• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hey guys, I am working on the 1.02 patch so don't worry I'll try to include a fix for everything you are reporting.

About the Japan-China situation I'd rather wait for more reports after the changes I have done in the 1.01 patch (sending more troops), then I'll take a decision. Right now I am not sure what I want to do in order to model properly the needed help. Keep in mind that the balance was done during the 2.04d patch and then with the massive supply bug that is fixed in 2.04f. I have to re-think a lot of things for this theatre so it may take some time.

About the submarine AA thing you can go to \mod\Dies_irae_Gotterdammerung\technologies\ Submarine Technologies.txt
Look for submarine_lr_antiaircraft
Replace the whole allow = { blahblah } part with :
Code:
allow = {
		submarine_lr_systems = 1		
	}
Anyway you can live without AA system on long range subs as they mostly operate away from coasts and naval bombers.

About the AI or convoys I can't help. This is only a DLC and there is no possibility for me to fix the game. Just add stuff. :)

---Edit: 1.02 ETA tonight (in 6-7 hours). Not savegame compatible.

Last edited:
As Germany, I usually turn automatic supply and resources off: you really don't want any convoys going anywhere that you have not specifically set. From what you have written, my guess is that you have tried to set up a manual supply link without turning automatic supply convoys off. I have invaded England and there is no reason to be suffering supply problems. If you set them manually, they will all stay in place. If you look with the supply view active, each link should be active.

I try both manual and automatic, with auto AI use just 1 convoy ship for supply, with manual I try put moren them 1 supply ship but game allow just 1 ship for every port and it is not enough. I guess it is my fault I try reinstal game maybe it work.

About the Japan-China situation I'd rather wait for more reports after the changes I have done in the 1.01 patch (sending more troops), then I'll take a decision. Right now I am not sure what I want to do in order to model properly the needed help. Keep in mind that the balance was done during the 2.04d patch and then with the massive supply bug that is fixed in 2.04f. I have to re-think a lot of things for this theatre so it may take some time.

No problem, it makes an interesting asian campaign to push back those pesky japanese!

---Edit: 1.02 ETA tonight (in 6-7 hours). Not savegame compatible.

Keep up rocking! :)

Quick question: is there an event that gets Hungary in the Axis, they've been slipping away from my corner for some time now and I can't invite them anymore!

You have to invite Hungary before Romania because of the game mechanics about core and claims. Using diplomacy from day one is enough to have them before '40.

Sorry if this suggestion already have been asked, but what about giving a icon for to this game here on the forum? :)

This is only a DLC, I don't think I can ask that to Paradox. ^^

I also have a question. Once I have defeated SU and the bitter peace has happened, will I be affected by the russian strategic effects if they attack me again?

As long as you don't research the related techs and control more than 10 and 15% of Soviet territory (the last part is added from the patches), yes.

The SH arm brigade seems to only use 0.67 MP. The SH arm in this DLC is much better statwise than the SH arm in vanilla [...]

Super Heavy Armor is the vanilla one. I didn't change anything.

I'm noticing for some reason that unit detection triggers arn't working- you seeing this too?

I just tested it and indeed, it doesn't work anymore?!
I don't know why (maybe an hidden bug from 2.04e?) but I am deleting the triggers then. Thanks for reporting.

Changelog so far:
BUG FIXES
- Finland joining axis now raise up threat against Soviet Union
- Fixed the submarine long range AA technology bug
- Fixed Grossdeutchland event broken conditions
- Deleted most of the event exp forces status due to inability to give leader or rearrange
- Put back Brandenburger and Goering regiments to on map spawn
- Fixed supply IC need bug
- Fixed Mittelmeer typo
- Deleted the add_core command on the fate of slovakia event
- Fixed Rudolf Hess last flight firing even with UK occupied by axis
- War of the Atlantic events won't fire if London is occupied by axis
- UK AI should build more fighters
- reworked some end dates for the operation decisions
- Fixed leszno province being alone owned by POL after the silesia or war event
- Switzerland is now more difficult to take (added 10 forts to VP and a strategic effect with some bonus)
- China should be stronger as long as Germany help them
- Soviet Union should always create puppet
- Axis minors won't be able to exile anymore
- Soviet Union should have less manpower from the Soviet Defense strategic effects
- Soviet Union and Poland shouldn't be at war anymore after the fall of Poland

ADDITIONS
- Changed the occupation policy to grant revolt risk instead of partisan support
- Changed some revolt risk events
- Anschluss now provide static 2500 officers instead of a boost of the officer recruitement
- The Italian subs are now all level 2
- Added victory point to all UK south, east and north ports in order to make the AI defend them
- Added radar and planes to the UK homeguard decision in order to help the AI prevent sealion
- Four year plan industry now adds 5 IC in random provinces instead of infra
- Reworked French and Italian nerf
- Alsace-Lorraine is seceded to Germany in the Vichy event
- Albet Speer has now +15% IC efficiency and +10% supply production but appear in 1942 only
- Claiming Memel now leads to a non agression pact with Lithuania, you can refuse it tho (and then not have memel as core but still under your control)
- Added neutrality loss for Chinese warlords for the Marco Polo bridge incident
- Added untransportable defense brigades for Japanese homeland in all the starting OOB

NEW UNITS
- Added Assault Gun

ETA still tonight. :)

Replayed another game to just before the start of Barbarosa (yea still haven't tried that yet :)). Poland fell in 12 days and France fell in 5 weeks. While the fight against France was pretty easy it seemed pretty historical. I did the decision to attack the Low Countries and the French and British troops poured into Belgium.

I had 5 panzer divisions and lots of infantry go into Netherlands and Belgium. The 5 panzer woulld race to the coast and then go South. I used 7 panzer and light infantry plus normal infantry going through Luxembourg. The fights getting through luxembourg and south east Belgium took longer then historically but once through they raced to cut off the Maginot line and move to Paris. The 5 panzers on the coast also moved to paris as the infantry created pockets in belgium and norther France to defeat. When the breakthrough happened I attacked the Maginot line to pin troops. The fall of France was methodical, pretty easy and just seemed historical to me.

Maybe Netherlands and Belgium held out a little longer then they should have but that is due to fighting in urban areas. I thought about asking to make the fight harder but since I did this on normal I think it's almost perfect. I am forced to make a decision to get 500 MP or take out netherlands piecemeal, which results in s uper fast defeat of Belgium once I dow them. Nice decision there.

As part of a test I tried two sea lion invasions. One in the south and one on the eastern shore near that level one port that is undefended. The one in the channel was intercepted by patrolling UK ships and defeated. The one on the east side landed unopposed. I know you have made some changes for 1.02 so will wait on this. But what I do see is a realistic option. Fight a air war with the Uk for about 6 months targeting their interceptors, then ports. Force the ships to base at the norther ports and interrupt the patrols in the channel. After methodical air war I think it feasable to lauch Sealion under these circumstances.

Observation & Broken Decision?:
I noticed a strange sequence of events. I had Goering as air minister but replaced him in January 1936. I realized in November 1936 that this might mess up the 4 year plan decision. I put him back as air minister but never got the 4 year plan decision. I did not receive any event for the Herman Goering regiment. through April 1940 in that game. I might be mixing up regiments since I have no real clue as to all the event units. I did receive the Grosdeutschland regiment in late 1939 but I thought there were three I should get (Brandenberg, GD and HG). So does removing Goering break the event posibilities even if you add him back?

There will be no SS mod made by me (due to legal restrictions on some countries and as I am under Paradox responsability now). Please don't discuss that in this thread. :)

I think I have finished the 1.02 patch (added Todt death event and a specific minister trait for him +5%IC +5% resources). I am testing it quickly and you may have it in about an hour if everything goes well.

A patch is never late, it is always early!

Please guys enjoy the DLC and report anything you find odd. This patch may be the latest one (hopefully) and then I can send it to Paradox for officialization. :)

PATCH DOWNLOAD

Dies_irae_Gotterdammerung_v1.02_beta.rar

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS

1. Download the Beta patch from the link above (thanks to Derkb for the server)

2. Extract the patch in your HOI3 directory
2.a STEAM: you need to go to your steam installation and then look for \Steam\steamapps\common\hearts of iron 3
2.b DON'T INSTALL THE PATCH IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING! THE DLC IS NOT BROKEN WITHOUT THE PATCH AND YOU CAN WAIT FOR AN OFFICIAL ONE TO COME IN A FEW WEEKS

3. Overwrite when asked (it will only overwrite the DLC files, don't worry)

4. Launch the DLC like you always did, it is successfully patched.

5. You can check if the patch works by going to the naval doctrine technology tab, see the submarine positionning or morale tech and if coastal, medium and long range submarines are included the patch is installed. :)

PATCH CHANGELOG

BE SURE YOUR INSTALLATION OF HOI3 IS CLEAN AND PATCHED TO 2.04F
IF YOU INSTALL ANY HOI3 PATCH, YOU NEED TO REINSTALL THE WHOLE DLC

BUG FIXES
- Finland joining axis now raise up threat against Soviet Union
- Fixed the submarine long range AA technology bug
- Fixed Grossdeutchland event broken conditions
- Deleted most of the event exp forces status due to inability to give leader or rearrange
- Put back Brandenburger and Goering regiments to on map spawn
- Fixed supply IC need bug
- Fixed Mittelmeer typo
- Deleted the add_core command on the fate of slovakia event
- Fixed Rudolf Hess last flight firing even with UK occupied by axis
- War of the Atlantic events won't fire if London is occupied by axis
- UK AI should build more fighters
- reworked some end dates for the operation decisions
- Fixed leszno province being alone owned by POL after the silesia or war event
- Switzerland is now more difficult to take (added 10 forts to VP and a strategic effect with some bonus)
- China should be stronger as long as Germany help them
- Soviet Union should always create puppet
- Axis minors won't be able to exile anymore
- Soviet Union should have less manpower from the Soviet Defense strategic effects
- Soviet Union and Poland shouldn't be at war anymore after the fall of Poland

ADDITIONS
- Changed the occupation policy to grant revolt risk instead of partisan support
- Changed some revolt risk events
- Anschluss now provide static 2500 officers instead of a boost of the officer recruitement
- The Italian subs are now all level 2
- Added victory point to all UK south, east and north ports in order to make the AI defend them
- Added radar and planes to the UK homeguard decision in order to help the AI prevent sealion
- Four year plan industry now adds 5 IC in random provinces instead of infra
- Reworked French and Italian nerf
- Alsace-Lorraine is seceded to Germany in the Vichy event
- Albet Speer has now +15% IC efficiency and +10% supply production but appear in 1942 only
- Claiming Memel now leads to a non agression pact with Lithuania, you can refuse it tho (and then not have memel as core but still under your control)
- Added neutrality loss for Chinese warlords for the Marco Polo bridge incident
- Added untransportable defense brigades for Japanese homeland in all the starting OOB
- Added Todt's death event as well as a specific minister bonus +5% IC +5% resources

NEW UNITS
- Added Assault Gun

BUG FIXES
- fixed some model text
- added some missing models
- fixed some typo in localization
- fixed the Blomberg/Fritsch affair bug making the ministers not to disappear
- deleted some foreign events not relevant to Germany
- deleted the dissent increase in Anschluss and Czech annexation
- fixed Czech tank models (38t)
- fixed Foreign Wehrmacht event text bug
- fixed battle of Paris event not popping sometimes
- changed operationnal tech prerequisites to be easier to plan ahead
- fixed the bugged Barbarossa Operational tech prerequisite
- Italy will always annex Ethiopia
- fixed some overcomplicated strategic effects triggers
- General Winter will now last from november to march
- fixed some battle events triggers
- captured equipment bonus is now 3% IC efficiency
- battle of Leningrad, Moscow, Stalingrad and Sevastopol are now handled via decisions in order to have the event ASAP
- fixed the relocation of Soviet Capital bug (could happen twice)
- fixed the german-soviet agreement reapearing after bitter peace
- switched the two lowest naval leader rank names
- disabled the long range submarine event, now you have to research the tech by yourself
- fixed submarine positionning with wrong stats tech upgrades
- fixed ||| symbol for regiment instead of the brigade's X
- changed the odds of the Rhineland War to happen (happen less often)
- fixed the NSDAP popularity/org appearing twice bug in the nuremberg rally
- deleted KMS prefix to OOB ships
- infantry can now be upgraded to jägers
- fixed the bug when Italy stay at war against allies after the peace of the Rhineland events
- Peace of the Rhineland now actually bring peace to the world
- reduced the impact of the french high command strategic modifier
- halved the neutrality loss for USA when you attack Swiss
- The brigade box close button shouldn't be out of the screen in the lowest resolution
- China should be stronger if Germany decides to help after the war has started (added partisan brigades)
- China joining axis doesn't declare war against JAP anymore
- Nationalist Spain should win more often if helped by Germany
- Added the new uboats to the naval doctrines
- Poland give back the core to Germany when they surrender
- Poland should be at peace with Soviet after they surrender
- Added level 10 forts on the Franco-Italian border
- Buffed UK in North Africa
- Walkyrie event can happen in the '44 scenario now
- Fixed the model names not displaying
- Switched the position of the Sino-German stronger agreement options
- Fixed Long Range Submarine being unable to reach US coasts
- ITA won't puppet ETH anymore
- Fixed Soviet union annexation of baltic states while they are under axis control
- Fixed Soviet Union controlling West Poland provinces

ADDITIONS
- Austrian troops named in their starting OOB with German names for anschluss
- added officer boost after anschluss
- added an allies/comintern peace decision if they happen to be at war due to some bug (won't fire if Germany and Soviet are allied)
- Soviet Union will never declare war via decision on Germany if they choose to be allies during the MR pact
- added the lost of at least x% of core land prerequisite to the soviet bonuses (no more general winter if you are not enough deep in russia)
- added some free troops for UK in Afrika in order to help them if Germany research the Afrika Korps tech
- added some morale penalty to choose from the battle lost events
- added some manpower to USA
- added some manpower to Soviet Union
- added german name for brigade/regiment names in the production screen
- Afrika Korps units are now buildable!
- added an event when France declare war on Germany in '36 in order to warn the player about all this
- Elite units now cost 0 supplies but appear in the construction queue (hence cost IC and time to build)
- the whole maginot line is now full of victory point (+7 points, -7 in Paris to balance) in order to have the AI garrison it for real
- Four year plan industry now grants +10% IC +10% efficiency
- Training laws now include officer recruitment
- Italy is nerfed
- Added an event for Soviet Union to ask for Eastern Poland if Germany controls it before M-R pact
- You can choose to sack Goering instead of Blomberg/Fritsch

White / Grey box on Unit Portraits

Hi guys,

I am not sure if you guys have the same problem but I seem to have grey boxes on my unit portraits.

For instance, I have a German infantry solider with a gun but part of the gun is covered in a grey box.

Also, some unit portraits like Tactical Bomber pilots or Interceptor pilots don't show up.

Can this be fixed?

Thanks!

There will be no SS mod made by me (due to legal restrictions on some countries and as I am under Paradox responsability now). Please don't discuss that in this thread. :).
OK sorry, I misunderstood this then. I thought you will make an SS addon - but not included in the "official" DLC, thus not having any problems with the law. Won't mention it again ;) And thanks for the Patch of course!

Edit: how to enable the StuG's`?

Last edited: