still alive.

Last edited:
Roughly two minutes have gone by. ESN Agincourt has come out of jump-shock. Hopefully it won't be too much longer. Still no incoming fire. If these ships are unarmed... then who killed the Chix ship? Who killed our scout?

EDIT:

ESN Ajax has come out of jump-shock and immediately fired... apparently, the Battlecruisers aren't set for sync-fire like the older ships. It's going to be a rather ragged volley, but at these odds it will hardly make much difference.

EDIT:

The eight size-6 strength-9 missiles fired by ESN Ajax scored eight hits... no apparent effect. Reloading. Most of the rest of the fleet is still in jump-shock; only one or two other ships are back under control, and they are waiting to sync for a fleet salvo.

EDIT:

ESN Jutland has fired.

EDIT:

ESN Jutland scores six hits out of six on the other Prix ship. No apparent effect. ESN Agamemnon has fired.

Last edited: