+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 167 FirstFirst ... 10 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 60 85 110 135 ... LastLast

Thread: [Dies Irae: Götterdämmerung] Report thread

I've re-installed from scratch a handful of times now, and deleted my map cache more times than I can remember (literally true, but I tend to lose count of big numbers, e.g. above about five, anyway...) but I still do not get the new naval map. So, naturally, I wondered why.

Scrutinising the files I got from GamersGate, the file provinces.bmp in "/mod/Dies_irae_Gotterdammerung/map" still shows the old map shapes. Could I please ask you to double check with the distributor (on Monday, obviously) that they have the correct files?

For what it's worth, my checksum is also AJFG (irrespective of whether I keep the HOI3 classic loading screens, or replace them with the DI:G screens).

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDiplomacy
    East India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis 3For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Lost Empire - ImmortalsEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    Sword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2Rome: Vae Victis

Quote Originally Posted by Lavallin View Post
    Scrutinising the files I got from GamersGate, the file provinces.bmp in "/mod/Dies_irae_Gotterdammerung/map" still shows the old map shapes. Could I please ask you to double check with the distributor (on Monday, obviously) that they have the correct files?
    I had the same question, the map overlay is a visual thing, the actual in game sea zones don't change (and they're not supposed to). DD, you might want to make this a tad more clear when people download the mod.
    yay, screwed over again!

Darkest HourEU3 CompleteFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIMagicka
    Semper FiVictoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by alex0809 View Post
    Interesting how this all varies btw. In my game where I helped China with "(more) supplies and troops" until 1938, the Japanese first got a few provinces from China, but then China managed to drive them nearly completely out and now this is a stalemate since pretty much 3 years :P

I wonder why its always so different - i mean totally different. Since I'd think the AI should always behave largely similar.
    The AI behaves differently all the time so the different outcome is normal (and working as designed).

Sometimes the AI will be smart, sometimes it will be stupid, so when it comes to AI vs AI you can't tell in advance how it will work. I don't think there is anything to change in the Japan/China balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavallin View Post
    I've re-installed from scratch a handful of times now, and deleted my map cache more times than I can remember (literally true, but I tend to lose count of big numbers, e.g. above about five, anyway...) but I still do not get the new naval map. So, naturally, I wondered why.

For what it's worth, my checksum is also AJFG (irrespective of whether I keep the HOI3 classic loading screens, or replace them with the DI:G screens).
    I can't check anything with the distributor (Paradox is in charge, not me) but since I downloaded the DLC from GG and got the right files I guess the problem comes from your computer.
    The ocean map is in the \map\terrain folder, colormap_water.dds and it should be 5616x2160. If it doesn't work after reinstall and such I guess you could simply delete it and not have the Kriegsmarine square ingame (but the DLC will work). :/

Hi Devil Dread,

I was wondering if continuous patch support will be provided for DI: G? (e.g. new features, improvements, bug fixes etc...)

I think it is truly a wonderful mod. On a side note, I got AJFG checksum as well.

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest Hour
    EU3 CompleteFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourNaval War: Arctic Circle
    Semper FiSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2

If I correctly understand what I'm reading, in order to research "Long Range Design & Systems: 5" under the U-Boat tech one of the prerequisites is "Long Range Design & Systems (U-Boat) less than 4". It doesn't make sense to me to have to research level 5 from level 3 (or lower). I assume that this is a bug. I'm sure that this is taken care of in 1.02.

Semper FiVictoria 2

This means you can't research more than 4 levels.

This time I really need to know: can you continue playing with the 1.02 patch? I really don't want to restart again.

Semper FiVictoria 2

Nope you won't be able as I add a unit.

Why is there a flag under the navy minister?

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    March of the EaglesSemper FiSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordPride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Sorry if this suggestion already have been asked, but what about giving a icon for to this game here on the forum?
    The Great Northern War

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welp, remaking the cache didn't help. Still the same problem. I didn't think it would change since I had previously re-installed the game.

If it helps, I'm running it through Steam.

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsSemper Fi
    Sword of the StarsSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyGrim View Post
    Welp, remaking the cache didn't help. Still the same problem. I didn't think it would change since I had previously re-installed the game.

Are you using Win 7 or Vista? If so are you installing out side of the Program directory?

Crusader Kings IIDungeonlandEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    King Arthur IIMagickaMajesty II CollectionSemper FiVictoria 2
    Mount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcanePride of NationsEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by juv95hrn View Post
    I like this mod but I'm very sceptical to the operation tech/events giving shitloads of MP just because you wait with invasions a couple of months. Please reconsider these bonuses since they lock down the player in a rather unhistorical way.
    Have you played the scenario through yet? I was struggling against the Soviets in 1943 so I reloaded and took a peek at their situation. It was a little different to what you might have expected in vanilla by that stage. They had 2.2 million men in the field directly opposing me, another million in Finland whcih explained why I had been getting hammered there for the past year, and 5,800 manpower unused. Conversely I had a mere 600 at that stage which had been bolstered by 500 due to the recent rousing speech (Totalen Kreig) of the derranged fuhrer.

These MP boosts serve to promote the game to pan out along vaguely historical lines. I have no problem with that. They certainly do not provide the Nazis with a hyper boost that is war winning as the Soviets have evidently been massively bolstered.
    Regards,

The Restless Kaiser

The Sun never sets on the British Empire...
    ... because God doesn't trust the British in the dark.

Crusader Kings IIDungeonlandEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Complete
    King Arthur IIMagickaMajesty II CollectionSemper FiVictoria 2
    Mount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcanePride of NationsEuropa Universalis IV

It is the Kreigsmarine flag, you have the Heer badge and luftwaffe badge under those ministers too, but because they are grey it is not so vivid.
    Regards,

The Restless Kaiser

The Sun never sets on the British Empire...
    ... because God doesn't trust the British in the dark.

Hearts of Iron IIISemper FiSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyGrim View Post

Seems strange u are geting problems since i am running thru steam aswell and i have encounted no problems.
    Don't know if this is of any help but i am using Win 7 64bit

Podcat's Cat Wrangler T.j. Arnold's Avatar
    52 games registered

HoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    DiplomacyDungeonlandEast India CompanyEast India Company CollectionElven Legacy Collection
    Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandGalactic AssaultHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossLeviathan: WarshipsMagickaMajesty 2
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold WarThe Showdown Effect
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    War of the RosesV2 AHD BetaHearts of Iron: The Card GamePride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Blog Entries
    Just finished my playthough. I completely won by 1941, ha. This was my first time playing legit, I always use cheats.

Good job, guys. Haven't had this much fun in a while.

Are planned for this modification German texts?

Sorry for my bad english

Over the top, gentlemen! Marcus's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourSemper Fi
    Victoria 2

Quick question: is there an event that gets Hungary in the Axis, they've been slipping away from my corner for some time now and I can't invite them anymore!
    I want it all - Freddie Mercury

Prey comes willingly to the spider who waits in his web - Jonas Simbacca

Progress doesn't come from early risers — progress is made by lazy men looking for easier ways to do things - Robert Heinlein

Some time after you annex Czechoslovakia there is an event where you decide the fate of Slovakia. If you give it to Hungary, they will join the Axis (I think it is mid-end 1938... but might be beginning of 1939 too)

Over the top, gentlemen! Marcus's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourSemper Fi
    Victoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by alex0809 View Post
    Some time after you annex Czechoslovakia there is an event where you decide the fate of Slovakia. If you give it to Hungary, they will join the Axis (I think it is mid-end 1938... but might be beginning of 1939 too)
    Yes..... it's november 1940 now and I thought it would be cool to invite HUN on their historical date. Which isn't going to happen as they are in limbo between me and the SU and dead centre in between the Comintern and the Axis. DD, any chance for a HUN event?
    I want it all - Freddie Mercury

Prey comes willingly to the spider who waits in his web - Jonas Simbacca

Progress doesn't come from early risers — progress is made by lazy men looking for easier ways to do things - Robert Heinlein

+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 167 FirstFirst ... 10 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 60 85 110 135 ... LastLast