• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Someone a couple pages back requested a pic of the rise of the Hapsburg's so here one is all done by the ai:

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/595843182156083623/62BF025DC8FAFCD401CE98687A5C406268AE4F69/

Also since everyone complains about the survival of Abyssinia here is a game where they survived for quite a while.

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/595845186266577283/A027365D43C1CAF5BCF61407894F087B5916FA85/

They survived another 40-60 years before beings wiped out by Sanaa though... all the time England kept expanding to their north. Abyssinia still exists its just Muslim now in that game.

Finally a pic of Italy in all of its glory:

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/594720461589897458/D0ADDAD652B94984EA6FE22C6E65D12B54B81AB1/

I've checked and each and every one of those countries are independent and not fighting a war for their independence.

So I was looking around for an advantageous betrothal for my young King in the hopes of getting a powerful ally to oust my uncle from the throne of Ireland which he stole from me. I decided to see what France had to offer and checked out the "King" of France. I have no idea what is happening here:

His whole family is like this and they've taken on Muslim naming conventions. His heir is Abdul Imn-Louis. They are not Muslim at all their entire realm is Catholic. My friend thinks it has to do with their Andaulsian culture instead but I have no idea.

@Jeremiah Lahnum, has france at any point in the game had their hands on a muslim region?
that would give them muslim courtiers, that the royal french probaly married.

btw. i don't have a screenshot, but once i had a 0 year old babygirl imprisoned, my ruler tortured her, at the age of 2 she dies, brutal... same lord is "educating" his 11 year old daugther, he gets a event where he sees her come out from the dungeon with a bloody knive, sick family.

/Fumle

So I was looking around for an advantageous betrothal for my young King in the hopes of getting a powerful ally to oust my uncle from the throne of Ireland which he stole from me. I decided to see what France had to offer and checked out the "King" of France. I have no idea what is happening here:

His whole family is like this and they've taken on Muslim naming conventions. His heir is Abdul Imn-Louis. They are not Muslim at all their entire realm is Catholic. My friend thinks it has to do with their Andaulsian culture instead but I have no idea.

His culture is Andalusian, and Andalusian culture has Muslim clothing so he shows up in Muslim clothing.

@Sleight of Hand- Yes completely vanilla. The only mod I have is the GoT one and I'm not running that obviously.

@jo1998sh- Yeah that's what my friend thought and it explains everything then but it's still a weird development. France has gone on to have a new French king and the Andalusian Sultan just rules his Duchy in Spain now.

I like the fact that portrait clothing is now based on culture rather than just religion -- it makes a lot of sense and I don't see why an Andalusian king of France wouldn't dress like that if he so wished. I dislike the fact that he's referred to as a sultan (particularly as he's Catholic) but that's a result of the titles-tied-to-cultures mechanism.

Whoops! I accidentally helped my wife become Pope.

572A01C191AACA0639EB6430B80C1F8F05121EC3

So I'm playing as Bohemia, primarily focusing on spreading my dynasty.
I noticed that my liege, the Holy Roman Emperor, had declared war on Poland, and while it wasn't the first time he had declared war upon kings, it was the first time he had declared war upon such a huge neighbour.
I checked out the Casus Belli out of curiosity, and lo and behold! He's pressing a Polish Princess' claim on the kingdom, and what a miracle, she's the wife of one of my vassals, a doge, the same dynasty of mine, and they got kids.
So basically it's an invitation to get my dynasty into Poland without losing ANY land myself.

We win the war, and this happens:
theocracyofpoland.jpg

femkingbishop.jpg
She gets the country, but as a female King-Bishop.
What the hell?

Why is Polish king dressed this way? It seems that this game was funny indeed
Afters successful crusade for Egypt there was created second line of Piast dynasty.
However, first line from Poland quickly died out and Piasts from Egypt lost all their lands, and they became kings of Polands. (they married to some arabic girls, which resulted in 5 kings have arabic DNA).
Imho is really weird, have polish culture, catholic religion and still havent the catholic crown. Damn DNA. ;)

HOW DID YOU DO THIS?

i wnat to put my second neohwes on the papal throne:p

I had something similiar happen, I pressed the claim of my son's wife on Aqutaine. She was a mastermind theologian and instead of becoming a duchess .. she became a prince-bishop

This is probably intentional, but hilarious nonetheless :D
D14484E346962A9DDF697152498BC98B0DEDE37B

Notice his traits. Cruel is not the only funny one ;)

U5B8G.jpg

I don't think my King ever hired them, they aren't anywhere near England. (Off hanging about in France somewhere) So I don't see how they could of turned on him in due to lack of cash. (My king has plenty of cash) and he never needs Mercs in the first place... interesting.

Last edited:
U5B8G.jpg

I did not know mercenaries could conduct invasions, I kinda did a double take on seeing that. I doubt my King is weak enough to be defeated by them but still, wow. :eek:

(For the record I don't think they were hired by my king since he definitely never needs any mercs)
If you run out of money while having any mercenary companies, they may:
A) Dissolve
B) Aid the enemy free of cost
C) Declare war upon the contractor

Read my edit, it doesn't make sense to me as a simple failed contract, due to my kings large treasury, the fact that they are in France (and I've never seen them in England)

Or I could just be talking out my behind due to the crappy weather but eh.