+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The Nazi Time Machine - A Strange Story of the First Reich

Jackals! Vultures! Lord Finnish's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries

The Nazi Time Machine - A Strange Story of the First Reich

The Nazi Time Machine
    - A Strange Story of the First Reich -

In 1945, the Nazis unleashed their most powerful weapon... one that could bend time itself. With the intent of repeating World War Two so that this time they would prevail, leading Nazis sent themselves to the past. But something went wrong. Badly wrong...

Table of Contents

Chapter I - The Beginning
    Chapter II - The Beginning, the Sequel
    Chapter III - We've Been Through This Before
    Chapter IV - First Blood
    Chapter V - The Pomeranian War

Last edited by Lord Finnish; 30-12-2012 at 14:59.
    Mod:
    Byzantium - Imperial Restoration for Darkest Hour
    Empire of Pohjola for Crusader Kings II
    Wilhelm Scream for Crusader Kings II

AAR:
    The Nazi Time Machine - A Strange Story of the First Reich (CK2) Dead due to save game corruption. Will restart eventually.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Terrorising people with my close harmony singing...
    Blog Entries
    Well, I didn't expect this when I refreshed the page

That said, it looks to be very enjoyable - I shall be following.
    Last edited by DensleyBlair; 18-12-2012 at 20:17.
    Ex Libris DensleyBlair

In the Footsteps of Charlemagne | A Biography of Great Men | There's Nowt As Queer As Norfolk [One | Two]
    A Carolingian Mixed Narrative AAR for CKII | A UK History Book AAR for Vicky II | A Humorous AAR spanning CKII and EUIV
    ACAs Best CKII AAR: Joint 1st Qs 1&2 2013 | WritAAR of the Week: 24/11/13 | Weekly AAR Showcase: 12/1/14

My Ink Well– | EUIV LibrAARy | Update Thread

Character WritAAR of the Week: 2/12/12, 27/8/13 | Fan of the Week: 8/12/12, 19/5/13 & 18/8/13 | Role PlayAAR of the Month: 4/13
    NewcomAAR of the Year 2013

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    This will be a mixture of narrative and gameplay AAR. I will post the first chapter soon. The first two chapters will be narrative, and from the third onward proper gameplay shall take place.

- CK2 vanilla with minor personal modifications (namely to add the protagonists of this AAR)
    - No cheating, duh. Perhaps save scumming if it is necessary for storytelling, but I will avoid it to the best I can.
    - Goal? Well, you will see in a few updates

Thank you for taking interest
    Mod:

AAR:
    The Nazi Time Machine - A Strange Story of the First Reich (CK2) Dead due to save game corruption. Will restart eventually.

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEast India CompanyEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneIron CrossMarch of the EaglesVictoria: Revolutions
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Refusing to Play Between Dream and Reality...
    Subscribed!
    Loyal we Began, Loyal we Remain: A History of the British Empire After the Great War
    A New Canadian Kaiserreich AAR for Darkest Hour [KR 1.5]

From Eagle to Phoenix: The Rebirth of the Roman Republic
    A New Roman Republic AAR for Europa Universalis IV
    Winner of: WritAAR of the Week: 08/09/2013, Weekly AAR Showcase: 13/10/2013, Best Character Writer of the Week 01/12/2013, AARland Choice Awards: Q3/4 2013

- I was Fan of the Week: 01/01/2012 and 26/05/2013 ~ Proud recipient of two Kenshin Cookies ~
    - ~ More AARs avaliable at my Inkwell! (硯臺) ~ -

Blog Entries

Chapter I - The Beginning

April 30th 1945
    Berlin

It is the final hours of the Third Reich. The once mighty German war machine has been crippled to the point where even its commander, Adolf Hitler, has admitted that defeat is imminent. Many in his inner circle have been removed whether by the bullets of their own or their enemies. Some have defected, others are struggling to find a way to escape Russian onslaught. The mood is bleak and few speak; those that do can merely whisper. Despite the deafening noise of battle outside, the Führerbunker is quiet as a graveyard.

Adolf Hiter, now but a shadow of his former self, is preparing to end his own life with his newly wed wife Eva. His faithful dog, Blondie, has already been sacrificed for the greater good. The one last thing the dictator has left of his empire is a pistol loaded with one bullet. The Goebbels family is likewise preparing for their end. After bidding farewell to his followers Hitler enters his office for the last time. Günsche, his adjutant, is guarding the door.

Suddenly, with great noise and ado a German soldier, whom Günsche recognises as the man guarding the bunker door, rushes down to him.

'Sir, I have urgent news to the Führer!'

Günsche is annoyed greatly. Goebbels comes to see what the noise is about.

'Be gone! The Führer must not be disturbed at the moment!' Günsche says angrily.
    'No news are worth interrupting him now.'

The soldier doesn't move. He insists that whatever Hitler is doing, he must be called outside. Suddenly, more people emerge from behind him. A man in suit is being carried by two more soldiers, and a third one is carrying a wheelchair. Once they are down the stairs they put the man in the chair. He is a strange looking man, and Günsche couldn't recognize him although he was sure he had seen him before. The man in the wheelchair had large sunglasses covering his eyes and very elaborate blonde hair.

'What is this!? Explain yourself!' Joseph Goebbels asks.

After a brief silence the man in suit begins to speak.
    'I would like to inform the Führer that we have completed Project Neubauführingenschtenz. I must speak to the Führer at once. Tell him that Doctor Merkwürdigliebe is here.'

After short pondering, and remembering that Hitler is doing, Goebbels knocks on the door and explains to Hitler what he just heard.

After a minute the Führer finally emerges from his room, alive. He walks up to the doctor.
    'Is it ready? Is it here?'

'Yes it is, mein Führer. The machine is being brought down as we speak, and I assure you it is completely operational!'

Indeed, two soldiers came down carrying a large device which looked like a phone booth. Hitler went to it and opened its door. Goebbels followed him and asked to know what the device is.

'Doctor Goebbels', the scientist answered, 'what you are looking at is a time machine. Developed with the greatest minds of our country and ready to be used as we speak.'

Albert Speer also appeared in the room. He was very skeptical but Hitler's approval told him that this machine was legit.
    'This is magnificent! How does it work?'

'There is no time to explain, unfortunately. But I can explain where it can take us.'
    The scientist rolled to the machine and cleared his throat.
    'Everyone in this room agrees that the war... could have gone better. This machine is the solution. It has the capability to transport a small group of people to the year 1940, when our Reich was still at its zenith. Our mission would be to reach our then-selves, explain the situation and direct them accordingly. Therefore we would essentially be able to fight the war a second time, this time with proper knowledge of what we need to do to win.'

Goebbels was utterly fascinated by the machine. 'What do you mean "small group"? Who of us shall go?'
    Hitler had been quiet all this time, but now spoke. 'I, Goebbels, Speer and Merkwürdidliebe'. If there is room, Eva and Magda shall come as well.

At once the two were recalled to the room, and soon they were inside the time machine. It was uncomfortably small, but amazingly they all managed to fit in. Merkwürdigliebe produced a small keyboard which he connected to the machine.

'Prepare yourselves,' he said, 'to replay history!'
    He pushed a large red button located on the middle of the keyboard.

The only screen of the machine began showing all kinds of strange numbers. The passengers felt as if they were in a roller coaster and Eva even fainted. Eventually, some numbers appeared on the screen.

The machine paused. Merkwürdidliebe tried to restrain his worry but failed.
    'There is something wrong. October 16th, but what year? Do not fail me machine!'

'Good, good, just nine, four, oh and we are done... Come on...'

The machine let out a very strong clanking noise and finally produced the year to the screen.

'Uh oh...'
    Mod:

AAR:

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Finnish View Post
    - Goal? Well, you will see in a few updates

Thank you for taking interest
    Well, there already aren't any Jews in CK2, so that can't be it...
    O.K., cheap shot at Paradox, but you set it up so well!

Subscribed.

So Hitler, besides landing in the XI century, algo got young again ( Hitler was not exactly 30 in 1945 ). Atleast they got into Berlin vicinity and not somewhere in the middle of fatimid Egypt

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo Rolo View Post
    So Hitler, besides landing in the XI century, algo got young again ( Hitler was not exactly 30 in 1945 ). Atleast they got into Berlin vicinity and not somewhere in the middle of fatimid Egypt
    That will be explained in the next update, which I probably will post tomorrow.
    Everything will be explained. How good those explanations are, well, that's up to you then
    Mod:

AAR:

Impressive ! I could not imagine that a 2ndd world war lover like you would come and join us with such a story ,If it reaches the story telling height i dream....
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...MagyAAR-terror
    Hungarian Legend
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...GameplayHusAAR
    Piast legacy
    ATLANTIS ARISEN
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...tlantis-Arisen
    The 1st mod whom I seriously participate
    Classical Greece Mod
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...Greece-mod.WIP
    The 1st mod that I ever dared to try to create on my own

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    Mount & Blade: Warband

Blog Entries
    I...I... I don't have the words. @.@

I'll be... Watching, but... Wow. Just wow.
    Prince Eugene of Savoy

[Amateurish Plotter]

Quick, Kind, Paranoid, Honest, Proud, Chaste, Just, Content, Charitable, Cynical

Hearts of Iron: The Card Game

Hehe, funny! Moreover since Hitler' s proper military skill is ..1 Will be following
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter.
    Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

A Quest for the Baltic lake*CKII AAR*

Crusader Kings II500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Hah!!! I love it! Very intriguing...but I wonder what dear ole Adolf and I'm guessing his progeny will do...speaking of which too bad you couldn't create a courtier or wife named Eva Braun or however it is spelled

Definitely going to sub to this though looks good.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Hitler's moustache looks incredibly silly in CK2 graphics, and I can't stop laughing when looking at it. This certainly promises to be a Hitlarious AAR!

... I'm sorry, I'll see myself off now.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3Victoria: Revolutions

Quote Originally Posted by Kannon View Post
    Could you please remove Voltaire's quote from your signature.
    Please apply water to the burn. You've just proton torpedoed this poor lad's Death Star, if I may say so.

As of the AAR - for <insert whatever seems appropriate>'s sake, how playing Adolf Hitler in CK2 differs from writing a HoI2 III Reich AAR? PI forums rules are explicit - no swastikas, camps, gas, terror bombing and such. I can hardly see anything like this coming in this AAR. Keep calm and carry on, Lord Finnish!
    Reached a verge of total defeat in Fine Feats with Finland Succession Game (And returned. Nothing really special)
    Proposed a heretic Italian State in Serpents in Lombardian Paradise Succession Game (Forget the pope - Cathedral of Pure Faith rocks!)
    The Lion's Tale - Bulgaria in World War I
    Полоцкая летопись - Tale of the descendants of Rogvolod, prince of Polotsk (finished in mid XIII century due to LoR coming out)
    Children of the Foreign Blood - Lux Invcta Arabo-Slavic campaign (ended in XIII century due to savegame crash after Steam update)
    Recieved The First Cookie for Services to Syndicalism! on March 11th, 2010, yay!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Finnish
    Doctor Merkwürdigliebe
    Dr. Strangelove, I presume?

AARficionado & Storyteller Demi Moderator Eber's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2Rome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

As far as right now, Lord Finnish has done nothing against the rules of this forum. There are quite a few AARs (notably in HOI, obviously) with Hitler as not just the leader of a country being played but as an actual main character. As long as Lord Finnish follows the rules when it comes to Hitler/Germany (i.e. no mention of the holocaust/Jews/gas chambers/camps, no images of the swastika, etc.) then he will have no problems from the moderators.

Any reader who is naturally offended based off a person who happens to be the main character in his story does not need to read his AAR. Even if you disagree with his story/choice of character, have some respect for the writer.

As always, remember that going off-topic is strictly prohibited, especially when it is completely hijacking a writer's entire thread such as this. It is unacceptable and we will not allow it.
    Current AAR:
    Our Kingdom Stands Alone - How the Magyars Transformed Hungary into an Empire
    Weekly AAR Showcase - 19, September 2010

WritAAR of the Week - 23, February 2007

When I speak in this color, I do so as a Demi-Moderator.
    Forum Rules :: AARLand Rules #1 :: AARland Rules #2

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Heh, this looks strangely hilarious. I feel compelled to follow this...

Also, for some reason, when I saw the title of this AAR I shouted out "ITS LIKE A HOT TUB TIME MACHINE EXCEPT WITH HITLER!" I was promptly stared at by my cat.
    Voltaire - "I would rather be ruled by one lion than by one hundred rats."

My Inkwell

The prison polity, Zenith United, in BlackBishop's Forum Game - Star Reach : The Fringe

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast