• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yes De_Genius this sounds reasonable. However, I think the softness should be a bit lower than for TD's. Because a lot of German TD's were open-topped (Panzerjäger I, Marder I/II/III, Nashorn etc). So I think, since a brigade doesn't represent just one unit, the softness should be a bit higher to take into account such vehicles.
DD, can you tell us something about the tech tree integration of the Assault Guns?

Weren't they heavier than panzer III and IV? Medium armor has 20% softness, so something with no turret should be heavier IMO.
I can be wrong tho, and be happy to change that if you convince me. :)

I don't think med armor + assault gun should have combined arms bonus, they are basically the same weapon (tanks with different guns).
I am an AG fan and love them. Here is the situation about AG vs TD softness. TD's had some super hard units like Ferdinand but also very soft ones like Nashorn. Early on they tended to be open topped and latter in the war were more often closed. At least this was how Germany and the SU kinda approached things. So the game compromised and picked a value slightly above mediums.

AG's are best known for the STuG III. Since this is the face of the AG being slightly under mediums is OK with me.

I recently bought Dies Irae: Gotterdammerung. I really like it. But the only problem is that there seems to be no AI improvements. I played HPP mod before and the AI there was fantastic!
HPP didn't change the AI but changed what the AI uses to fight with. That said playing HPP Germany was way too easy and to be honest was even easier than vanilla as I defeated Poland in 6 days, France in 16 days, and the SU in 6 weeks.

Which makes it redundant.

I thought TD and SPArt was plenty long ago, and still do.
No AG's also have other benefits like for urban fighting. The offer a real nice compromise between TD's and SPArt.

I am an AG fan and love them. Here is the situation about AG vs TD softness. TD's had some super hard units like Ferdinand but also very soft ones like Nashorn. Early on they tended to be open topped and latter in the war were more often closed. At least this was how Germany and the SU kinda approached things. So the game compromised and picked a value slightly above mediums.

AG's are best known for the STuG III. Since this is the face of the AG being slightly under mediums is OK with me.

No AG's also have other benefits like for urban fighting. The offer a real nice compromise between TD's and SPArt.

So AGs are a medium tank brigade with increased urban fighting modifier ? Still seems a little redundant to me, but if we could get a little extra diversity from TD and SPA, I think the AGs have "earned" the right to become a separate brigade :)

Let's see how the AG works in the tests and I'll be able to change the stats after your reports. :)

As it is now, AG are a support version of armour brigade, between SP-artillery (AG has less soft attack) and tank destroyer (AG has less hard attack). I think this is mostly how they were used in the war, as support for motorized/mechanized infantry (and not as a support for medium armor, actually I think there are some AG abstractly represented in the med armour brigades).

The "Claims on Memel" event's text says the Germans signed a non agression pact with Lithuania in exchange for the region. I'm not sure it's there just for historical background or whether you forgot to add this effect to the event.

Yeah sorry about the monday thing but I am actually working during the week end in order to get you the beta patch so... ^^

About I.C.E. events I may use something for the UK surrender (since it crashes) but I won't use the british fascist country and such (since I am not the author). Anyone can mod that if they want by the way, I just can't use stuff like that as I am an employee now (and not an independant modder). :)

Something I forgot but which is extremely important: Nationalist China is way too weak. In three games they have surrendered to Japan by mid-1938 without exception, even with me giving them supplies (but not troops) for as long as I can through the Sino-German cooperation agreement event. There needs to be some very serious changes in the Far East, because Japan is destroying them with ease and as a result own most of East Asia before WW2 even starts, or before I even own the Sudetenland for that matter!

Something I forgot but which is extremely important: Nationalist China is way too weak. In three games they have surrendered to Japan by mid-1938 without exception, even with me giving them supplies (but not troops) for as long as I can through the Sino-German cooperation agreement event. There needs to be some very serious changes in the Far East, because Japan is destroying them with ease and as a result own most of East Asia before WW2 even starts, or before I even own the Sudetenland for that matter!

In my second game (1.01 beta patch) Nationalist China held the Southern half of China (for about two years now), so something in the patch (extra German support?) might have helped them. The downside is that they remain at war with eachother and if I join either one, I may be at war with the other. There are no perfect outcomes...

The Maginot line was fully manned throughout my 1.01 French campaign. The use of victory points seems to encourage the AI in the right direction.

I've got some weird graphical bug with my naval map. I searched this thread and it either wasn't reported or I just didn't see it:
bug3k.png

bug2kk.png

bug1qz.png

It shows up like that in-game as well, not just on the start screen.

Needless to say, this is rather annoying. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hey Devildread. I've got a probable bug that I dont think has been mentioned in the patches: The Guangxi clique doesn't go to war with Japan or help China after I call it in. When China joined the Axis I saw that Guangxi clique wasn't at war so I called them in and once they were in they wouldn't send troops no matter how many objectives I gave them. They'd just sit tight in their borders. I didn't think much of it until I played I.C.E. today and found Guangxi clique immediately sending everything they had to the front when war started.

@DeadlyGrim: for map issues please delete the map cache (here: \mod\Dies_irae_Gotterdammerung\map\cache) folder. The game will build a new one and hopefully everything will be all right.

About China and Guanxi this is weird, I'll look into it.

Devildread, in my game Japan kicked Chinas ass, but just a few months after they declared war on USA, they had taken Japan's island and left them in China. Since this should be impossible so easily I'm figuring that Japan moved all it's units to china (they were at war with the USSR at the time, and was winning).

Is there a way to add units that cannot be moved, like in Hoi3, so one can make sure Japan at defends it's ports?

Interesting how this all varies btw. In my game where I helped China with "(more) supplies and troops" until 1938, the Japanese first got a few provinces from China, but then China managed to drive them nearly completely out and now this is a stalemate since pretty much 3 years :p

I wonder why its always so different - i mean totally different. Since I'd think the AI should always behave largely similar.