• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
HOW DID YOU DO THIS?

i wnat to put my second neohwes on the papal throne:p

I detailed this in a bug report thread, hopefully it will be fixed in the next patch.

My wife, the Countess of Spoleto (formerly the Duchess of Tuscany until some bugger pinched her title) started a war of independence from the Holy Roman Empire during a bit of a succession crisis. However, the current Pope then used this as an opportunity to declare war on as her de Jure ducal liege. Long story short, his army got there before either mine (which was currently fighting a crusade for Jerusalem) or the Emperor's. She lost, and he became her liege.

Then a few years later, for some reason she started a war to overthrow her liege. The friggin Pope. I helped her win, thinking it would let her claim independence, but instead the current Pope was deposed and replaced with her 'preferred ruler'. Herself.

After a generation or two the Normans went native, but Ostmond seriously couldn't honor his late father enough.

L3rLV.jpg

It's an unintended consequence of the fertility modifier for homosexuality being so low -- you should try increasing it to 0.5 (50%) as this will generally stop homosexual characters from marrying and having children. In vanilla I believe the modifier is only 0.15 (15%) which has a pretty negligible effect.

Just because someone is gay doesn't mean they wouldn't have sex with a woman and have children. In fact it happens all the time.

So I'm playing as Bohemia, primarily focusing on spreading my dynasty.
I noticed that my liege, the Holy Roman Emperor, had declared war on Poland, and while it wasn't the first time he had declared war upon kings, it was the first time he had declared war upon such a huge neighbour.
I checked out the Casus Belli out of curiosity, and lo and behold! He's pressing a Polish Princess' claim on the kingdom, and what a miracle, she's the wife of one of my vassals, a doge, the same dynasty of mine, and they got kids.
So basically it's an invitation to get my dynasty into Poland without losing ANY land myself.

We win the war, and this happens:
theocracyofpoland.jpg

femkingbishop.jpg
She gets the country, but as a female King-Bishop.
What the hell?

Had me rolling with this one!!! :) ANd here you thought the emperor was actually helping you...instead he had his own sinister plan hatched. Or maybe he just knew a secret about your wife that you never discovered :p

Someone a couple pages back requested a pic of the rise of the Hapsburg's so here one is all done by the ai:

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/595843182156083623/62BF025DC8FAFCD401CE98687A5C406268AE4F69/

Also since everyone complains about the survival of Abyssinia here is a game where they survived for quite a while.

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/595845186266577283/A027365D43C1CAF5BCF61407894F087B5916FA85/

They survived another 40-60 years before beings wiped out by Sanaa though... all the time England kept expanding to their north. Abyssinia still exists its just Muslim now in that game.

Finally a pic of Italy in all of its glory:

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/594720461589897458/D0ADDAD652B94984EA6FE22C6E65D12B54B81AB1/

I've checked and each and every one of those countries are independent and not fighting a war for their independence.

I like the giant genoa and Indy Bavaria :p

btch please. my current ruler is 95 and got a bastard some years ago.

needless to say, i killid it off ASAP. together with the mother. no need for claimants running around when im about to inherit

ok, well.. I've heard of having a couple of duchies before but this takes the cake!

23CB3E0D78EEC4ED699C2D587B6001C8EF8330ED.jpg5051F3BEAC34E2CFDF1A5C505DABB56E6AF6122A.jpg

He has.... THIRTEEN duchies. He's also heir to FIVE. In a few years time he'll have EIGHTEEN duchies. This isn't new either - their family has held all these duchies for generations without any real rebellions at all. I've only seen one or two. It's crazy!

THIRTEEN! There wasn't even a single rebellion when his mother died and he inherited. THIRTEEN duchies though. Jesus.

ok, well.. I've heard of having a couple of duchies before but this takes the cake!

He has.... THIRTEEN duchies. He's also heir to FIVE. In a few years time he'll have EIGHTEEN duchies. This isn't new either - their family has held all these duchies for generations without any real rebellions at all. I've only seen one or two. It's crazy!

THIRTEEN! There wasn't even a single rebellion when his mother died and he inherited. THIRTEEN duchies though. Jesus.

That's what you call a superduke. The number of duchies penalty only applies once you are king (or emperor). It will be insta-destruct if they ever make a kingdom I would reckon.

Naples owning big parts of Poland and old HRE (you i guess, given the similarity between CoAs), while Sicily owns Lombardy, and Ireland owns Brunswick and Gerle is worthy of mention as well

View attachment 56143View attachment 56144

I've had this happen in one of my games before. This is why I downloaded a mod that allows you to create kingdoms if you have enough duchies. When you have that many duchies you might as well be called a king.

After a generation or two the Normans went native, but Ostmond seriously couldn't honor his late father enough.

IIRC there is a German noble house, the house of Reuss which named all male members Heinrich (Henry), various branches did have slightly different numbering conventions. It is still very funny though.:)

Naples owning big parts of Poland and old HRE (you i guess, given the similarity between CoAs), while Sicily owns Lombardy, and Ireland owns Brunswick and Gerle is worthy of mention as well

LOL yep, that's me as the King of Naples. Also you can't see it in the screenshot but the entire Kingdom of England is a part of the HRE, and where the HRE itself is based out of since it lost most of its mainland territory.

IIRC there is a German noble house, the house of Reuss which named all male members Heinrich (Henry), various branches did have slightly different numbering conventions. It is still very funny though.:)
Yeah, I occasionally see the AI give out two duplicate names (usually same-sex twins) but it's pretty rare -- I don't think I've ever seen three non-twin brothers in a row with the same name though.

Something quite humorous occured in my latest game using the Game of Thrones mod while playing as House Selmy. During his rebellion, Robert Baratheon killed The Mad King in combat, but went on to lose the war to Rhaegar and was subsequently imprisoned after only 3-5 years. After only a few decades, most of the Targaryens had died out. The Iron Throne passed to another house, can't remember which. Ironically, while imprisoned for over 60 years, Robert lived to see the last of the Targaryens die. If that's not poetic justice, I'm not sure what is.

robert.jpeg

Also a bit humorous, the last Targaryen was....

viserys.jpg

Lord Commander Viserys the Mad of the Night's Watch!

Last edited: