• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It's good for now I think. Industralisation has to be looked at, but as it is now the end date will be 1849, but can be changed later to include the American Civil War and the Franco-Prussian war, either way I don't want it to continue past 1900 (the game will become to easy then)

1) With the dates mentioned above, we can drop level 5 and move the rest 1 up, to include a "better" infrastructure in level 1. Perhaps cannals can replace it.

2) I think we can drop allmost all later produced goods (tanks, aeroplanes and the like) so we can add some sort of second machine part good. And perhaps we can include new factories (replacing the useless ones) to say include jewelry.

Sounds good. If you include the definitive end date of 1900, then you can knock off at least two factories, and the shift up would be fitting as well. Canals sound good, my only concern is that they weren't nearly as wide spread. That's why I was thinking something along the lines of wagon roads or something. So that the first upgrade graphic would be the graphic every province starts the game with in 1836.

I'll change them to trade buildings, except one province as Ivan the Mad suggested.

With the current colony construction, that should make the final settling of them take a while. Also, as an amusing thought, I think the Napolean loses at Waterloo event have a B option that has him "win" placing France at war with most of Europe and docking some prestige. With an ai chance of 0 until/unless someone wanted to create an unhistorical chain.

Ivan the Mad said:
With the current colony construction, that should make the final settling of them take a while. Also, as an amusing thought, I think the Napolean loses at Waterloo event have a B option that has him "win" placing France at war with most of Europe and docking some prestige. With an ai chance of 0 until/unless someone wanted to create an unhistorical chain.

Hmmm, perhaps use this event for AI, and a second one for a human with a b option. Another way is possibly to make two events, one for the historical outcome and one for a Napoleonic victory using a random trigger. Say Napoleon wins has a random chance of 2-3 % and the Napoleon losses has a 97-98% chance of firing.

Yeah, I was figuring blocking it for the AI would be best, just because I doubt it would last too long. While a random trigger might be the most historical/accurate way to protray it, I would think a player wanting to keep Napolean in power might get a bit....agitated if they had to keep reloading till he won.

I'll make two events as described above for the Battle of Waterloo using the random trigger. But it will be without any real effect, except that you'll stay a pres. dictatorship.

I'll write some events about the Argentinian and Chilean colonization of Patagonia, to avoid some weird consequences (like Russia, UK or USA colonizing there).

Also I've removed the Falklands from Britain. The Falklands were colonized by Argentina in 1820, and the USA destroyed the Argentinian settlement around 1830, finally in 1833 Britain invaded the Island and evicted the Argentinian population. I'll work on some events for this.

I think most will be the same as in the regular scenario. UK, Russia, Prussia, France, Austria, the Ottoman Empire. The lower two I'm not sure about, perhaps USA, Sweden, Holland or Sardinia-Piedmonte. Perhaps even Spain can hold the 8th place.

Wannabe Tatar said:
I think most will be the same as in the regular scenario. UK, Russia, Prussia, France, Austria, the Ottoman Empire. The lower two I'm not sure about, perhaps USA, Sweden, Holland or Sardinia-Piedmonte. Perhaps even Spain can hold the 8th place.

ooh yeah why in real history,the prussia didn't unify the whole germany since it is soo powerful??

T'ung Dynasty said:
ooh yeah why in real history,the prussia didn't unify the whole germany since it is soo powerful??
Because they wanted to have a Germany dominated by Prussia, methinks. Including Austria would shift the balance, lessening the influence Prussia had over German affairs.

BTW, historical questions without particular relevance to the game (or thread?) are best placed in the History Forums :)

(this post is also made to subscribe myself to the thread, since I think this project is interesting and I want to see how it turns out :))

Last edited:
rafiki said:
Because they wanted to have a Germany dominated by Prussia, methinks. Including Austria would shift the balance, lessening the influence Prussia had over German affairs.

BTW, historical questions without particular relevance to the game (or thread?) are best place in the History Forums :)

(this post is also made to subscribe myself to the thread, since I think this project is interesting and I want to see how it turns out :))

ooh thnks, i didn't know that there is such history column,thanks a lot

Last edited:
I've given the economy some thought, especially the machine parts, and I decided that perhaps it would be better to use the basic factories (lumber, fabric, glass, cement) to require 1 machine part and the higher use more machine parts. Also I've increased the other costs for the factories to avoid over industrialization in the beginning of the game. It will need some testing, but if the factory efficiency is set at a certain number so Britain would only gain 1 machine part each few months or per year it would certainly slow down industrialization.

To avoid early tech rushes and higher efficient industries I decided to remove the luxury furniture and luxury clothing factories so there won't be any of those resources available from the start and you've to wait till one country builds such a factory.

Perhaps I can upload a very first version of the mod later today.

I've uploaded a progress file through rapidshare. If there are any problems with the download or the download link, let me know and I'll try to fix it. Rapidshare is a temporarily solution untill I find out how to upload it here.

Comments and suggestion welcomed!

Last edited:
Wannabe Tatar said:
I've uploaded a progress file through rapidshare. If there are any problems with the download or the download link, let me know and I'll try to fix it. Rapidshare is a temporarily solution untill I find out how to upload it here.
You are more than welcome to use VickyWiki to host this if you'd like :)

rafiki said:
You are more than welcome to use VickyWiki to host this if you'd like :)

Thanks for the offer, Rafiki, I'll think about it. Perhaps I'll upload my next progress file there.