• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
As far as I know in the latest patch he doesn't even exist in 1066.

Yeah he exists in 1066 in 1.05 and will be there in 1.06. I was kind of thinking you were meaning the future 1.06 patch in which the Shia Caliphate is called the Fatimid much like the Sunni Caliphate will be known as the Abbasid (just edited this hopefully to the correct way). Dynastic name's for Islamic nations.

But as far as the Screenshot goes. I've seen it happen like that :p even seen the Shia Caliphate get crushed and wiped off the map though I never looked at the religious leader bar so not sure if they became blank will have to go see but I assume so.

Last edited:
Found him, he seems to be set as a vassal of the Seljuk Turks so doesn't appear on the map at the start, but immediately after you begin he appears as he is an emperor and the Seljuk sultan a king.

Still, I have had the Caliph disappear, which he did one game after his dynasty turned Greek.

9F663CDCB5D889BB1646BE8982854D8B3B4ACAFA

I had nothing to do with this. All the AI's work.

about 50% of the map is devided by 3 nations. Rus, Byzantine Empire and HRE (and Byz and HRE have been allied for generations)

The strangest thing is that Croatia still exists. It must have been aligned with one of those superpowers, too.

didAu.jpg

The basileus decides it's time for a theodosian beach party while I siege Constantinople. Sadly, he didn't bring enough food and his 10k men starved, thus being dubbed 'the Unready'. Not strange but hilarious all the same.

ghost.jpg

I'm not sure whether to be intrigued or really scared that my dead character managed to utter toughts and words post mortem like this. :blink::happy:

View attachment 55465

I'm not sure whether to be intrigued or really scared that my dead character managed to utter toughts and words post mortem like this. :blink::happy:

Beware of the ghosties!!!!!! Hope his kids don't talk bad about him apparently he's only playing dead to catch his assassin.

The irony of it all is that he was 79? or something. He'd be dead in weeks anyway - and the plotter was his own heir. Talk about impatient youth these days, heh.

My dynasty apparently has an issue with producing male children. My current ruler was actually the youngest child. Fortunately, my previous ruler reigned for 72 years (starting in a regency.)

naplesdynastyfemales.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah it's pain when your ruler is 87, your heir is 62.. just screws up your micro management over your dynasty!

Yeah it's pain when your ruler is 87, your heir is 62.. just screws up your micro management over your dynasty!

My ruler was only 22 when he took over, but what was a pain was managing all of his sisters when they were the ones in line for the throne. This being only my second game, I wasn't prepared for the heir to bounce around based on who had male children. I had only secured matrilineal marriages for the two eldest daughters, and both were total failures in producing male heirs. (Well, the eldest daughter produced two male bastards, but let's not go into how big of a failure she was.) If only I could have made my 19/18/30/16/21 nephew my heir. =(

What is up with everybody's faces?!?

Dunno. I just did a copy and paste from the SS into a new image. Maybe GIMP was being a little glitchy, or the jpeg conversion messed it up a bit.

Must be a GIMP thing. If you want the faces to be normal again, go Layer -> Transparency -> Threshold Alpha. Set it to zero.

My ruler was only 22 when he took over, but what was a pain was managing all of his sisters when they were the ones in line for the throne. This being only my second game, I wasn't prepared for the heir to bounce around based on who had male children. I had only secured matrilineal marriages for the two eldest daughters, and both were total failures in producing male heirs. (Well, the eldest daughter produced two male bastards, but let's not go into how big of a failure she was.) If only I could have made my 19/18/30/16/21 nephew my heir. =(

You could've! Switch to elective succession law and nominate him. As long as your dukes like you they should follow your lead. Just switch back to primowhatever when you can.

I didn't even know this was possible, strong AND genius:

q2ElT.jpg