• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The_13th_Ronin

Colonel
120 Badges
May 13, 2007
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Gettysburg
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • King Arthur II
  • Lead and Gold
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Penumbra - Black Plague
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Darkest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
OK so this is a thread to show Paradox that there's still interest in Victoria II and hopefully if we get their attention enough they show our game some love (again) by creating an expansion.

Basically your job should you choose to accept it is twofold:

1. Never let this post disappear off the first page.

2. Recruit your Paradox loving, Victoria II playing friends to come here and support the cause.

Feel free to discuss which features you want Paradox to include in the next expansion pack and I'll try to update the OP with the most popular ones.

Signed. Hoping for an expansion dealing with diplomacy and military.

tumblr_m8pxk5aBnt1qzyegho2_500.jpg

Please add HOI3 command system =)

... We had an expansion just six months ago. I hardly think we've reached the stage of 'forgotten' :p

I'd like another expansion. Combat isn't quite enjoyable yet.. and diplomacy isn't on par with the concert of europe.

Plus I'd like to see how EUIV turns out before Vicky gets the CKII makeover.

It really is the one game where aspergic levels of complexity are better than a pretty UI and map.

I'd like another expansion. Combat isn't quite enjoyable yet.. and diplomacy isn't on par with the concert of europe.

Plus I'd like to see how EUIV turns out before Vicky gets the CKII makeover.

It really is the one game where aspergic levels of complexity are better than a pretty UI and map.

I hope it never gets that new map. I love it, it just doesn't fit the period. Mountains weren't so daunting anymore, planes, steam boats lowered transportation times, the natural world wasn't a daunting place anymore.

I'm with "AM300307". The HOI3 chain of command system is what military management is all about.
I must have spent hours setting it up in my first HOI3 game. I would like to see it in Vic2 or Vic3.

I'm with "AM300307".
I must have spent hours setting it up in my first HOI3 game.

Exactly why I don't want to want it. I feel like I should be getting payed for doing it, its so tedious.

I've lost countless hours to Vicky II. One of the best games I've played; signed.

V2 is a great game. I'm coming back to it after CK2, and I'm really enjoying how much more there is to do all the time (fiddling with the economy, etc.). That being said, it could use some improvements, especially in terms of diplomacy. There needs to be a way to join wars (something they added in CK2). And wars should be settled in peace conferences involving all the parties, not just between the 2 war leaders (something I'm hoping they'll have in EU4).

Exactly why I don't want to want it. I feel like I should be getting payed for doing it, its so tedious.

I think it would be nice, especially with an option to automate units just like in HoI3, but with better AI. Or at least make it so battle groups can be formed and perform semi-automation with given tasks so that you don't need to command each division. That takes a lot longer imho.

Things that I would like to see include:
- Updated engine (to allow more functionality to the script to give more freedom to modders)
- Re-worked diplomacy and state system (something akin but not a clone of a mix of HoI3 and CKII. The idea of ministers and other governmental personnel definitely needs to be an addition)
- Improved military and combat, and more variety of units
- A lot of new techs and inventions
- Different music depending on culture. Seriously, european style music does not fit the ottomans or chinese.
- maybe more

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.