• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Italy:
Italy1815.jpg

Belgium/West Germany:
BelgiumandwestGermany.jpg

Southern Germany:
southerngermany1815.jpg

Prussia/Saxony etc:
PrussiaandSaxony1815.jpg

The maps look good KF, just a few questions. To whom should Posen and Gniezo go? Should it become some seperate state? In that case I'll make Congress Poland also a satellite state. Also should Montenegro and Serbia be satellites of the OE or actually be part of the OE?

Poland should exist, although as a satellite of Russia. During the Congress of Vienna Prussia should get those provinces, so Prussia should get them during 1815. Poland should exist for a little more, till the Polish revolt, when Russia can conquer it and fully integrate it into the Russian empire etc

KF could you give me a map of central Germany or should it remain as it is at the 1836 start up? In one you have a border between Wiesbaden and Mainz and on the next the border moved between Mainz and Darmstadt.

With the Congress of Vienna events firing, the area should become as it is in the GC, right? Meaning Nassau will go to Mainz, Frankfurt becomes independent, Hesse-Kassel will lose Giessen to Darmstadt and Darmstadt will gain Wiesbaden.

Ok, I'll start working on the Congress of Vienna Events now. And create Naples aswell

Wannabe Tatar said:
If you feel like it you can change the party start dates. Just change all 1836 (and earlier) startdates to 1815. Later we can make new parties. Or if you think that is too much work, then you can write some events.

i'm finished editing the parties start dates. want me to e-mail it to you?

yes, please. Mail them to martijn_meer@hotmail.com with the subject 1815 (or something like that).

I'll start tweaking the country setups and change some colonies in Asia. Recently I stumbled across some treaty between England and Holland in which Holland seceded Malacca to Britain, and Britain seceded Bencoolen to Holland.

Last edited:
Wannabe Tatar said:
yes, please. Mail them to martijn_meer@hotmail.com with the subject 1815 (or something like that).

I'll start tweaking the country setups and change some colonies in Asia. Recently I stumbled across some treaty between England and Holland in which Holland seceded Malacca to Britain, and Britain seceded Bencoolen to Holland.

e-mail sent. let me know if there are any problems

Thanks, it has no loading errors. Although I found some mistake with the Holland setup, for some reason it started with a french party :wacko:

About your suggestion, let me think about it. I'll write you a reply about it tomorrow.

Wannabe Tatar said:
Thanks, it has no loading errors. Although I found some mistake with the Holland setup, for some reason it started with a french party :wacko:

About your suggestion, let me think about it. I'll write you a reply about it tomorrow.

sounds good. either way feel free to ask for anything

What about techs? Should we need extra techs for the early period? It seems to me a bit weird to research post-napoleonic thought even when Napoleon is still around. I've done some testing and it's possible to add at least one tech per sector, before it gets really messy in game.

So far I came to this additions:

Army Techs
Army doctrine: Napoleonic Thought
Light Armament: Matchlock Rifles
Heavy Armament:
Military Science: Battle Plans
Army Leadership: Battle Posistions

Naval Techs
Naval Doctrine: Nelsonian Thought
Ship Construction: Shipwright Constructed Ships
Naval Engineering: Sail Plans
Naval Science: Adaption of Weather Conditions
Naval Leadership: Battle Posts

Commerce Techs
Financial Institutions: Central Banks
Monetary System:
Economic Thought and Critique:
Market Functionality: Mercantilism
Organization:

Culture Techs
Aesthetics:
Philosophy:
Social Thought:
Political Thought:
Psychology:

Industry Techs
Power: Draught Animals (animals used in transportation and industry)
Mechanization: Steam Powered Tools
Metallurgy: Shaft Mining (possibly some other sort of mining or metallurgy)
Infrastructure: Wagonways
Chemistry and Electricity: Early Chemistry

This is just a first draft of techs, comments and suggestions are welcome.

Wannabe Tatar said:
What about techs? Should we need extra techs for the early period? It seems to me a bit weird to research post-napoleonic thought even when Napoleon is still around. I've done some testing and it's possible to add at least one tech per sector, before it gets really messy in game.

So far I came to this additions:

Army Techs
Army doctrine: Napoleonic Thought
Light Armament: Matchlock Rifles
Heavy Armament:
Military Science: Battle Plans
Army Leadership: Battle Posistions

Naval Techs
Naval Doctrine: Nelsonian Thought
Ship Construction: Shipwright Constructed Ships
Naval Engineering: Sail Plans
Naval Science: Adaption of Weather Conditions
Naval Leadership: Battle Posts

Commerce Techs
Financial Institutions: Central Banks
Monetary System:
Economic Thought and Critique:
Market Functionality: Mercantilism
Organization:

Culture Techs
Aesthetics:
Philosophy:
Social Thought:
Political Thought:
Psychology:

Industry Techs
Power: Draught Animals (animals used in transportation and industry)
Mechanization: Steam Powered Tools
Metallurgy: Shaft Mining (possibly some other sort of mining or metallurgy)
Infrastructure: Wagonways
Chemistry and Electricity: Early Chemistry

This is just a first draft of techs, comments and suggestions are welcome.

i'm not quite sure what to do w/ the techs. maybe reducing the starting tech advances for every country will be ok. by 1815 post nepoleonic thought should probably be available. as for 1792, i'd have to revert back farther. i figure the literacy % for each country should be lowered for an earlier scenario, thus slowing tech advance some. also, i figure it should take about 2yrs to fully research a tech. so, w/ a country in 1836 normally beginning w/ about lvl 5 in each area, if i, as an example, reverted them to lvl 3 in each area, hopefully it would be about par by 1836. however, reducing commerce techs may be dangerous as it is difficult to make money at lvl 5 commerce in 1836 scenario. i dont know, i dont see a perfect transition w/ the tech problem

As for now, and probably the first release aswell, I won't change the techs. Perhaps it's better to use the vanilla techs, but make some changes to them. Especially the Freedom of Trade tech.

Does literacy actually affect progress speeds of techs? I thought it was just RP. Of course POPs still need to be changed which will reduce the amount of RPs gained. And it's possible to change the time to research a tech aswell. Perhaps a good solution would be to increase the cost by 25%-50% and increase time by 50% aswell? So it will take 18 months to research a tech, if you have sufficient RP. And instead of 9-10 it will cost 14 or 15 RP. Cost and time reduction can be handeled by event IIRC.

For the economy, I thought perhaps it's better to use certain inventions to give you 1 or 2 machine parts and remove the machine part factory from Britain. In the current setup Britain will be overpowered pretty quickly if they have a machine part factory.

I've thought about increasing the costs for colonial buildings with ammunition and manpower. To slow down colonization, since ammunition is/or will be a scarce resource.

Of course all of the above I'll test this weekend when I've enough time for it.

Wannabe Tatar said:
As for now, and probably the first release aswell, I won't change the techs. Perhaps it's better to use the vanilla techs, but make some changes to them. Especially the Freedom of Trade tech.

Does literacy actually affect progress speeds of techs? I thought it was just RP. Of course POPs still need to be changed which will reduce the amount of RPs gained. And it's possible to change the time to research a tech aswell. Perhaps a good solution would be to increase the cost by 25%-50% and increase time by 50% aswell? So it will take 18 months to research a tech, if you have sufficient RP. And instead of 9-10 it will cost 14 or 15 RP. Cost and time reduction can be handeled by event IIRC.

For the economy, I thought perhaps it's better to use certain inventions to give you 1 or 2 machine parts and remove the machine part factory from Britain. In the current setup Britain will be overpowered pretty quickly if they have a machine part factory.

I've thought about increasing the costs for colonial buildings with ammunition and manpower. To slow down colonization, since ammunition is/or will be a scarce resource.

Of course all of the above I'll test this weekend when I've enough time for it.

i like all of those ideas for tech and economy. lets implement them and see how it goes. why can't i think of this stuff :wacko:

I've done a little bit of testing. First I increased the costs of Technology of RPs from 10 till 15 and the time to research it from 360 to 540 days. My first test game with Austria: First tech after a bit more as two years, second tech around two years. So far so good, but the second test with sweden showed that they could research the tech in exactly 540 days, which in result would lead to them reaching their 1836 status after 15 years of play, around 1830 they would reach all the first levels. This was done with full education spending, and not yet altered pops. More testing required here.

However, during testing I found out that if say for example you'll research Publishing Industry, which gives you 5 machine parts, you'll lose 4 of them. And you can't change it on the trade screen, because no-one has discovered the invention for machine parts yet. For now, I've decreased the amount of gained machine parts to 1, to avoid this loss (and to avoid the increase in money). Giving a certain country the invention would also mean they can actually build the factory for it. I need some suggestion on how to handle this little thing.

I just finished the modifying the starting factories, and resources. I've removed all luxury product factories for now, and removed many ammunition, explosive, artillery, small arms, paper, furniture, regular clothes and clipper convoy factories. These changes still need to be tested, there are still some left, but in just 3 or 4 countries.

You should probably try to lower Sweden's and all the german countries literacy. Drop it to 60 and see what happens.

About the loss of machine parts, are you sure that they just disappeared or did you turn of auto trade and left it at sell >1?

Machine parts simply don't show up in the trade screen. No-one has the ability to build a machine part factory, so no one-can trade machine parts. Perhaps I can add with Britain the machine part factory as an allowed building? But then again that would make Britain a little bit too powerful.

Literacy has to go down, I'll do some testing with that. Of course also pops have to be changed, so the amount of clerks will go down in Sweden, Germany and the rest of Europe/US.

But since I work alone, it will take some time before that is all implemented.

Anyone who is willing to help me out, post here. I can definetly use some help.