• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Thanx, this looks just like what the doctor ordered.

Now, I cannot presume to tell you your work, but it would be very nice to have the Supply IC need and partisan problem sorted in next version of I.C.E. ...

Thanx for all the effort to make this work.

Now, I cannot presume to tell you your work, but it would be very nice to have the Supply IC need and partisan problem sorted in next version of I.C.E. ...

Hehe aye aye sir!

Unrelated pic:

Those changes all look good.

However, I must reiterate my thoughts that there needs to be a 'France Surrenders!' event which will assure that, whatever the outcome Germany gets all of France's territory rather than it falling piecemeal to allies who occupied this or that. Perhaps you could make Italy and Spain both receive a couple of territories on their respective borders, assuming they're in the Axis.

It might be interesting to play around the the France surrenders event. For example

Option 1: France surrenders! Allow them to establish a Vichy regime in the south, Germany occupies all of Northern France and the coasts, annexes Alsace-Lorraine.

Option 2: I want it all! France gains some kind of a last-stand boost to org, or manpower, or even extra divisions but and Germany is allowed to continue the war and occupy the entirety of France. Followed by a second surrender event which ensures that Germany gets all (or 95%) of the territory. Maybe gives Italy and Spain some North African territories from France, again assuming both are in Axis.

Option 3: Axis France! Vichy inherits all of mainland Europe France, as well as other Vichy territories (North Africa) with Phillipe Petain as the head of state. Member of Axis, maybe a puppet of Germany rather than a full-fledged member like Italy. Germany still inherits Alsace-Lorraine, maybe land on the Benelux border but otherwise leaves Mainland France intact and under a friendly Vichy regime. This would be an interesting 'alternate history' event.

I think I have missed nothing:

BUG FIXES
- Finland joining axis now raise up threat against Soviet Union
- Fixed the submarine long range AA technology bug
- Fixed Grossdeutchland event broken conditions
- Deleted most of the event exp forces status due to inability to give leader or rearrange
- Fixed supply IC need bug
- Fixed Mittelmeer typo
- Deleted the add_core command on the fate of slovakia event
- Fixed Rudolf Hess last flight firing even with UK occupied by axis
- War of the Atlantic events won't fire if London is occupied by axis
- UK AI should build more fighters
- reworked some end dates for the operation decisions
- Fixed leszno province being alone owned by POL after the silesia or war event
- Switzerland is now more difficult to take (added 10 forts to VP and a strategic effect with some bonus)

ADDITIONS
- Changed the occupation policy to grant revolt risk instead of partisan support
- Changed some revolt risk events
- Anschluss now provide static 2500 officers instead of a boost of the officer recruitement
- The Italian subs are now all level 2
- Added victory point to all UK south, east and north ports in order to make the AI defend them
- Added radar and planes to the UK homeguard decision in order to help the AI prevent sealion
- Four year plan industry now adds 5 IC in random provinces instead of infra
- Reworked French and Italian nerf
- Alsace-Lorraine is seceded to Germany in the Vichy event
- Albet Speer has now +15% IC efficiency and +10% supply production but appear in 1942 only

And I plan to add several more stuff, I hope it will keep people happy. :)

Sounds great!

Could anybody tell me which file do I have to change so that the long range sub tech is available? The tech tells a flag have to be present in order for the tech to be available. When is that flag supposed to be present? What file do I have to change to be available now? (it´s 1939 in my game)

I think I have missed nothing:

BUG FIXES
- Finland joining axis now raise up threat against Soviet Union
- Fixed the submarine long range AA technology bug
- Fixed Grossdeutchland event broken conditions
- Deleted most of the event exp forces status due to inability to give leader or rearrange
- Fixed supply IC need bug
- Fixed Mittelmeer typo
- Deleted the add_core command on the fate of slovakia event
- Fixed Rudolf Hess last flight firing even with UK occupied by axis
- War of the Atlantic events won't fire if London is occupied by axis
- UK AI should build more fighters
- reworked some end dates for the operation decisions
- Fixed leszno province being alone owned by POL after the silesia or war event
- Switzerland is now more difficult to take (added 10 forts to VP and a strategic effect with some bonus)

ADDITIONS
- Changed the occupation policy to grant revolt risk instead of partisan support
- Changed some revolt risk events
- Anschluss now provide static 2500 officers instead of a boost of the officer recruitement
- The Italian subs are now all level 2
- Added victory point to all UK south, east and north ports in order to make the AI defend them
- Added radar and planes to the UK homeguard decision in order to help the AI prevent sealion
- Four year plan industry now adds 5 IC in random provinces instead of infra
- Reworked French and Italian nerf
- Alsace-Lorraine is seceded to Germany in the Vichy event
- Albet Speer has now +15% IC efficiency and +10% supply production but appear in 1942 only

And I plan to add several more stuff, I hope it will keep people happy. :)

Sounds cool! Forwards to our inevitable Final Victory!

I don't know if this is a DI:G issue or vanilla, but when I create a new corps, I notice that it's default number is an Arabic numeral, while the AI gives corps Roman numerals.

I love all the mods and upgrades, but every time there's a change, I have to start my campaign all over again! Oh, well, it keeps me out of pool halls.

I don't know if this is a DI:G issue or vanilla, but when I create a new corps, I notice that it's default number is an Arabic numeral, while the AI gives corps Roman numerals.

No, it doesn't. The AI assigns numbers just like it does when you automatically create a Corps. The Roman Numeral Corps you're seeing are the ones that the AI country's started with.

DD: So.. We're getting another new unit (assault guns) in DI:G?!

Isn't the 17% softness for the assault gun way too low ? I mean combined with medium tanks, you would have unstoppable fast moving units mashing through everything, although they would miss out on the CA bonus. The CA bonus though would be available for loads of new unit formations like INF+3xAG. It seems a little off not to be able to combine assault guns with tanks and gain CA, unless I am mistaken here ?
IMO the softness should be the same as a SP-A.
The 60 officers needed compared to the other brigades also seems a little low to me.

Just to be sure: what is the role of an assault gun compared to SPA, AC and TD ?

Isn't the 17% softness for the assault gun way too low ? I mean combined with medium tanks, you would have unstoppable fast moving units mashing through everything, although they would miss out on the CA bonus. The CA bonus though would be available for loads of new unit formations like INF+3xAG. It seems a little off not to be able to combine assault guns with tanks and gain CA, unless I am mistaken here ?
IMO the softness should be the same as a SP-A.

Weren't they heavier than panzer III and IV? Medium armor has 20% softness, so something with no turret should be heavier IMO.
I can be wrong tho, and be happy to change that if you convince me. :)

About what the player can do this is not really my business, since this is a player vs AI DLC only, I don't want to think about all the nasty stuff the players can exploit and focus on the gameplay for the "good guys". ^^
I don't think med armor + assault gun should have combined arms bonus, they are basically the same weapon (tanks with different guns).

I recently bought Dies Irae: Gotterdammerung. I really like it. But the only problem is that there seems to be no AI improvements. I played HPP mod before and the AI there was fantastic!

I was hoping if DI:G could have more advanced AI features and more realistic laws like taxation and such.

However, DI:G is probably the best mod out there if you want to play as Germany

I recently bought Dies Irae: Gotterdammerung. I really like it. But the only problem is that there seems to be no AI improvements. I played HPP mod before and the AI there was fantastic!

I was hoping if DI:G could have more advanced AI features and more realistic laws like taxation and such.

However, DI:G is probably the best mod out there if you want to play as Germany

None of these mods (including HPP) can change the AI. It's hard-coded.

On the upside.. there are some nasty surprises that make the AI a much more difficult enemy (i.e. looking at you, Soviet Union.)

Weren't they heavier than panzer III and IV? Medium armor has 20% softness, so something with no turret should be heavier IMO.
I can be wrong tho, and be happy to change that if you convince me. :)

About what the player can do this is not really my business, since this is a player vs AI DLC only, I don't want to think about all the nasty stuff the players can exploit and focus on the gameplay for the "good guys". ^^
I don't think med armor + assault gun should have combined arms bonus, they are basically the same weapon (tanks with different guns).

Readin on the Wikipedia I see very little difference between the assault gun and a tank destroyer. Often the terms are mentioned entwined and a lot of the same models are classificed as both. The only real difference I see between the two are the gun. The AG mounts a howitzer and the TD mounts a tank gun, and that is it.
In my book this places an AG statwise between a SPA and a TD, having a litle of both worlds. If the AG would be brought in line with these brigades, the player could choose between a pure anti-INF brigade, a pure anti-TANK brigade, and something in between, all of these having low softness and high speed. It almost makes the AG behave like a medium tank brigade :)

Last edited: